• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Production Rifle

Mine arrived today it weighs in at 17 lbs 8 oz as seen.

Attachments

• GAP.jpg
    GAP.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 362
Yikes, My FFL Screwed up.. it's not my rifle that showed up.. :(

It's still stuck in Corona jail!

I really wish I'd seen this early enough to get in on it.

I've been going back and forth between a 6 Creedmoor or building a 1/7 .223 for a range toy. We don't have any PRS matches close to where I live, but I'd like something that's low recoil and high on the fun factor for my wife and kids to shoot....and me too...

between the heavy weight, muzzle device, and a low recoiling round, it is a very pleasant rifle to shoot in 6 creedmore. I haven't weighted mine yet, but I'd bet it is +/-20 pounds with a Razor2, ARCA rail, Atlas bipod, and a full mag.

I'm getting anxious seeing all of you get yours. Ordered mine on JAN30 and had QD adapters and a hellfire break on it. Still waiting to get the second email or call about finalizing it.

Same. I ordered mine 1/27 (flush cups left side and badger rail) and no one has called me back or emailed me back when I’ve asked if I can go ahead and pay the remaining amount for it. I gave up after half a dozen emails/calls with zero response. I was thinking about asking if I could have a bartlein CF barrel spun up for it while they have it and one for another Gap Tempest but I’ll wait or go a different direction.

Last edited:
Same here, mine was ordered 1/28 and i was hoping to have it here and broke in for the k&m match that’s less than a month away.

Got the call today. Mine is done. Not to crazy on accessories and ordered mine 1/24. Looking forward to getting it!

Congrats!

Finally got mine! Haven't had a chance to get to the range, but lots of dry firing. It weighs in at 19.0 lbs even, as shown.

This is my first GAP, and I can already tell that it won't be my last!

Funny, I ordered and recieved my GAP rifle in 2003. McMillan stock instead of Manners with a M700 action I sent in and this production rifle is still less expensive than that one 17 years ago. This is more rifle for less money. Only real difference I see is mine was bedded and I spec'd a hinged floorplate. (Ninja games were just for ninjas back then). If these are actually bedded I don't see how they do it, bulk purchase pricing or not.

Funny, I ordered and recieved my GAP rifle in 2003. McMillan stock instead of Manners with a M700 action I sent in and this production rifle is still less expensive than that one 17 years ago. This is more rifle for less money. Only real difference I see is mine was bedded and I spec'd a hinged floorplate. (Ninja games were just for ninjas back then). If these are actually bedded I don't see how they do it, bulk purchase pricing or not.
Prime example of why you don’t put money into an R700.

My first custom guns from George were based on Rem 700's... back in 2002/3 too. He got his own labeled action from Lawton in 2005/6. I got one of the first, pics posted in the precision show them thread. He's also built Nesika and Surgeon based acitons for me in 2004/5/6/7. Today it's all custom labeled actions for the most part. I'd pass on the reworked 700's at this point.

How I wish they did these in something other than 6mm variants...I know it's a for PRS/NRL, and I know everyone shoots 6mm...sigh.

I was in the same boat. I would have been in for a 6.5 creed. I just couldn't justify another caliber, especially a 6mm.

What’s the consensus on the action? It’s a tenacity right? Does it have the integrated recoil lug?

Anybody still waiting on a rifle get an update? Last I saw was that they would all have been shipped by the 31st.

Finally got mine yesterday. Fedex had it since the 13th of April. Some BS about not being able to deliver cause of business's being closed. They were open with reduced hours and Fedex never even attempted to deliver. I'll post some pics in a bit, the barrel/brake busted through the hard case but not out of the cardboard sleeve. They must have really banged it around.

20200504_142422.jpg

20200504_142317.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DJL2
Mine shipped out today! Should have it by the end of the week.

Mine shipped today as well. Got a call from a nice lady. Never heard back on any of my emails or voicemails that I left so don't bother trying to get a hold of them.

Last edited:
Anybody have one of these they've changed their mind on? Let me know. Wish I'd seen this in January.

I just wanted to congratulate all of you that picked these rifles, I was a day late and a $ short. I sincerely hope they'll be offered again. I suppose 7 months isn't that long...:( I hope folks will continue to post about there progress with these rifles! Enjoy

She’s a long and heavy girl. Will do some practice with this setup and determine if I want to go with an XRS II or NX8 2.5-20 to get under production scope msrp. Really don’t want to add another reticle to the stable but Is what it is.

