• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin AB watch

LE life saver

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2018
I saw a picture of the new Gamin watch equipped with AB. Does anyone have any info? Price point? Release date?

Are you asking about the Foretrex that has been out since 2017?

If there is a new one I'm interested to learn more as well.

No. He saw a picture of Todd Hodnett running AB on his Tactix Delta. It’s not publicly available as of yet.

1400 dollars!!!

wow.Not trying to be a dick but wow.

The Tactix Delta Solar by itself is $1200. The ballistics only adds $200 and it includes much more than just ballistics.

The battery and solar system are pretty advanced and not cheap. Mine has been getting 30 days between charges, that wasn't easy to accomplish. You get all of the 6th+ gen features and more. This time around it will have multiple companion apps. One for Gun Management which means real time library updates. One for the IQ store, and then the Connect app. It works with the XERO Sight for archery. It works with the BDX 2.0 stuff for crossbows. It works with BDX for standard ballistics. It acts as an External AB Elite device for things like the 3000 BDX. It works with the Bushnell Nitro 1800, Terrapin-X, and some other devices which should be out by SHOT Show. I think we might see between 2 and 4 new devices it integrates with depending on how development goes.

Plus some things that aren't released yet we are still testing, so it has plenty more coming.

The Tactix Delta Solar by itself is $1200. The ballistics only adds $200 and it includes much more than just ballistics.

The battery and solar system are pretty advanced and not cheap. Mine has been getting 30 days between charges, that wasn't easy to accomplish. You get all of the 6th+ gen features and more. This time around it will have multiple companion apps. One for Gun Management which means real time library updates. One for the IQ store, and then the Connect app. It works with the XERO Sight for archery. It works with the BDX 2.0 stuff for crossbows. It works with BDX for standard ballistics. It acts as an External AB Elite device for things like the 3000 BDX. It works with the Bushnell Nitro 1800, Terrapin-X, and some other devices which should be out by SHOT Show. I think we might see between 2 and 4 new devices it integrates with depending on how development goes.

Plus some things that aren't released yet we are still testing, so it has plenty more coming.
I tried selecting solar and no AB, the garmin website did not allow it. Also would have been nice to know this was being developed as a whole new watch before I bought the delta. That’s on garmin not you. Not holding AB accountable for garmins marketing. But something from AB that said if u r considering a delta wait a bit we have something big happening would have been cool

edited to add....revisited the website I was able to select solar yes AB no but not sold no and AB yes.
The no AB version is 1099.
So I guess it’s safe to say I can’t get AB on my delta I already have via firmware change?

Last edited:
I think it's pretty sweet, but... it would need to connect to the Leica. Any plans for that?

How quick can it connect, and does it stay connected?

If you aren't using a connected range finder, how quick can you nav the menu to get a solution? Thinking about a hunting solution to help consolidate.

Shut up and take my money. That’s really cool.

I tried selecting solar and no AB, the garmin website did not allow it. Also would have been nice to know this was being developed as a whole new watch before I bought the delta. That’s on garmin not you. Not holding AB accountable for garmins marketing. But something from AB that said if u r considering a delta wait a bit we have something big happening would have been cool

edited to add....revisited the website I was able to select solar yes AB no but not sold no and AB yes.
The no AB version is 1099.
So I guess it’s safe to say I can’t get AB on my delta I already have via firmware change?

Correct, its a hardware addition. I wouldn't want the device without solar. Some people have gone 54 days between charging. I am set to go about 38-40 days at my current rate.

I think it's pretty sweet, but... it would need to connect to the Leica. Any plans for that?

How quick can it connect, and does it stay connected?

If you aren't using a connected range finder, how quick can you nav the menu to get a solution? Thinking about a hunting solution to help consolidate.

Currently no plans to connect to the Leica as it isn't in the AB Ecosystem.

Mine connects up near instantly. Less than 2 seconds on average. Its lighting fast at connecting up. About 10x faster than a 5700X.

