• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gasoline Price Increase

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    Is anyone else seeing about a 10 cent/gal increase? That makes about a 25 cent increase since Christmas in my area.

Reactions: gunman_7
    Will be jacked sky high to limit the travel of people trying to avoid the gestapo and gulags

Reactions: adubeau
    OPEC crude output cuts should help U.S. shale profits in 2021

Hobo

Not much change here in Virginia, maybe up a nickel.

Get ready for a lot more of it, which means it's all going up and not the least of which is inflation. Better have your money in something that will ride with it. Gold-silver-stocks-bitcoin basket is a good way

Reactions: acudaowner
    I figure about 6 months for Joe to shut down all production in U.S. and gas will be $6 + dollars a gallon.

Reactions: acudaowner
    Is anyone else seeing about a 10 cent/gal increase? That makes about a 25 cent increase since Christmas in my area.
    Just noticed this three days ago. But didn’t venture out last week during week. Up about 30 cents I think.

Around $2.15 reg south of Atlanta.

Same in Northern states. Up about 20cents since Christmas, and non-oxy is up even more than that with what I figure is the heavy demand, as non-oxy gas lasts a lot longer when stored.

6 dollars, you are dreaming. It will be selling on gun broker for 100 a quart....

Doc
    I'm trying to be conservative with the 6$
    I can't imagine what it would be if they pass the green new disaster.

I think it was early Dec I paid $2.19 for diesel and now it's $2.35. I don't notice prices much as except for recently (due to doctors appoinments) I was only fueling up about every 5 months. It takes a long time to burn through a 40 gal tank when you only drive 25 miles a week.

I just fill my tank, don’t really pay attention to the price of premium.

Worse case I just figure a way to make more money, lifestyle doesn’t change.

Knew this was coming when I learned that China bought up all of the surplus oil last year 💩

Oil’s going up! Good news for my part of the world.
    You in O&G country? The bargain bin shopping of midstream panic selling last summer has been paying off the last month.

Saudis lost the oil trade war and hiked the prices they are also cutting the output as are some of the other OPEC members.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    You in O&G country? The bargain bin shopping of midstream panic selling last summer has been paying off the last month.

Same here. Im happy to see prices climb for once in years. When the Auto workers were at risk of layoffs the country came together with bailouts cause the auto industry was (Too big to fail) but hundreds of thousands of workers get layed off and nobody even knows about it.

For instance a quick google search and this pops up.

Between march and august alone over 100k layoffs occured in the U.S.

Reactions: Mwalex
    Thankfully oil is up to $52/bbl. Hoping we will see 60 this year, but a lot of the big players in Colorado including the one I work for, are starting to drill new wells and complete wells that were drilled before the bust last year. Gas prices have stayed pretty consistent in my area of Colorado, between 2.09- 2.39 depending on county and if it’s a gas station off the interstate.

Reactions: JbBooks and Mwalex
    Yeah diesel in NC is around 2.40 now, up from 2.15-2.20 ish a month or so ago.

I know guys still getting 8-9 figure backing to start up new oil companies...provided they avoid asset purchases involving federal land and their business model is focused on maintaining/optimizing production and cash flow rather than frenzied drilling/completions and flipping the company.

No matter how much they want to, they can't ban oil & gas production in the US unilaterally, not on any rapid timeline, would require coordination with the states. And yes, while production decline is a thing, they aren't going to suddenly make everyone P&A every well on federal land, but I do see a federal leasing ban coming. Operators would still be able to drill & complete on existing leases at some degree.

Most likely if there's any fucking sense remaining (which is questionable), they will probably pick away at it by going after fresh water usage, emissions limits, etc. before they just give a blanket "fuck you" to the entire industry in an already crushed economy.

But what do I know.

I haven't bought gasoline since parking the Camaro away for the winter (or what currently passes for winter), so I haven't really noticed. But it's tough to get too worked up about inconsequential noise such as daily swings in fuel prices; any general conservation about energy prices that starts with the phrase "in the last few weeks..." is unlikely to be worthy of any attention unless something really interesting is going down (and after the past year, we've set the bar rather high for "interesting"). Generally speaking, if prices are too low to be profitable, they will increase.

The various industries in which I make a living (all transportation-related) would certainly benefit from low prices, but more than anything, they need stable prices. This whipsaw oscillation completely messes up the capital allocation process from the end user all the way through the supply chain, and that's wasteful. An educated guess says that the same thing is true on the production and refining side.

But we ain't gonna get stable prices at any point in the foreseeable future. We'll see how the capital misallocations play out; hopefully no one gets hurt too badly.

Illinois just added on 11 cents per gallon tax, I was told this morning our lame duck session is try to tack on another 64 cents.
    Missouri sounding like an option, dont worry I'm escaping the politics would not be bringing them with me.

Over 3 bucks here in NorCal...
    What's funny is that while we were still living in CA and splitting our time between there and AZ, when I would mention that gas cost less in AZ pretty much everyone was surprised to hear that. They thought everywhere in the Country was paying $3+ a gallon like in CA.

I know guys still getting 8-9 figure backing to start up new oil companies...provided they avoid asset purchases involving federal land and their business model is focused on maintaining/optimizing production and cash flow rather than frenzied drilling/completions and flipping the company.

No matter how much they want to, they can't ban oil & gas production in the US unilaterally, not on any rapid timeline, would require coordination with the states. And yes, while production decline is a thing, they aren't going to suddenly make everyone P&A every well on federal land,but I do see a federal leasing ban coming. Operators would still be able to drill & complete on existing leases at some degree.

Most likely if there's any fucking sense remaining (which is questionable), they will probably pick away at it by going after fresh water usage, emissions limits, etc. before they just give a blanket "fuck you" to the entire industry in an already crushed economy.

But what do I know.
    That's why oil companies applied for and were granted thousands of permits in the waning days of Trump's Presidency. Permits that will last them quite a while.

What's funny is that while we were still living in CA and splitting our time between there and AZ, when I would mention that gas cost less in AZ pretty much everyone was surprised to hear that. They thought everywhere in the Country was paying $3+ a gallon like in CA.
    Yeah, only place I've lived personally that was more was Hawaii.

Luckily all my cars require either premium or diesel....
    8AB5BE1A-A570-4262-9AB4-1ECFD2C67BA7.jpeg

C450CBDD-B267-421F-BE5E-67CD7DC0E929.jpeg

CA79D091-C05E-4C0E-8D6C-7A6F91D80799.jpeg

Yeah, only place I've lived personally that was more was Hawaii.
    CA politicians REALLY dodged a bullet a few years ago. The Carbon Tax they had voted for and which was going to add close to a dollar a gallon just happened to take effect right as gas prices nationally took a nose dive. So while everyone else saw their prices drop, in CA they basically stayed the same. So consumers thought the Tax had zero affect on pricing. Absent that lucky drop and had prices gone over $4 a gallon there would have been lynchings in Sacramento.

Oh I'm very aware of that BS tax, I'm just stuck in Cali until my kids are grown.... lol such is life!