• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

Was admiring your photograph and thought "there's a guy who can shoot with a camera as well"! An iPhone non the less, just proving that it's the manipulator and not the device.

Then I noticed your website. Nice stuff there!

My screen name actually came to me via photography not weapons, but it just happens to fit both ways.

Was admiring your photograph and thought "there's a guy who can shoot with a camera as well"! An iPhone non the less, just proving that it's the manipulator and not the device.

Then I noticed your website. Nice stuff there!

My screen name actually came to me via photography not weapons, but it just happens to fit both ways.

Thanks...do you shoot professionally? Where in N. Idaho are ya? I drive through there a few times every year on my way to and from interior BC.

These GAP 10's look amazing. I see what my next rig is going to have to be. Hopefully by the time I am ready to order the wait time is down. I know patience is a virtue but after seeing some of these pictures and reading a few reports on them I want one now.

We have over a dozen GAP 10's in our vault that are completed from August-December that are being held up by Magpul or Geiselle parts.

Current orders are being placed with a best-guess estimated 10 month lead time.

Colored PRS stocks and grips, Geiselle DMR triggers, and upper receivers are our main stumbling blocks as of this morning.

Any update on these?

Spring arrived in Redneckistan this weekend so I got out and did some overdue gear dialing (the GAP-10 was worked on by GAP, new to me POF and PWS rifles needed to be live fire function tested and the SA XDs needed more trigger time to be vetted). Put 60 rounds down range in no time flat with the GAP-10 and was glad I didn't bring any more .308 with me. Is there anything as addictive as smacking steel in a hurry with a semi-auto?

GAP10_stansbury.png

iphone photo

real nice photo-I really like how washed out it looks....the rifle is ok as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine. Caliber is the 6mm Creedmoor. Scope up top is the Bushnell HDMR with the GAP G2 reticle sitting in the Badger mounts that is provided with the GAP10 rifle. I am using a Harris bipod with the DLOC-S from Phoenix Tactical and a monopod from Accu-Shot. The paint is cerakote and was applied by me.

I am currently shooting the 105 Hornady BTHP with AMP jackets at about 3050 fps. I haven't shot for groups much yet as I have been busy killing coyotes with it and just don't have enough ammo to justify "wasting it" on things that don't have fur on them. The few groups I have shot indicate that this will hold in the 3/8 inch size range with ease.

Add your pics to the topic.

GAP10_RS.jpg

GAP10_LS.jpg
</div></div>

good looking gun

Nice camo job.

Just picked mine up! Need to make some time soon to go try it out.

Here's a crappy cellphone pic.
Image.jpg

How nice would it be if George posted he had hired another fella from Colorado School of Trades that would be trained up in a month or two to help with this backlog?! Seems like the demand will stay high for these for the foreseeable future with enough orders in the month of January outselling the last year's entire worth of orders. If it doesn't make sense for him, that's ok too, I can wait. Just dreaming of a Gap-10 Independence Day vs a Gap-10 thanksgiving!

Alright I am not sure if this is the proper place for this or not. But you guys probably understand this issue better than anyone else.

I have a pof 308with the 20inch barrel. The rail on it is the same that gap uses. Because of the rail height i went fairly low with my scope rings . Now.it sits really well. The problem is I was planing on buying a laru tactical offset aimpoint t1. Im am worried the set up wont work. Does anyone have any advice.

The scope I am running is a night force 3.5-15×50 with leupold medium rings

By the way. Killer set ups.

My wait started a week ago. "Are we there yet!!!"

... I believe that no matter what my expectations are, the rifle I receive, as well as the customer service, will far surpass them.

... I guess until then I can get the scope and suppressor ordered.
smile.gif

I'm 1 month behind you for my order date. I've got my suppressor, bipod and 500 rounds of copper creek ordered. Still deciding on a scope.

Last edited:
My order date is 11/20/2012.

I've been telling myself it will be ready in July and to try and not think about it.

This is going to make now until the end of April a very loooong wait. Looking forward to it!

