• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

Hey fellas. What kind of velocities are you getting? Im running the copper creek 168 gr as well as a FGM 175s.
Also, I have some handloads of Varget 42.5 and 175SMKs. Just curious as I dont have a chrono yet. I can true it on my atrag and get something but I was jw. Thanks!

I'm getting 2650 w/ 44.5gr of Varget & a 175smk, my barrel is 21"

Last edited:
Hey fellas. What kind of velocities are you getting? Im running the copper creek 168 gr as well as a FGM 175s.
Also, I have some handloads of Varget 42.5 and 175SMKs. Just curious as I dont have a chrono yet. I can true it on my atrag and get something but I was jw. Thanks!

Here are some velocity for three different ammo brands from my 20" Gap-10 with surefire muzzle break. All velocities recorded by my Magneto Speed V3.

Copper Creek Gas Gun Load 175gr. Five shot avg. was: 2537
Federal FGMM 175gr. Five shot avg. was: 2584
Asym Precision 175gr. Five shot avg. was: 2644

Last edited:
Here is mine. It has a JP capture spring kit, brake, enhanced BCG, and adjustable gas block. Bolt rifle accurate.

I guess ours will be cousins. I just picked one up from a member here on the hide and have the jp silent buffer, brake, and bcg on the way as well. The gun is fde 6mm Creedmoor.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

looking at the recent FDE pics got me so freaking excited about my FDE rifle coming in in 2.5 months!

My new to me gap10 in 6mm Creedmoor. Has a Hensoldt ssg-p on top for the moment which is a really cool optic. Unfortunately it's not mine so it will go back to its owner after the optics I have all get back to me.

adeqarev.jpg

6enujuqu.jpg

Triad. Just search sniper skid plate. It more of a comfort to my hand deal but does keep the gun from sliding around as much when shooting off barricades or whatnot.

Little late to the party but.

Gap10 .308, 18inch. With Vortex Spitfire 1x zeroed at 300 yards. Ringing steel all day with it :)

photo+2.JPG

Just got the call that my GAP is ready.... Hoever, I am not ready to receive it as I am out of the country. arrgghhh!!!!

Just got the call that my GAP is ready.... Hoever, I am not ready to receive it as I am out of the country. arrgghhh!!!!

Shoot, I will kill to be in your shoes. I have another 7 months to go.

I know mine with a 23" barrel is perry heavy but it's well balanced. I'd say mine is around 14-15lbs with an optic on top but I'll get an exact weight later..

Just an FYI for anyone ordering one. Make sure it had an adjustable gas block. My 6mm Creedmoor was so overgassed it broke the bolt catch completely off. It also had the recoil of a dang bolt 300 win mag with a brake on it. Now with the pri adjustable gas block, jp silent captured buffer and low mass bcg it's such a smooth shooting gun with almost zero recoil and absolutely zero cycling issues.

GAP 10 18" .308
-SSA-E Trigger
-Noveske Switch-block
-Badger Thruster brake
-LaRue CTR/RISR Combo
-Ergo OBR AR10 Ambidextrous SureGrip from LaRue
- JP Silent Capture Spring
-Harris BRMS
-LaRue OSS Sling
-IWC QD End Plate (A must have to use the OSS)
-LaRue SPR 1.5 Mount
-Steiner Military 3-12x50 Optic

The rifle and scope where sent to GA Precision to be coated in FDE. Side note, you can have your dust cover coated FDE if you ask.

After 150 rounds for break-in/playing, we decided it was time to do some load development. This is what we got.
Lake City brass
178 AMAX
44.2 gr Varget
Wolf KVB7 Primer
OAL 2.190

We achieved a 3 shot group of 0.247 @ 100yds. Now it is time to load up more of that exact load and see if it keeps producing 1/4 MOA groups.

Last edited:
GAP 10 18" .308
-SSA-E Trigger
-Noveske Switch-block
-Badger Thruster brake
-LaRue CTR/RISR Combo
-Ergo OBR AR10 Ambidextrous SureGrip from LaRue
- JP Silent Capture Spring
-Harris BRMS
-LaRue OSS Sling
-IWC QD End Plate (A must have to use the OSS)
-LaRue SPR 1.5 Mount
-Steiner Military 3-12x50 Optic

The rifle and scope where sent to GA Precision to be coated in FDE. Side note, you can have your dust cover coated FDE if you ask.

After 150 rounds for break-in/playing, we decided it was time to do some load development. This is what we got.
Lake City brass
178 AMAX
44.2 gr Varget
Wolf KVB7 Primer
OAL 2.190

We achieved a 3 shot group of 0.247 @ 100yds. Now it is time to load up more of that exact load and see if it keeps producing 1/4 MOA groups.

Nice group!!!!

