• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gas prices in my country sucks

kaspermj

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2009
Denmark
Well. The price on gas just went above 8,8$ per gallon. I am starting to get pissed off living in this country.
This combined with a government that thinks putting extra taxes on food that contains fat or sugar is a good idea, makes you want to scream.
I am seriously considering going of the grid and moving to my own private island.

Re: Gas prices in my country sucks

We'll be at $5/gal here by the end of the month.

Send directions to your island, a lot of us will move there too.

I'm hopping for 10-20 buck per gallon here myself. Then maybe, we as a nation will quit taking it dry in the ass, and change direction. Sending that amount of wealth overseas to or enemy's, is criminal at the very least.

How far can you shoot on your island?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How far can you shoot on your island?
wink.gif
</div></div> that is a great question. Always looking for that great shooting range with lots of distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How far can you shoot on your island?
wink.gif
</div></div>

All the way out to the first boat that tries to get near me, without being authorized by my smoke signal
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaspermj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well. The price on gas just went above 8,8$ per gallon. I am starting to get pissed off living in this country.
This combined with a government that thinks putting extra taxes on food that contains fat or sugar is a good idea, makes you want to scream.
I am seriously considering going of the grid and moving to my own private island. </div></div>

Ive heard about that. Isnt Denmark a large exporter of oil? I seem to remember 3rd largest or ther abouts ... all that north sea crude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm hopping for 10-20 buck per gallon here myself. Then maybe, we as a nation will quit taking it dry in the ass, and change direction. Sending that amount of wealth overseas to or enemy's, is criminal at the very least.
</div></div>

Agreed.

Are you aware that the US is the largest importer of oil, while simultaneously exporting more oil last year (2011) than any other good? (see USA Today article ). Our high prices for gasoline are caused in part because we sell our native oil to other nations willing to pay an even higher price. Our pain is self-chosen, both in consumption and in business practices. I'd rather pay more at the pump and know that the cash is staying in American hands than propping up Venezuela's Chavez (see oil import data ). I don't mind tossing cash the Canucks' way, but I'd still rather keep that cash in American pockets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm hopping for 10-20 buck per gallon here myself. Then maybe, we as a nation will quit taking it dry in the ass, and change direction. Sending that amount of wealth overseas to or enemy's, is criminal at the very least.
</div></div>

Amen!

And weed out alot of these bullshit speculators and manipulators.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jmilera</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you serious 5 dollars? </div></div>

Yep, I work for one of the biggest oil companies in the world and that's the talk going around in the hallways and will be reflected in next months gas contracts at your local stations. Diesel will be first followed quickly by gasoline at $5 in California and the rest of the country will follow pretty quickly thereafter only further rising over the course of the summer. Significant drivers of this jump are Iran and the lack of a Keystone pipeline (we have a toxic energy policy). Gas prices today are up 94% from what they were in 2009. If Iran backs down a little bit you'll see the contract prices for next month go down as well but either way we're going to see $5+/gal in the next few months.

We are paying about $1.50 a litre at the moment down here, so that works out to be about $6.75 a gallon.

So you need to own your own bank if you want to run a big V8 in Oz
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opbigdave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gas prices in my country suck. </div></div>
ZACTLY!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ive heard about that. Isnt Denmark a large exporter of oil? I seem to remember 3rd largest or ther abouts ... all that north sea crude.
</div></div>

That's Norway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

That's Norway. </div></div>

True. Denmark gave up its rights to those oilfield in 1963 to Norway. A lot of retards had a say in it, but generally a well known Secretary of State who was mostly known for being a drunk is blamed for it.
Unofficially known as the most expensive drunken mistake in danish history
grin.gif

Well where Im at in CA is $4.15 last i saw, which was on the way to work tonight, wouldn't surprise me if it jumped another $.20. I'll find out when I head home. Time for me to get a Harley.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just spent $93 to fill up my diesel truck...$3.85/gal</div></div>

I get to experience that here in a couple days, although mines going to be regular gas. I love my truck, but hate spending 100 a week or so in gas just going to and from work, i could only imagine how it would be if I had a real commute to work.