• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

Wouldn't mind a GAP-10, but it's tough to beat a MK216 with the MIL/LE discount direct from PWS. And you can have it now.

Problem is, like I said, I'm also going to utilize this as a sniper rifle for law enforcement. I can talk to the right people and get .260 or 6.5 approved, but it will be VERY hard to get ammo for it through the dept and I'll have to fuss up my own money and fight to get it back. if I go 308, I will have free ammo. that's a huge thing to consider.

I mean I can just use my M14 (still waiting on that sucker) for the sniper role, but I much prefer the GAP-10

and they sure do hold their value! and I haven't looked yet (I will now) but they probably come with a premium 'no wait' price as well.

Some things are worth waiting for :)

My two recent builds.

20" 5.56mm SASS and an 18" 6.5 Grendel.

Attachments

• Range Day 6-19-13 002.jpg
    Range Day 6-19-13 002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 48
You guys in Maryland and Connecticut were shoved forward due to Legislation that was passed and deadlines that came with those laws that passed. We are finishing up December orders this week and January Orders start delivering next week. January will take 2 months to get through. February will take a month to a month and a half. If you ordered your rifle in March-April your looking at a December delivery at the moment. This is an educated guess, we have lots of parts now, so further delays don't look like an issue. We are absolutely doing these as fast as possible but were not going to sacrifice quality for speed!!

Awesome gesture, but MD's ban has no bearing on .308-based AR's. Just the smaller 5.56 version and its 'subordinates'. ;)

anyone receive their gap10 lately? just trying to see what order dates are shipping. I have a jan 11th order date. I am really hoping its close to shipping!

Yeah right. I emailed Dustin asking for a simple update and he emailed me back a less than desirable response. To paraphrase, it essentially said they don't give updates. Guess he could have said, yeah bro it's coming along well. See for me, it's a gift for my son for Christmas, even incorporated his intitials and birthdate into it. Hope they don't forget that part. Imagine I should be getting a call soon.

Last edited:
Several posts have been made with exact details on GAP-10 Rifle Status. If you Call Dustin Or Kenny they will not be able to give you any more detail then I have given in here. Yes it sucks and I wish I could always know to the day when rifles would ship. That would be great but not realistic. Too many variables. But the good news is we're on track to finish up 120+ rifles before the end of the year. January was the huge month were the amount of orders were about 30 times normal once through that our given lead times should be back on track. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Can anyone tell me the weight of this rifle. Specifically I'm looking for the weight of a .308 with a 16.5" flutted barrel, and a magpul PRS stock. I am in the process of ordering one, but before I pull the trigger I would like to know how much it would weigh.

I had a fluted 18.5" bbl w/ an STR stock and it was right at 10lbs. I would guess a 16.5" w/ PRS would be pretty close to 10.5 lbs. While I think it would balance well with a PRS, this is not a lightweight system.

Ordered 12/28/12 Will finally take delivery 12/27/13 - one day short of a year. Not sure what the hold up was as I've seen guys that have received rifles in 6 months.

22" Gis 2 stage, noveske switch in 308

ZERO COMPLAINTS! Can't wait to get her all dialed in.

Will post pics soon. Merry Christmas everybody!

Can anyone tell me the weight of this rifle. Specifically I'm looking for the weight of a .308 with a 16.5" flutted barrel, and a magpul PRS stock. I am in the process of ordering one, but before I pull the trigger I would like to know how much it would weigh.

I'd suggest looking at a DPMS SASS and what the specs are on that. I think those are 18" barrel, but it'd have to get you within 6 ozs.

You guys are killin' me here!
I'm a bolt guy. Never thought I needed an AR platform until the gov't got all hot about taking them away last year, so I picked up a Colt AR15. I like this rifle. Started looking at AR .308's but not real impressed with the accuracy I've seen from them. Then someone suggested GAP. After reading this thread I want one!
Crap, this is gonna cost me!

New guards are nice. I'll have to order a new upper or new gap 10 for that. Mines quickly becoming and old battleship! But it's the rifle I use the most... One awesome rifle!

[MENTION=66959]Wheezy[/MENTION] nice! mine will look close to that except it will be a 20" barrel and a mini fte brake

Mid January Order arrived.....
GAP94m.jpg

GAP98m.jpg

22" Flutted 308 11.25" twist w/ Noveske Switchblock, all in FDE cerakote. 14.2# with scope and empty mag.

Last edited:
That's a fine looking rifle. I believe I may be envious!

Hi Res? Haha. That's an iPhone pic. I'll post some more tonight. The barrel is 18" to the end of the brake. The knurling is good. It's not overly aggressive, but it gives the shooter a positive grip. The rail itself is much smaller in diameter which is also nice.

[MENTION=78912]WeaselWalker[/MENTION] sorry if you already posted this in the thread, but when was your order date? Looks fantastic, would definitely love more pics

Have had my GAP 10 6CM since last August and have about 1200 rounds though it so far and loving it. and the 6CM brass is great as well!

2vmxdaw.jpg

30bi8bb.jpg

Pics taken by Zach at TTGC

Last edited:
My latest surprising results 6mm CM GAP10

I was shooting out at 1k (yards) the other day, and was getting kicked arround by the wind a bit, 2-4" on either side. Once I tagged it a few times, I moved on to other stuff. It was a good day.

The mangled top from the front image is a 5.56 shot at 500 yards. The back shot shows the second hit on the side.

What was really surprising, was the penetration at that distance.. straight through. I was shooting 41.2gr H4350 with Hornady 105gr HPBT's

Attachments

• DSCF1408.jpg
    DSCF1408.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1410.jpg
    DSCF1410.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 32
GAP 10 arrived

So, nearly 1 year to the date I ordered( 8 days short of a year actually :) ) I received the call. Ordered Jan 24 '13, called by G.A. Jan 16. Finally able to retrieve it from my FFL today.

18" fluted barrel, S-F brake
Mil-spec OD, mid-length hand guard (vs rifle length option they offer)
.308 (although 6.5CM is beginning to sound quite intriguing!!!)
Geissele DMR Trigger
the obvious Magpul PRS stock

Tried to get some close ups of the hand guard since I got the new style. Also tried to capture the mil-spec OD for people. It's REALLY nice and flat in color. It's darker than OD and dare I say more "mud-colored" than regular OD. I have a bolt gun in regular OD. I'll try and get some good lighting for a comparison. Anyway grinning from ear-to-ear all day today, and likely for the rest of the week.

Worth the wait, and I haven't even shot it yet!

-G45

20140127_194410.jpgGAP10_HG right.jpg 20140127_194533.jpgGAP10_freefloat.jpg

Attachments

• 20140127_194426.jpg
    20140127_194426.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43