GAP does not allow changes because when you order they order your parts for your rifle from suppliers, changing a part is not as simple as you call and they put on a new part. Plus parts are backordered and thus hard to get even now. Also, letting you change means they have to allow everyone to change and then the process gets even slower. As for customer service they are top notch and if you read on threads their are no issues with them. Once you get your rifle they will take care of you. Them not changing your part is not poor customer service because they are very clear on no changes when you order. Just order the correct brake now and place it on once your rifle arrives. You can easily sell the other brake after your rifle finally arrives.

Just my two cents.

I agree they are very clear on no changes. I did not previously mention that I told Dustin I will still take the Badger FTE brake because I agreed on the purchase, but I don't want it put on the guns. I would like a thread protector installed so I can install the proper SureFire brake. It's a small issue, but it is a part of customer service IMO. It is an easy fix once I have the gun in my hands, but this is a high end semi-auto and I feel there is room for improvement on GAP's end before a gun is shipped.

I'm more than excited about the gun and happy about my purchase. But like you said.. Once you get your rifle they will take care of you.

This isn't the place for this topic to continue. I will be adding a pic of my GAP-10 when it gets here!

.308 20" barrel
Geissele National Match-DMR trigger
Noveske Switch Block
Badger FTE Muzzle Brake Installed
Milspec OD Green Cerakote Upper and the remainder Black Cerakote

Just get the brake you want and plan on changing it when you get the rifle. Sucks, but they have rules for a reason. It's not "No order changes, unless it's convenient for you." :eek:

Just got word from Dustin the barrel run for November is done.

Getting closer!!

Anyone ever inquire about or have gone through with a GAP build but have them use the POF Gas Piston system instead of the DI system or with the Noveske?

R6hibrids - Good news on the DMR triggers.

Got an email from Dustin today that they received them last week.

Last edited:
R6hibrids - Good news on the DMR triggers.

Got an email from Dustin today that they received them last week. "We got them in last week. No problem there. We have about 50 barrels to assemble till the next run and we will be right on track."

On a side note: It's still FnFdUp they can't screw a thread protector on instead of installing a brake w/o $200 and BACK OF THE LINE! Very poor IMO! They make a great gun. They have excellent customer service once you own the gun, BUT until you are a member...

You want to what? Make a change??

(No change really, just please don't attach the brake. Please use a thread protector and ship the brake w/ the rifle.)

Can't you read??? $200 and BACK OF THE LINE!

Believe me, I understand where you are coming from, it's as simple as remove one MB and install a different one but the next guy comes along and wants to change the trigger then the next wants to add flutes to the barrel. If they make one small exception then every exception after that gets bigger and bigger until a GAP-10 order eventually gets changed to a bolt gun order after all the GAP-10 parts have been ordered. By doing it the way they do they save time and money and it makes there customers think really hard about what they want before they order. Plus it's not like they hid there ordering policy in some deep corner or cyberspace, it is right on there site and every email I have recieved had a link to the policy at the bottom of the email.

I am not trying to piss anybody off but I have, in the past and recently at work, gotten caught in the middle of the exception game and I am not doing it anymore. That is why I posted this.

This reminds me of a motivational poster:

uploadfromtaptalk1363739923383.jpg

BTW, FWIW, I have decided that it may be a while before I can get the suppressor I want and I would like the brake I supplied changed with one of the bastard brakes but knowing there rules I will find another way to get it done; maybe as a paid service from GA after the rifle is complete, maybe a local smith, or maybe myself.

Haha I like the poster.

Let me know when your rifle comes in. I've got a feeling we are in the same batch. I just got word today the NV optic I have been waiting on is starting to ship. My suppressor is still a few months out. Recieved my bipod today. Scope is on the way. Still need to buy the rings... AMMO, $H!T... Ordered but not sure when it will get here. Getting close my friend! Getting very close.

Last edited:
Haha I like the poster.

This whole thing started as a topic of customer service. Again, trying to not hijack this thread so the topic was moved to the bear pit.

Brakes are a piece of cake to change. I personally didn't want the loctite applied to my barrel when all I'm going to do is remove it. Let me know when your rifle comes in. I've got a feeling we are in the same batch. I just got word today the NV optic I have been waiting on is starting to ship. My suppressor is still a few months out. Recieved my bipod today. Scope is on the way. Still need to buy the rings... AMMO, $H!T... Ordered but not sure when it will get here. Getting close my friend! Getting very close.