Was out at Sniper Country this weekend with Deliberate Dynamics and we were running a precision rifle course as well as a train up for SAC teams. Got a ton of trigger time and was really able to dial in the dope for my .308 18" GAP-10 running the Copper Creek 175 smk Gas Gun Loads. After confirming the zero on the 10" swinger at 1000 yards we started to toy with some longer ranges. I'm getting 2555 fps according to the magneto speed, temps were in the mid 80's to low 90's at 4600 feet and Sunday morning we had virtually dead calm wind so it seemed the right time to reach out a bit so after 3 hits at 1100 I took 4 shots at 1200 yards. The first shot was just over the left shoulder, the second shot was a hit though I'm not sure where as no one was on the spotting scope yet. Chris Wilson (half of the 2012 SAC winning team) heard the 1200 hit and jumped on the scope for shot 3, which missed left due to a slight wind gust and then called the hit on shot 4 which was dead nuts center, exactly was where I was holding. I was dialed 14.4 mils elevation.

Not so bad for a pokey little .308 gas gun.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Last edited:
Hey man getting ready to order mine- yours looks great. Is that patriot brown with fde barrel and furniture?

Just signed the papers today at the gun shop!! Anyone know if the lower part of the hand guard comes off? I really like the look of the original hand guard =(

IMG_1814.jpg

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

Just signed the papers today at the gun shop!! Anyone know if the lower part of the hand guard comes off? I really like the look of the original hand guard =(

View attachment 47919

Does anyone have an answer to this question? I, also, like the old hand guards. Mine will be done by the end of February. I might give GA a call and ask them to use the old one for mine.

Willcy, can you post pictures of the whole hand guards or rifle when you get the chance? This is the first time I heard GA using new hand guards and would like to see it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an answer to this question? I, also, like the old hand guards. Mine will be done by the end of February. I might give GA a call and ask them to use the old one for mine.

Willcy, can you post pictures of the whole hand guards or rifle when you get the chance? This is the first time I heard GA using new hand guards and would like to see it.

Jackripper, I'll take another photo when I get to pick up the gun. I just snapped a quick photo as I left. I get to pick up on 9/7/14. I hate this 10 day waiting period. I suppose I can give them a call later today as ask to see why they used this new hand guard... They should update the photo on their website! Hopefully it's just something that can be removed, but I doubt it... I knew it looked different when I saw it yesterday.

Pretty sure old hand guards are gone. George posted this a year ago. Basically exhausting that inventory then every one will be with updated guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure old hand guards are gone. George posted this a year ago. Basically exhausting that inventory then every one will be with updated guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I found that post, but the photos were no longer viewable. I was hoping for the original hand guard :/ still a badass rifle though!

Jackripper, I'll take another photo when I get to pick up the gun. I just snapped a quick photo as I left. I get to pick up on 9/7/14. I hate this 10 day waiting period. I suppose I can give them a call later today as ask to see why they used this new hand guard... They should update the photo on their website! Hopefully it's just something that can be removed, but I doubt it... I knew it looked different when I saw it yesterday.

When my GAP-10 was sitting at the FFL for 10 days, I took home the completed upper and the case.

The shop says they don't have room for all of that stuff, just the important parts with the serial numbers.

10 days later I walked out with a complete lower.

When my GAP-10 was sitting at the FFL for 10 days, I took home the completed upper and the case.

The shop says they don't have room for all of that stuff, just the important parts with the serial numbers.

10 days later I walked out with a complete lower.

Talked to GAP yesterday, was told they are halfway through October orders & waiting on some parts... should be any day now for me! :D

Yeah I found that post, but the photos were no longer viewable. I was hoping for the original hand guard :/ still a badass rifle though!

Ken@GA also told me that it was not possible to obtain the older hand guards.

I should have my second GAP-10 coming in a few more months. If anyone out there is open to swapping their older rifle length (14"), FDE cerakoted handguard for new version (also rifle length, FDE), please PM me. The new look doesn't bother me but I'd rather have two matching GAP-10s.

Ken@GA also told me that it was not possible to obtain the older hand guards.

I should have my second GAP-10 coming in a few more months. If anyone out there is open to swapping their older rifle length (14"), FDE cerakoted handguard for new version (also rifle length, FDE), please PM me. The new look doesn't bother me but I'd rather have two matching GAP-10s.

Thanks for the info! Dang #2? I'm already almost 6k into mine...

First day out with gap 10 308. First 5 shots group after zero in

Still 2 click low.

Attachments

• 20140829_121647.jpg
    20140829_121647.jpg
    843.6 KB · Views: 152
First day out with gap 10 308. First 5 shots group after zero in

Still 2 click low.

Very nice! I am getting mine soon.. Now I need to stock up on some ammo. Anyone know if American ballistics are okay to shoot in the gap10? American ballistics .308 175g hpbt

2nd day with GAP10. It is the stock single action trigger from gap.

Attachments

• 20140830_164330-1.jpg
    20140830_164330-1.jpg
    732.8 KB · Views: 130
How tight is the upper and lower fit? Mine is super uber tight that I have to apply a good amount of force to close and separate.

How tight is the upper and lower fit? Mine is super uber tight that I have to apply a good amount of force to close and separate.

Just pick mine up a couple of weeks ago. Upper and lower do have a super tight fit.