• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

If your rifle has a standard gas block on it now then we cannot add a Noveske switch block. We can only add a JP adjustable block which is not switchable.

To add a Noveske we would have to change the Barrel.

I thought in Tyler's GAP-10 review video he said that you cannot retrofit a rifle without a switchblock to a switchblock system? I thought it had to do with something the location of the gas ports.

I'd ask GAP to be certain. They'd know better than me.

I'd also buy the can and send off the paperwork now... The wait ain't improving!

I have to agree! I would leave the green the way it is! I will be ordering the green as well!!

NTX,

OHhhh, that gets me anxious. I ordered pretty much your rifle, but 18". Not many photos of the mil-spec OD, so THANK YOU for posting it!!! I ordered min Jan, so I will likely be in the "delayed" group, but no worries. NICE shooting too by the way!!!

I took a week vacation to go shoot it in mid-Sept, hopefully it'll still be a GAP-10 shooting vacation, but if not, I suppose I'll shoot some other stuff.

Again, thanks for sharing!!

-G45

Yea I really like that mil-od! Looks great GA did a great job and builds some awesome rifles. BTW that group shot after about 150 rounds ..... And still puts it in the same hole!!

I'm hoping to hear something this week on my December order for an event I want to use it in the following week.

Last edited:
Received my GAP 10 chambered in 6mm CM, 21" fluted switch block barrel last week, a few week from what was quoted and set a USO 3.5-17 SN3 on it. Went out this last weekend and shot 60 round through it. Started lower but ended up at 41.0 gr of H4350 and 105 gr Berger Hybrids with the rifle suppress the rifle is a work of art! It is an absolute tack driver with 3 and 4 shot groups in 1 hole and easy
1/2" 5 shot groups! GAP did an awesome job of tuning my rifle to my TBAC 30 P1, all the brass ejected nicely into a small area 90 degrees of the bolt! Again, could not be any happier with my new GAP!

2yys560.jpg

Last edited:
No worries the reason ivask mine will be here this week. Any reason for the 21 inch barrel they recomended the 23 for me, maybee im a special case. Lol

Rich

No worries the reason ivask mine will be here this week. Any reason for the 21 inch barrel they recomended the 23 for me, maybee im a special case. Lol

Rich

I was just wanting to keep the rifle as short as possible and be close to 3000 fps with the 105's. It looks like it worked out for me here at this altitude, I will bump it up to
42gr next time I go shoot it. But 42 gr may be too much at lower altitudes, I started at 40 gr and worked up from there, the rifle shot great for me suppressed with 41gr's, 41.5 and best at 41.8 so far and with almost no load development time involved on my part, thanks to George!
Grin!!

Started lower but ended up at 41.8 gr of H4350 and 105 gr Berger Hybrids QUOTE]

What is your OAL using the Berger bullets? I'm having issues using the Bergers. They aren't making it into the chamber and the tips are hitting the outside barrel wall so that the bullet gets shoved back into the case.

Soon as I get some glass on mine I'll throw up a pic.

There it is:

GA Precision GAP-10 .308 w/ 22" barrel, threaded.
Vortex PST FFP 6-24 in a Larue LT104 mount
Atlas Bipod w/ ADM mount
Illusive Wildlife green kill light in a QD mount (only gonna have it on for nighttime hog hunts)
Magpul PRS
Larue index clips
Troy QD sling attach point

[MENTION=86468]mdmorrow[/MENTION]

That is sweet!! Still waiting on mine, the more I see these pictures the more I wish I could just fast forward the wait. Enjoy! Cheers

[MENTION=86468]mdmorrow[/MENTION]

That is sweet!! Still waiting on mine, the more I see these pictures the more I wish I could just fast forward the wait. Enjoy! Cheers

Thank you sir! It's a sweet rig. It was between one of these and an OBR and I feel like I made the right call.

Yup I think you did, my dad went with an OBR and I went with GAP. I really dont know if we could've gone wrong either way

First week in January and nothing yet. Still waiting for an email reply...