I got my hdmr, atlas bipod, and rear bag a month ago.

Just so happens that I got a call from Dustin today. My rifle is ready except for the furniture. I ordered the PRS in FDE and as yet they have not gotten it.

It seems that Magpul is making good on the threat to leave Colorado if they passed the ban. They did and Magpul is heading out, which will put everything back some time as they relocate. How long? Who knows.

I was offered the rifle with black stock and grip (thanks guys!!), but the upper and lower are already FDE so I shall wait for now.

I must say the I am absolutely pleased to hear that Magpul is making good on getting out of that Californicated mess. I'll gladly wait if that is the cause.

GAP rocks! Magpul rocks! Colorado is just another sad case, too bad.

Just so happens that I got a call from Dustin today. My rifle is ready except for the furniture. I ordered the PRS in FDE and as yet they have not gotten it.

It seems that Magpul is making good on the threat to leave Colorado if they passed the ban. They did and Magpul is heading out, which will put everything back some time as they relocate. How long? Who knows.

I was offered the rifle with black stock and grip (thanks guys!!), but the upper and lower are already FDE so I shall wait for now.

I must say the I am absolutely pleased to hear that Magpul is making good on getting out of that Californicated mess. I'll gladly wait if that is the cause.

GAP rocks! Magpul rocks! Colorado is just another sad case, too bad.

Completely agree with you on all your points on waiting!

How did you have your new stick optioned?

Re: GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

22", .308, fluted barrel, prs stock, dmr trigger, black. I got an HDMR sitting here as well as an atlas bipod, 60 rounds of 168gr Fgmm, and 100 gas gun rounds from Copper Creek.

Last edited:
Completely agree with you on all your points on waiting!

How did you have your new stick optioned?

I ordered a 20" barrel w/surefire brake, switchblock, SSA-E trigger, FDE cerekote and FDE furniture of course.

I also have a Nightforce Army Spec F-1 waiting along with an Atlas bipod and monopod.

It will look just like post #167 in this thread, except that rifle does not have a switchblock.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a pic or two of the Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake installed on the GAP10 by chance? I know what the brake looks like so no copy/paste links lol. I'm just curious how they look in relation to the GAP barrel profile.

Thanks

Got a VM from Dustin today on my gap, I ordered it at the beginning of November he says the rifle is finished up and I just need to send him my suppressor so they can tune it!

life is good!

In my book if I am paying some one 3 or 4 thousand dollars its always okay to call :) with that said I didn't since I knew it was going to take 6 months according to plan. Goodness is that they are early on mine!

I won't call but I will send an email so they can reply at a convenient time for them. I don't want to be "that guy." I must correct myself from an earlier post, I ordered on 10/10.

I took custody Friday and got sighted-in yesterday (Monday). After about 12 rounds tweaking the scope, I took two shots at an abandoned target to the left of mine (shown in left part of bottom pic). After 12 more rounds, I finished with the two groups in the right part of the picture. Shooting Copper Creek 175 SMK, prone from 100 yards. Couldn't stop smiling on Day 1.

Attachments

• GAP-10-1.jpg
    GAP-10-1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 39
  • GAP-10-2.jpg
    GAP-10-2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Day1.jpg
    Day1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I took custody Friday and got sighted-in yesterday (Monday). After about 12 rounds tweaking the scope, I took two shots at an abandoned target to the left of mine (shown in left part of bottom pic). After 12 more rounds, I finished with the two groups in the right part of the picture. Shooting Copper Creek 175 SMK, prone from 100 yards. Couldn't stop smiling on Day 1.
Great looking rifle and great shooting too. Just curious did you follow the barrel break in procedure, or just shoot it?

Thanks. Yes, I followed GAP's procedure as closely as I could on the day I received the rifle, stroking the barrel with pads, brushes, general solvent, and copper solvent until I had about 10 rounds through it. The next range day, I cleaned as much as I reasonably could until I had about 25 rounds through the barrel. The copper fouling dropped off pretty quickly, so the process wasn't too onerous. I had the Dewey AR-10 .308 cleaning kit which made the process easy. Mail Call Mondays #12 is a very good YouTube video on AR cleaning if you're new to them.