• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

Unless you're in N. Kansas City, MO, you'll be building yourself an AR10 if you use Armalite gear, or a Large-frame AR if you use other receivers. A GAP-10 is built by GA Precision and I doubt they would appreciate anyone else building a rifle with the same name. I don't know if they have trademarked the name, yet, but they have trademarked other names in their rifle line.

I am sure they wouldn't mind if I build one and call it a GAP-10, I am special like that.

Ok, not really as far as being special, but I do work at GA. If you get a rifle with a proof mark that looks like a mitten (or a mil replica ordered since I started), I built it. The proof mark was supposed to look like a boxing glove, but it came out looking more like a mitten.

I am sure they wouldn't mind if I build one and call it a GAP-10, I am special like that.

Ok, not really as far as being special, but I do work at GA. If you get a rifle with a proof mark that looks like a mitten (or a mil replica ordered since I started), I built it. The proof mark was supposed to look like a boxing glove, but it came out looking more like a mitten.

Well I guess that puts you in the N. Kansas City, MO disclaimer.
I was wondering what this symbol was:

Attachments

• photo73939.jpg
    photo73939.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 614
Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Well I guess that puts you in the N. Kansas City, MO disclaimer.
I was wondering what this symbol was:

That is Adam's stamp. When I do get around to making a GAP-10 I probably will have him spin up the barrel as well. He basically is the GAP-10 section of GA. I can do it fine, but he will do if faster and probably better as he does them all and knows all the right speed/feed rates to avoid chatter in contouring, etc. Outside of the mil replicas (because the real ones don't have them) all the GA guns have a makers stamp on the barrel and in the barrel channel of the stock for bolt guns.

That is Adam's stamp. When I do get around to making a GAP-10 I probably will have him spin up the barrel as well. He basically is the GAP-10 section of GA. I can do it fine, but he will do if faster and probably better as he does them all and knows all the right speed/feed rates to avoid chatter in contouring, etc. Outside of the mil replicas (because the real ones don't have them) all the GA guns have a makers stamp on the barrel and in the barrel channel of the stock for bolt guns.

Well make sure he knows he spun a good one on this rifle. He is probably still cursing my existence for the 11/16-24 threads on the muzzle and collar on the barrel for the Ops Inc can.

Well make sure he knows he spun a good one on this rifle. He is probably still cursing my existence for the 11/16-24 threads on the muzzle and collar on the barrel for the Ops Inc can.

I actually remember your barrel (unless it was someone else with the same set up I guess). Man, he was cursing you up one side and down the other for weeks.

Ok, I kid. We actually like when there is something different most of the time. Though I am serious about remembering the barrel part, but that was from just talking about the set up as far as turning it.

I can't wait to show off my GAP-10 and upload pics of it on this thread. That is as soon as I find one for sale. Seems like everyone is holding onto their GAP-10 as I have not seen any posted for sale on this sight at all. Anyone got one for sale?

Thx

I honestly am not just saying this because I work at GA, but with the wait time being as low as it is right now for GAP-10's and with the price they usually go for when sold second hand, it may just be a better idea to get a new one and exactly as you want it.

I am aware you need to take my answer with a grain of salt since I work there, but that really would be my advice rather I did or not. Of course it is possible to find a screaming deal on one in the chamber and twist rate you want, with the parts and colors you want, etc; but you may be waiting a long while for that.

From their Facebook page back in July, 2 months. What it is now, I don't know but it took mine 9 months .... worth every minute. The tune on the Geissele SSA-E is AMAZING and it is a hammer with 140SMKs, 140ELDMs, etc.

The lower and upper was made by Hogan. GAP manufactured the rifle.

man·u·fac·ture
ˌman(y)əˈfak(t)SHər/
verb
past tense: manufactured; past participle: manufactured
  1. 1.
    make (something) on a large scale using machinery.
nothing I said about Hogan manufacturering my gun was incorrect. GAP assembled the parts. They didn't manufacture anything.

I really want to get over to GAP and take a look . I need to give them a call....not very far from me in the grand scheme of things.

Watch this video: GAP 10

Everything you'll ever want to know and know how they shoot are here. My GAP10's are great shooters, just like in the video.
I was wanting to know load info on the 6.5 creedmoor. I'm aware they are good shooters. Also the video sound is distorted.

I was wanting to know load info on the 6.5 creedmoor. I'm aware they are good shooters. Also the video sound is distorted.

Weird, the sound works great for me.

