• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Foretrex keeps reverting to Mils from MOA

Orch13

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2017
Any other Foretrex 701 users out there?

I just got mine a couple days ago, got it used, but is like new...

Anyways I’ve been playing around with it loading up all my rifle profiles and checking its results vrs known dope and everything seems to line up.
One bug I keep running into is on the target screen/hud it keeps randomly reverting to Mils from moa on some of my rifle profiles that are set up for moa scopes... if I go to the range card and target card my dope still shows up as moa and in the profile it still shows moa is selected for output units... I’ve tried changing the selected output to Mils, inches, and moa and back again but it will still only show Mils in the target hud...
It seems to do it after using it with my sig3000 binos get the range...
The only way I can get it back to outputting moa is by shutting the Foretrex off and restarting it

Have also noticed that when I’m editing profiles the selected output will revert to the same selection as the previous selected profile and doesn’t seem to want to save outputs properly...

I checked the software version loaded on it and it appears to be the latest firmware... v3.7

Any help would be awsome

Orch