It has multi target and a range card so you can preset things or known distances. Say your feeder, fence line 1, small pond, trail 1, etc.

Also the Companion App that manages gun profiles, has AB Connect and live library updates, initially this will be for profiles only. But we are looking into possibilities for managing targets too.

Mine connects up near instantly. Less than 2 seconds on average. Its lighting fast at connecting up. About 10x faster than a 5700X.

It has multi target and a range card so you can preset things or known distances. Say your feeder, fence line 1, small pond, trail 1, etc.

Also the Companion App that manages gun profiles, has AB Connect and live library updates, initially this will be for profiles only. But we are looking into possibilities for managing targets too.

That's actually really good news.

Only limitation for me would be what's the total number of predefined range cards for both distance and angle? My targets (elk) aren't static and are rarely on flat ground :D

In terms of pulling atmospheric data, what additional wigits are required if any? Assuming for temp, it would require pulling the watch of the wrist to allow it to normalize with environmental data?

That's actually really good news.

Only limitation for me would be what's the total number of predefined range cards for both distance and angle? My targets (elk) aren't static and are rarely on flat ground :D You get a range card with customizable increments down to 1 yard, and you get 10 pre-defined targets. Plus you can always just laser it live.

In terms of pulling atmospheric data, what additional wigits are required if any? Assuming for temp, it would require pulling the watch of the wrist to allow it to normalize with environmental data? Nothing additional is required, however it is highly recommended you get a tempe sensor as they are far more accurate than a watch on your wrist... in your jacket etc. The other sensors are all highly accurate from the wrist, just the human body tends to skew temp readings on watchs...

Answered in red.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Sounds pretty sweet. Any chance we can get a video walkthrough of the AB features?

I am actually working on one right now, but it is going to be post-launch after we get a couple more features worked in. It won't be a true walk through, as it would take 5 hours to go over every feature but it should be around 20 mins of good stuff.

Will this connect with the newer version Vectronix 25C BLE X2? Since it's able to connect to the Kestrel and Garmin (guessing the Foretrex 701 so good to go) now?

This is something I would definitely buy.

You mentioned Bushnell. Will it connect to the older 1mileCONX like the Kestrel Elite with AB?

Reactions: lennyo3034
oh i like that ... my bank account doesnt like money anyway ......

Reactions: Nik H
This makes me think the 701 is going to be abandoned.

Already there is going to be a companion app for the AB Delta and not the 701(or not planned). At least that’s what I read on Facebook.

the 701 has more screen space and yet they AB Delta fits just as much info with less space which seems dumb in respect to the 701. For example, a secondary display page only allows for four outputs when six outputs could easily fit. Also it only allows for two additional pages when we should be able to have more data display pages.

i feel a tad jealous considering the 701 has been in the wild much much longer and already the AB Delta is going to surpass it in respect to ballistic features.

Reactions: LastShot300
Would be nice if the device would allow more mixed units, IE fps vel, range in meters
etc. Most things are one or the other. $2000 AUD is a significant investment in a device,
I hope hardware like this doesn’t succumb to smartphone like upgrade cycles.

Would be nice if the device would allow more mixed units, IE fps vel, range in meters
etc. Most things are one or the other. $2000 AUD is a significant investment in a device,
I hope hardware like this doesn’t succumb to smartphone like upgrade cycles.
That is a fear I have also. Not so much upgrade cycles as how many cycles before they decide to stop supporting this hardware platform. Apple at least continues iOS support for legacy products for a long time. I never really looked at what Garmin does

Last edited:
Reactions: LastShot300
Will this support the link function and integrate with the AB software on our phones?

Already there is going to be a companion app for the AB Delta and not the 701(or not planned). At least that’s what I read on Facebook.

the 701 has more screen space and yet they AB Delta fits just as much info with less space which seems dumb in respect to the 701. For example, a secondary display page only allows for four outputs when six outputs could easily fit. Also it only allows for two additional pages when we should be able to have more data display pages.

i feel a tad jealous considering the 701 has been in the wild much much longer and already the AB Delta is going to surpass it in respect to ballistic features.
The 701 isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: plamia2
Does it work with Terrapin X?
Thanks in advance.

