• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Tactix Delta With Applied Ballistics

It is certainly a very cool watch.
If it wasn't so stinkin huge, I'd still have mine.
I got a Fenix 6S instead and it's at the upper limits of size for me.

I’m liking mine as well. I like how the rite of passage comes when you need to set the twist rate down to 7 for 5.56... I’m pretty sure they didn’t need to have twist rate set two places to the right of the decimal. But once your profile is set your done with that. The Tempe sensor is still a little clunky for me as far as feeding info in. The watch reads it but not on the AB side. Are y’all getting your Tempe to update the temp live in AB?

Are y’all getting your Tempe to update the temp live in AB

Yes. The Applied Ballistic app should be running in front and you have to wait a little bit (maybe a minute or so) until the watch connects to the Tempe and updates. Afterwards, it will reconnect if the app is running. If not, it will automatically disconnect from the Tempe, in order to save battery life. This is my understanding...

Mine finally shipped. Should have it Monday to mess with and a match on the 20th to see how it does.

Mine finally shipped. Should have it Monday to mess with and a match on the 20th to see how it does.

If you don’t mind saying, where did you find one? I’ve been waiting for Garmin to get them back in stock for over a month!

If you don’t mind saying, where did you find one? I’ve been waiting for Garmin to get them back in stock for over a month!

Miyar Adventures and Outfitters. They had a sale on them for $1200.

I think they may have some in stock now. But for retail.

The ab ballistic with this watch really works? What group it possible to shot?

Giving you your elevation and windage. Your group size doesn’t change based on that. I’m not sure you have a good grasp on what software does and doesn’t do?
This watch dont measure wind! It was give you your scoop click? Or what?

Im idiot? Has the software doesent calculate for you how much need sight left and up?

Just got mine. I’m pretty happy with it so far. Need to get the Tempe and Terrapin hooked up to it.

Haven’t made up my mind if this will be my backup or the kestrel is my backup data. As I don’t use the wind meter part of the kestrel often. Will know more in the next few weeks and with a match or two with it.

Easy guys. I don't think English is KevinP's first language.

Just got mine. Paired with the tempe and the BDX 3000 and my phone super easy. I'm hoping to use it for orientation during hunting- I found a map in there but I can tell it's going to take some practice. Kevin es un troll.

I’m not sure the language barrier is the issue. He specifically asked about group size. I don’t think that’s lost in translation.

Anyone have problems pairing their tactix delta to to Garmin connect and express. Mine won’t pair with either. Garmin was sending me a new on then changed their minds saying it was a major problem across all the ballistics models. I have an iPhone.

Anyone have problems pairing their tactix delta to to Garmin connect and express. Mine won’t pair with either. Garmin was sending me a new on then changed their minds saying it was a major problem across all the ballistics models. I have an iPhone.

No, mine works fine. Not sure I can be much help beyond that. I assume you've tried all the usual things, e.g.,

• Making sure all the software is up to date (iPhone, Watch, Garmin, etc.)
  • Clean restart/reboot
  • I think it also helps to clear out any old devices on your phone by forgetting them
  • Removing any interference from other Blue Tooth devices, headphones, laptops, etc. while pairing
Can you Sync the watch manually with Garmin Express by plugging it in?

No, mine works fine. Not sure I can be much help beyond that. I assume you've tried all the usual things, e.g.,

• Making sure all the software is up to date (iPhone, Watch, Garmin, etc.)
  • Clean restart/reboot
  • I think it also helps to clear out any old devices on your phone by forgetting them
  • Removing any interference from other Blue Tooth devices, headphones, laptops, etc. while pairing
Can you Sync the watch manually with Garmin Express by plugging it in?
No express won’t recognize it either. Garmin tried to blame everything I had, computer, wifi etc. I did everything. Tried windows Apple, wired internet. Then they were going to replace it then 2 hours later discovered this is a “majore issue on the software side and should be resolved In Two days”. Been a week now with no word.

No express won’t recognize it either. Garmin tried to blame everything I had, computer, wifi etc. I did everything. Tried windows Apple, wired internet. Then they were going to replace it then 2 hours later discovered this is a “majore issue on the software side and should be resolved In Two days”. Been a week now with no word.

That sucks, as you know they are not cheap! Hopefully it is what they say and will roll out a fix. Sounds like you've tried everything.

That sucks, as you know they are not cheap! Hopefully it is what they say and will roll out a fix. Sounds like you've tried everything.
Yeah it’s pretty frustrating. On separate note has anyone been able to get a Leica 2800.com to transmit the range to the delta?

I’m having a hell of a time getting the drop chart to show the correct values. Any tips or tricks on something I may be missing? Have tried two different profiles with no success.

Mine has done something like that twice. Each time I found the velocity was changed to something like 250 fps.

Found it. The zero height is opposite of what I would think it should be. I sit everything 2 inches high at 100. That equates to -2.0 on the watch. Only took 2 hours to figure that out. 🙄

Reactions: Rooster22
Found it. The zero height is opposite of what I would think it should be. I sit everything 2 inches high at 100. That equates to -2.0 on the watch. Only took 2 hours to figure that out. 🙄

Stop doing that. Zero at 100 and be done with it. Then you can dial to wherever you want and not worry about anything.

Another hiccup I found, again probably due to a mess up on my part, my ftlb of energy is off. Using statute and 245 grains at 3088fps I’m getting a wrong calculation. Anyone have an idea?

Another hiccup I found, again probably due to a mess up on my part, my ftlb of energy is off. Using statute and 245 grains at 3088fps I’m getting a wrong calculation. Anyone have an idea?
Does it matter? Or is this for a hunting application? And again does it matter cause at ethical ranges the energy should be there to put an animal down

I just like things to be accurate you know? Yes this particular round is a hunting setup. I don’t chamber my match rifle in $5 bills.

Reactions: Rooster22
I just like things to be accurate you know? Yes this particular round is a hunting setup. I don’t chamber my match rifle in $5 bills.
It’s probably a rounding error in the code. Some devices round up some round down some go to the thousandths some go to the tenths. If it’s within a small margin I wouldn’t let the ocd get the best of ya.

ive been there. I’m Type A+, analysis paralysis kills me half the time. I’ve learned to let some small stuff go.

If it were a rounding error I wouldn’t really care. It’s ~30% difference between actual and what the watch is reading. That’s why I’m wondering if I have something input wrong. Or a software bug.

5187-5188ftlb is the correct amount at muzzle and the watch is showing 3542 at 100yds, actual calc is 4804 at 100yds.

Garmin finally got me squared away with a fully functioning watch. As someone
New to applied ballistics anyone know a good resource to explain all the variables you can put in?
Go to their website and review the manual for AB mobile. It’s really no different from that or a kestrel only how you input is differnt