Anyway, give GAP a call, they should be able to give you a good load recommendation. George gave me one for the 6mm Creedmoor and I found it worked great and I've been using the same load for years. Also, try looking in the reloading sections of this forum, you might find something good in there and the load doesn't necessarily have to be for a GAP10, just any semi-auto 6.5 Creedmoor. Be careful of the bolt gun loads, they can be too much for the gas gun.

Weird, the sound works great for me.

Anyway, give GAP a call, they should be able to give you a good load recommendation. George gave me one for the 6mm Creedmoor and I found it worked great and I've been using the same load for years. Also, try looking in the reloading sections of this forum, you might find something good in there and the load doesn't necessarily have to be for a GAP10, just any semi-auto 6.5 Creedmoor. Be careful of the bolt gun loads, they can be too much for the gas gun.
Thanks!

I’ll have to upload some pictures of the groups that I get with mine. I just bought a GAP-10 in FDE brand new from GA and it’s sweet.

Attachments

• D9CF21E5-B073-47A6-9EE6-0E2183495DEF.jpeg
    D9CF21E5-B073-47A6-9EE6-0E2183495DEF.jpeg
    682.2 KB · Views: 427
Bottom group is a 10 rounder. That really high round at the 11 o’clock position wasn’t from me and already there on the cardboard.

Attachments

• 6EE3452D-E983-47EC-A0A2-963E8E921667.jpeg
    6EE3452D-E983-47EC-A0A2-963E8E921667.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 40328131-CE43-4E9A-BD4E-93D667A694D8.jpeg
    40328131-CE43-4E9A-BD4E-93D667A694D8.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 228
  • E21DC214-5D32-4ACC-8346-EF4DEA7AFEF9.jpeg
    E21DC214-5D32-4ACC-8346-EF4DEA7AFEF9.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 248
Need help having ejection issues with gap 10 g2 in 6.5cm. I bought this second hand and have had nothing but issues with this gun. When I received it I took it out to the range and shot it unsupressed and it kept jamming on me. I took it home and the retainer for the buffer was bent so I replaced the buffer tube and retainer because it had damage. I cleaned everything well and took it out with factory match loads 130 grain and used my suppressor with the gas turned completely off and was still locking bolt back. I'm thinking the spring I need to replace the buffer and get a stronger spring to counter act the over gassing. Any thoughts?

I cleaned everything well and took it out with factory match loads 130 grain and used my suppressor with the gas turned completely off and was still locking bolt back. I'm thinking the spring I need to replace the buffer and get a stronger spring to counter act the over gassing. Any thoughts?

If your gas was completely turned off, how is the BCG cycling? What gas block do you have? Is it the Noveske or something else?

If your gas was completely turned off, how is the BCG cycling? What gas block do you have? Is it the Noveske or something else?
I think it's a seekins, must of been cycling from the back pressure of the suppressor. That's why I think the buffer and spring may be way too weak.

Attachments

• 20190106_132856.jpg
    20190106_132856.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 233
I think it's a seekins, must of been cycling from the back pressure of the suppressor. That's why I think the buffer and spring may be way too weak.
Or maybe my gas block isn't functioning correctly. I am almost to the point if sending it to GA precision.

Hmm, not sure what brand gas block that is. GAP's website says they use the SLR Sentry 8, but that doesn't look like a Sentry 8. Nor does it look like Seekin's. Is the adjustment screw on the front or side? Maybe take it off the barrel and see if the adjustment screw is not closing all the way.

Here is one of mine. WOA 18” 1:8 barrel, geissele SSA-E trigger, BCM sourced receivers, ALG defense V3 rail, standard rifle buffer in a JP enterprises enhanced rifle spring, with a Vortex gen 1 Viper PST 2.5-10x32 in an AP mount.

Attachments

• 801A3522-C7F7-4C5B-AC9A-4641801299F9.jpeg
    801A3522-C7F7-4C5B-AC9A-4641801299F9.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 31D46A73-6CE7-4022-96DE-6EB420435978.jpeg
    31D46A73-6CE7-4022-96DE-6EB420435978.jpeg
    609.7 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: bfoosh006
A65E55A9-8897-4124-A9EE-8310BD40E928.jpeg

My old Gen 1 in .308. Shot tiny groups with fed fusion 180gr. I had a guy talk me out of it but regret selling it.

... I just bought a GAP-10 in FDE brand new from GA ...

How long did you have to wait from order date to pick up date?

What loads are people shooting in their GAP10s in 6mm Creedmoor. Looking for suggestions.

I’m shooting the hornady 108 gr match. I may start to reload for this, but haven’t decided yet.