• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gear for 2-gun fun run

The run&gun community needs some organization. Maybe I'm a retard (ok, not mutually exclusive) but it is harder to find run n gun events than any other shooting event. WinscoreOnline and Iclays aggregate the shotgun shooting events. Practiscore aggregates IDPA/IPSC/USPSA/PRS/NRL/2gun/3gun/etc. But, where is the Run&Gun match aggregation site? It seems like you need to know about the match- a priori- to find the match.

Reactions: stefan73
The run&gun community needs some organization. Maybe I'm a retard (ok, not mutually exclusive) but it is harder to find run n gun events than any other shooting event. WinscoreOnline and Iclays aggregate the shotgun shooting events. Practiscore aggregates IDPA/IPSC/USPSA/PRS/NRL/2gun/3gun/etc. But, where is the Run&Gun match aggregation site? It seems like you need to know about the match- a priori- to find the match.

Procrastination was my problem. Just taking that first step into the unknown.
I just kept forgetting to check in with my scheduling assistant (wife) to make sure we didn’t have anything going on that weekend.

• Haha
Facebook has a run and gun page. Also practicescore has matches. I just saw one in Kentucky that looks interesting.

These look interesting, should be a fun departure from my usual 2GACM fare. Will probably feel weird not shooting a match in armor though. Might see about doing it in the same kit just to see if I can even finish or I tap out from the physical endurance requirement.

These look interesting, should be a fun departure from my usual 2GACM fare. Will probably feel weird not shooting a match in armor though. Might see about doing it in the same kit just to see if I can even finish or I tap out from the physical endurance requirement.

Some of the matches have categories where you have to wear armor or a certain amount of weight. I did one a couple years ago in full kit

You can absolutely compete in just about anything that allows you to carry, manipulate, and fire your firearms safely. I’ve seen a bunch of guys running in armor. And, I don’t mean “I’m shuffling my feet, but this is a run n gun, so technically any forward progress is ‘running.’” I mean, damned near sprinting from stage to stage. There are guys into this sport every bit as much as USPSA, 3 gun, or PRS.

Some of the matches have categories where you have to wear armor or a certain amount of weight. I did one a couple years ago in full kit
Yeah, my rifle of choice (MDRX) puts me in armored +P or open for 2GACM, so I usually go armored for the giggles and extra calories burned, plus it's more interesting running comps where you have to retain everything on your person the whole match
You can absolutely compete in just about anything that allows you to carry, manipulate, and fire your firearms safely. I’ve seen a bunch of guys running in armor. And, I don’t mean “I’m shuffling my feet, but this is a run n gun, so technically any forward progress is ‘running.’” I mean, damned near sprinting from stage to stage. There are guys into this sport every bit as much as USPSA, 3 gun, or PRS.
oh yeah, its more a question if I'll make it to the finish as a personal factor, I'm not completely useless, but I'm not crazy fit either, plus old injuries don't help.

My gear that I used Viking Tactics belt, Safariland GLS holster for my Accu Shadow 2 a dump pouch, pistol and rifle mag holder, microfiber rag, stop watch (RO's recorded arrival times and departure time and execution times for you at this match). I also ran a aquamira bag that has a water bladder that you can presurize which was nice since you weren't trying to suck water, it was like having the garden hose on your back. I used a tab gear sling which was nice and allowed me to anchor in from the standing and get a nice solid position. View attachment 8155720View attachment 8155721
Stefan who suspenders are you using?

I didn't use suspenders. I had a camel back type backpack with my spare ammunition, mags and some little emergency stuff and my belt.

Reactions: Balor