Yes.

Things that had to be considered are low light visibility, and that not everyone has 20/20 vision when it comes to how the displays look.

Also the 701 isn't going anywhere. It serves a purpose and this device is simply another form factor that users can choose from. The 701 will be around for years to come.

That is a fear I have also. Not so much upgrade cycles as how many cycles before they decide to stop supporting this hardware platform. Apple at least continues iOS support for legacy products for a long time. I never really looked at what Garmin does

Garmin has a massive support team, and over 4000 engineers in one facility. They do an excellent job of continuing product support.

Will this support the link function and integrate with the AB software on our phones?

"LiNK" is a Kestrel feature name. Garmin uses Bluetooth and ANT Protocol to support both phone use and a massive number of accessories.

Reactions: Batemanb12
As much of a gear whore as I am, I'm sorry to inform you that you're too late, I've spent my 2020 money already. 😂

Honestly, after just having taken Frank's Mile High class I'm finding it difficult to justify electronics over paper and actual dope. But man, this is cool.

WTF!
I just bought my 701 2 months ago. I haven't even had the chance to get friendly with it yet.

Video didn't help, it's probably best to just send me the watch. Then I'll be able to answer my own questions, saving you the time and effort (I'm good like that).

Video didn't help, it's probably best to just send me the watch. Then I'll be able to answer my own questions, saving you the time and effort (I'm good like that).

Here you go: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/733535 If you just input all the information correctly and select the number you want sent to you for evaluation and don't miss any important boxes.

Hardware limitation of the device means it will not be able to utilize the app. Apologies.

Whether it is useful or not is irrelevant.
This quote has declared that it is now obsolete by definition, because of the acknowledgement that the hardware has reached its limits.
The part that really sucks is its shortcomings were obvious right out of the box. Its form, function and accuracy reminded me of the GPS-III that I owned 25 years ago. I was disappointed by the notion the unit wasn't up to the task of unleashing the AB software's potential to begin with. I mean what"s the point of having to manually input into AB, the ACURATE variables the Garmin is supposed to be doing on its own to begin with?
That's why it sits in the box.
Like I said.
WTF

Just a side note,
I have navigation hardware that I used for paragliding and as back up for soaring manufacture by a company called Naviter.
Its ability to gather data on temp, pressure, altitude, location, heading and more put the Garmin to shame, in both accuracy and latency.
Included in that is a full color touch screen to accommodate some pretty intense navigation software. Topo maps, earth view maps, aviation charts and more are included. Not to mention the scalability that's built in.
All that and more designed and produced for a market much smaller than this one.
At the price of $900.00
Like I said,
WTF!!

Last edited:
Reactions: r3plicator
Whether it is useful or not is irrelevant.
This quote has declared that it is now obsolete by definition, because of the acknowledgement that the hardware has reached its limits.
The part that really sucks is its shortcomings were obvious right out of the box. Its form, function and accuracy reminded me of the GPS-III that I owned 25 years ago. I was disappointed by the notion the unit wasn't up to the task of unleashing the AB software's potential to begin with. I mean what"s the point of having to manually input into AB, the ACURATE variables the Garmin is supposed to be doing on its own to begin with?
That's why it sits in the box.
Like I said.
WTF

When connected to a Tempe and a compatible LRF it should not require manually inputting the information. An update was put out not long ago that should update the bullet library onboard, giving the user access to to the full library. This update is performed through Garmin Connect on a phone or via a computer. Future options are also being explored and analyzed to improve upon its capability and connectivity. I was only speaking as of currently and apologize. No telling what future firmware updates may hold.

Watched the video...looks pretty nice. I assume that since it cannot connect to the Kestrel, wind data must be entered manually from your Kestrel? Is that a good assumption?