It sounds like they are trying to deliver all remaining December/January orders by the end of August. I ordered at the end of December and am coming up on 2 months past the original estimate (4-6 months). They told me 2 more months at the end of June which is in line with the lead-time thread under the bolt action section of the site.

For those waiting, I got the call today, my rifle was ordered 12/29/12 and will ship this week! Here are the stats:

.308 win, 18" Barrel
Rifle length handguards
Titan Brake
Geissele trigger
PRS stock
FDE everything

Also my friend ordered his 2-3 weeks after mine and his is shipping as well. Hope this helps some of you.

For those waiting, I got the call today, my rifle was ordered 12/29/12 and will ship this week! Here are the stats:

.308 win, 18" Barrel
Rifle length handguards
Titan Brake
Geissele trigger
PRS stock
FDE everything

Also my friend ordered his 2-3 weeks after mine and his is shipping as well. Hope this helps some of you.

You guys in Maryland and Connecticut were shoved forward due to Legislation that was passed and deadlines that came with those laws that passed. We are finishing up December orders this week and January Orders start delivering next week. January will take 2 months to get through. February will take a month to a month and a half. If you ordered your rifle in March-April your looking at a December delivery at the moment. This is an educated guess, we have lots of parts now, so further delays don't look like an issue. We are absolutely doing these as fast as possible but were not going to sacrifice quality for speed!!

I have always wanted an AR-10 platform rifle, but was never impressed with the performance of any until I saw a few GAP10s on our 1K range. Going to run it out to distance in the next few weeks.

44.0gn of Varget
FGMM Case
CCI BR2
175SMK

22" Barrel
Surefire Brake
Geissele Trigger
PRS Stock
Magpul Grip
TAB Sling

Badger 1 piece mount holding a Bushnell 3-21X G2 Reticle

.308 win, 18" Barrel
Rifle length handguards
Titan Brake
Geissele trigger
PRS stock
FDE everything

I ordered 12/21 and I haven't been contacted to send my suppressor yet. :(

I ordered 12/21 and I haven't been contacted to send my suppressor yet. :(
Thar'a some horse crap right there. I'm sorry, but those states who can not control their legislature shouldn't benefit on wait times, versus those that do. I'm just saying.

Last edited:
Thar'a some horse fucking shit right there. I'm sorry, but those states who can not control their legislature shouldn't benefit on wait times, versus those that do. I'm just saying.

I agree it sucks, but these guys got their orders in before the changes in their state laws. Us getting them done by the deadline was the only way they would get them. and they are Hide members and shooters, Our thinking is that we need as many good guys in these states with accurate rifles as possible. Right? We felt it was the right thing to do.

As most of you know, we are in the process of changing the handguard. This change is across the board and will probably take place in October/November timeframe. the current handguard will be phased out and replaced with a new one.

This is a SolidWorks drawing of the current proposed new guard. the cuts at and below the centerline will not go all the way through the guard are there for looks and grip surface. Comments??

407387527.jpg

407387526.jpg

Thar'a some horse fucking shit right there. I'm sorry, but those states who can not control their legislature shouldn't benefit on wait times, versus those that do. I'm just saying.

Assuming these people who's orders have been moved up have the same political views as most or all of us, these laws are being pushed through by officials they did not vote for so your "controling the legislature" comment gets thrown right out the window. Not everyone is independently wealthy enough to move to a different state when there current state of residence decides to enact laws they don't agree with. Some people are tied to a state by a job or family. Thankfully I live in a gun friendly state and don't have the issues that others are having now. That being said, I applaud any company in the gun industry that decides to put people who live in these gun endangered states first (example: Magpul, GA Precision, ect...). If I was still waiting on my GAP-10, I would have called GA and told them to move these people ahead of me.

This is a shooting community and considering the political climate right now, we need to try and help each other instead of complaining like kindergarteners.

Mods: I tried my best to stay away from crossing the political rule line and I feel I have not crossed the line. However, if I did cross the line, please inform me and I will either edit or delete my post with an apology.