Attachments

• A95875BD-EE3A-4F30-86FC-E68D4410BBB5.jpeg
    A95875BD-EE3A-4F30-86FC-E68D4410BBB5.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: Dendro and MPrimo
Got mine mounted up and broke in yesterday. So far so good!

Attachments

• A65B96A9-30DC-4AF3-9BE0-D93B76ABA8A8.jpeg
    A65B96A9-30DC-4AF3-9BE0-D93B76ABA8A8.jpeg
    440.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 4C588768-1E16-4063-9453-2350D5F95DC4.jpeg
    4C588768-1E16-4063-9453-2350D5F95DC4.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 165
Are these tenacity actions melonited? How do you guys like the feel and performance of them? Thanks and congrats

For the people that have theirs already can you post some groups you've shot with it and let us know what pills they like?

I have about 100 rounds through mine - I'm waiting on more ammo right now.
no surprise to me- factory Hornady match is shooting more consistently than anything else I've tested with Hornady Black second.
FGMM with SMKs and Berger Hybrids both shot significantly worse. I have not tried factory Prime or Berger yet.
I do not have 6mm creedmore dies yet, that will come next winter probably.

my first 10 groups averaged about 1" with the Federal ammo skewing the average.

my 2nd trip I shot 4 groups each of black & match. black averaged +/- .8" and match was +/- .65".
I am the weak part of the equation - I need more practice with bolt guns. a more qualified rifleman and hand loads would see these results shrink.

my local range is limited to 200 yards and places I could shoot longer are currently closed to non-members atm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Green
Anyone try a magpul mag in you gun yet?

I posted a review of the rifle and prime 6 creedmor ammo. I don’t know how to link the post to a this thread. Should be easy to find. Here is the second 5 shot group I shot after a quick break in and zeroing. You have to read the review to understand that this is about as bad as this rifle can shoot. I plan to shoot the 200 rounds I bought before working up a load. Can’t wait to see what happens when it gets a tuned load.
C7889FE5-ACEA-4CAF-8F65-AFCF865D24E9.jpeg
These were rounds 16 through 20 down the tube.

What height rings did ya guys go with? I have a mrk5 5-25×56 with Hawkins 1in (high) rings for it but man with this big barrel its sure tight... Maybe have to order some extra tall ones...

I’m running seekins 34mm low rings with a 50mm bell. I have room even with flip up caps.

I’m running the Mark 5 5-25x56 with the MDT Elite medium rings 1”. Scope clears the barrel but I don’t quite have enough room for the flip up covers.
ED4CF05A-2894-4BA1-A996-EAF080FD7EA9.jpeg

I’m running the Mark 5 5-25x56 with the MDT Elite medium rings 1”. Scope clears the barrel but I don’t quite have enough room for the flip up covers.
View attachment 7330755

That's exactly what I have going on. Trying to decide if it worth getting different rings or not... Thanks everyone else who has chimed in as well.

On a non mag topic, I put an APA chode brake on my rifle and shot it today. It was very effective and not that obnoxious to shoot. I would say it knocked down the recoil to about a .223. Although, apparently I did not install it tight enough, because it became loose after 17 round.

Picked up this rig at the Hornady PRC match a couple weekends ago, by far one of the nicest "PRS Production Class" rifles out there currently, you're definitely getting more rifle for the money. Took it out last weekend to run a few rounds through it and it flat out hammers with my current GT load and zero load development. These are the first 5 shot groups out of the rifle after zeroing the scope.

20200720_113639_resized.jpg

20200720_113833_resized.jpg

20200720_113537_resized.png

20200720_113908_resized.jpg

20200720_155248_resized.jpg

Last edited:
First time out with the gap and first 3 rounds to confirm zero after getting the scope sighted in.

Attachments

• IMG_1827.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1827.JPG.jpg
    750.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 20200829_171931(1).jpg
    20200829_171931(1).jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 145
just shy of 400rds through it. Ran some factory Berger 6cm 105s throughly it this weekend. Not great SDs from their ammo but put it on 1000yd steel no problem.

Reactions: Stoweit