Last edited:
Assuming these people who's orders have been moved up have the same political views as most or all of us, these laws are being pushed through by officials they did not vote for so your "controling the legislature" comment gets thrown right out the window. Not everyone is independently wealthy enough to move to a different state when there current state of residence decides to enact laws they don't agree with. Some people are tied to a state by a job or family. Thankfully I live in a gun friendly state and don't have the issues that others are having now. That being said, I applaud any company in the gun industry that decides to put people who live in these gun endangered states first (example: Magpul, GA Precision, ect...). If I was still waiting on my GAP-10, I would have called GA and told them to move these people ahead of me.

This is a shooting community and considering the political climate right now, we need to try and help each other instead of complaining like kindergarteners.

Mods: I tried my best to stay away from crossing the political rule line and I feel I have not crossed the line. However, if I did cross the line, please inform me and I will either edit or delete my post with an apology.

Cheesy man, cheesy. :) Get off George's nuts.

Yeah, it's great we take care of the shooting community, but still seems kinds whacked out no matter how you slice it. Not my problem if the sky was falling. Orders taken should be processed as received regardless of the climate. But its his company, so he drives it how he sees fit.

I like the new design, so I assume mine will have this given all the orders for February are likely pushed back due to our bros in MD and CN?

Last edited:
I think it's ugly, and I would prefer mine to come the way I ordered it back in January.

Don't go Larue on us George.

As most of you know, we are in the process of changing the handguard. This change is across the board and will probably take place in October/November timeframe. the current handguard will be phased out and replaced with a new one.

This is a SolidWorks drawing of the current proposed new guard. the cuts at and below the centerline will not go all the way through the guard are there for looks and grip surface. Comments??

407387527.jpg

407387526.jpg

I'm just trying, and achieving in, getting you pumped up. Don't get your granny panties in a bunch.
Sympathy for anyone, um, no. Charitable isn't one of my traits.

407387527.jpg

407387526.jpg

I am not a fan of the new look. The old design is MUCH better looking. Might be time to go back to the drawing board on this one as it seems like a step back in design quality. Maybe stick with the current design but leaving the bottom not completely cut through. The new lines do not flow at all. But we don't purchase GAP weapons because they look cool. We buy them cause they SHOOT and SHOOT good !

Its nothing like Larue, LOL If you ordered yours In January you will get the current one. We have over a hundred in stock.

Keep in mind this is a drawing, it will look alot different than the drawing, as the cuts will be champered and radiused

I think it's ugly, and I would prefer mine to come the way I ordered it back in January.

Don't go Larue on us George.

I am not a fan of the new look. The old design is MUCH better looking. Maybe stick with the current design but leaving the bottom not completely cut through. But we don't purchase GAP weapons because they look cool. We buy them cause they SHOOT and SHOOT good !

The old design is not an option, this is not a we want to do, this is a court based decision that falls from the Hogan/POF agreement.

Also this is not a final concept so please refrain from just saying you dont like it give me some ideas. Ill take the consortium and come up with a final idea. I have lots that like this to so again its like everything in life Everyone's taste is different.

Should have a couple different concepts early next week.

Ahhh, this is good news from GAP!! I ordered mine early January, so I bet the boys are close, thanks for the update George. I think it was a good move for George and staff to get rifles out to those facing state regulation that prevent purchasing these rifles, I have no problem with it.
The tables were turned on us here in Colorado when on July 1, we can no longer buy "high capacity" mags. Magpul stepped up and gave us preferential treatment to buy 20 5.56 mags and 10 7.62 mags when you could not find them anywhere earlier this year. They wanted to get mags in the hands of anyone in Colorado who wanted them before the law took effect. It was very much appreciated.
Looking forward to seeing my rifle soon!!!

The old design is not an option, this is not a we want to do, this is a court based decision that falls from the Hogan/POF agreement.

Also this is not a final concept so please refrain from just saying you dont like it give me some ideas. Ill take the consortium and come up with a final idea. I have lots that like this to so again its like everything in life Everyone's taste is different.

Should have a couple different concepts early next week.

I ordered mine in late Jan, so mine will be the current model? Not that I really care, but I was just wondering. I just hope to get it before the CA bans go through!