• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Mid Range Gas Gun for the low price of $6,500

AustinP69

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2018

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 8.36.46 AM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 8.36.46 AM.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,071
Does anyone remember the $ ==> flips conversion? Isn’t Geissele based in PA, along with Flippy himself?

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and BCP
This rifle has been selected - not a rumor anymore

MK1 MOD0

Its an active contract now so wonder when it will ever hit the public. More so than that im getting tired of waiting for their 6ARC - may end up building my own

Reactions: tex68w

MK1 MOD0

Its an active contract now so wonder when it will ever hit the public. More so than that im getting tired of waiting for their 6ARC - may end up building my own

Ditto.

$6500 and the chamber is likely cut with a chink-made drill bit, then finished with a wad of steel wool on a wood dowel… just like the piece of shit “super duty” they sold me.

• Haha
Reactions: Im2bent and FuhQ
Does anyone remember the $ ==> flips conversion? Isn’t Geissele based in PA, along with Flippy himself?
Well, they both try to sell grossly overpriced shit that only a niche group of LARPers buy, and Bill obviously enjoys fucking people in the ass with his prices, and Flippo is getting fucked in the ass right now in prison... So, never know? 🤷🏼

Bill calling his company the "Rolex of the firearms industry" pretty much says it all...

This is a great comparison considering that the accuracy of the few Geissele rifles I’ve owned and the timekeeping of the Rolex’s I’ve owned have all been pretty disappointing.

IMO the best products Geissele had were their triggers and charging handles but now there’s stuff out there that’s better and often costs less. I sold every Geissele trigger I owned after I bought a Larue trigger on a whim and used it for a while. They’re crisper out of the box and don’t start developing creep after 500 rounds or so.

This is a great comparison considering that the accuracy of the few Geissele rifles I’ve owned and the timekeeping of the Rolex’s I’ve owned have all been pretty disappointing.

IMO the best products Geissele had were their triggers and charging handles but now there’s stuff out there that’s better and often costs less. I sold every Geissele trigger I owned after I bought a Larue trigger on a whim and used it for a while. They’re crisper out of the box and don’t start developing creep after 500 rounds or so.

I agree with everything you've said, but no matter how good Larue's much cheaper trigger might be I refuse to own a single thing from that fool north of Austin. I have no need for anymore G triggers but I won't be unloading them either.

Reactions: GhostFace
I agree with everything you've said, but no matter how good Larue's much cheaper trigger might be I refuse to own a single thing from that fool north of Austin. I have no need for anymore G triggers but I won't be unloading them either.

They both pretty much roll out of the bag together in that regard. What G did with the Black Friday sale a few years back basically pre selling a bunch of shit they didn’t actually have and then lying to customers and stringing them along is at least as douchey as L’s infamous shot show episode and his barfcum banter. Their wannabe Steve Jobs social media rollouts are about equal to L’s internet presence and the fanboys of both are gayer than aids. G is a hell of a salesman and L’s stuff sells itself.

The difference for me is that L makes better shit and I’ve yet to get fucked by him. G fucked me on that Black Friday sale because I bought a lot of parts as Christmas gifts for family and friends that were advertised would be delivered in the time frame and shit didn’t start showing up until the following summer in like 5 different shipments for one order because it was so fucked.

MK1 MOD0

They were at the NRA show in Houston in 2021. When I was at their booth, they had the 6ARC rifle on display and said it should be available to purchase by year end at a price of around $3,500.

They were at the NRA show in Houston in 2021. When I was at their booth, they had the 6ARC rifle on display and said it should be available to purchase by year end at a price of around $3,500.

You can have craddock or CLE build you a whole fucking rifle with a cut rifled barrel and any top shelf receiver set you want and have $1500 left over for a decent optic. Even 30-40% off on their sales that rifle would be overpriced by a grand. What kind of retards are buying this shit?

Reactions: GhostFace
You can have craddock or CLE build you a whole fucking rifle with a cut rifled barrel and any top shelf receiver set you want and have $1500 left over for a decent optic. Even 30-40% off on their sales that rifle would be overpriced by a grand. What kind of retards are buying this shit?
There are some alleged design improvements to their 6 ARC product, but no rifles have materialized for commercial sale and at the end of the day the value of said design improvements is supremely questionable against the price the of the product.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
There are some alleged design improvements to their 6 ARC product, but no rifles have materialized for commercial sale and at the end of the day the value of said design improvements is supremely questionable against the price the of the product.

They could design an entirely new platform not even based on the AR-15 completely optimized for ARC/Grendel and it still wouldn't be worth $3500 if it had their roll mark on the side.

Product availability aside…did you guys actually watch the whole video? Seems like there are a lot of new technologies and innovation in this rifle. Fancy coatings, forged bolt, new gas system, and a chrome lined barrel that is (allegedly) super accurate AND tough. If it does everything they say it will do it seems pretty cool to me. People pay $5k+ for a KAC and nobody seems to care. I’m optimistic about geissele’s future.

A KAC SR-15 is not $5K+................if you can find one. SR-25 are $6K though.

I bought 3 over the years from Kelley's & he generally can get something in a reasonable timeframe......................Geiselle in just nuts. Nice gun but $6500 ain't gonna get many takers, but I think they know that.

KAC SR-15

MM

And of 2021 or end of this year?

Also while I can understand the $6500 for the MRGG given it’s contract and barrel life/ gas system I really am having a hard time justifying $3500 for the gfr

… when I can re barrel a super duty with a proof carbon for about $1500 less

Reactions: TheOE800
I haven’t seen anything that would make anyone want to sell their Seekins, JP, Knights, HK, LMT, FN, or whatever you shoot to get one.

He has lots of fans. Im sure he’ll sell plenty of them.

I may not get all this correct as it went back and forth quite a bit, but I thought LaRue made all the down selects and came out on top, then LMT somehow re-appeared, and supposedly LMT was the eventual MRGG awardee.

I may not get all this correct as it went back and forth quite a bit, but I thought LaRue made all the down selects and came out on top, then LMT somehow re-appeared, and supposedly LMT was the eventual MRGG awardee.
hot off the press: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/09/05/us-socom-selects-geissele-automatics-mrgg-s/

I didnt hear about LMT winning the contract but there are two parts to the MRGG: MRGG-A and MRGG-S. (assault and sniper rifles) I know LMT went for the S, but when talking to a few of their big dealers I heard they didnt win, but who knows what happens behind the scenes officially and how it went down.

to @Jsp556 point, I also see no reason to sell what you may already have in order to buy one of these.

Everytime a mil contract gun comes up the little dick brigade comes out bitching and whining about price. Even though it's well documented why things cost what they do, they can't help themselves. Just to reiterate:
A. Can't sell for less to commercial market than gov/dod customer. This is FAR/DFAR basic bitch shit.

B. The contractors compliance costs alone account for a large portion of the cost. The companies don't want to spend money on this shit but dumb fucking contracting officers, HCAs and the retards who wrote the procurement authority force this on them. Think end user certificates for raw materials, additional accounting/finance documentation, inspections, plus about 100 other addendum making you do dumb shit that cost time and money.

C. Most of these contract award prices include spares, training ( flying factory armorers out to train the trainers), training materials, shipping costs, tech support and follow on support. A dude was in a firefight in Afghanistan called barret tech support with a sat phone to have someone talk them through getting the gun back up. Expectation is you become the #1 priority even if it fucks up your commercial customers. These all add to the cost.

D. Profit. Why go through all the bullshit above, spend hundreds of thousands if not millions on the solicitation and submission if you aren't going to make a decent profit.

E. The gov can cancel at anytime the contract for convience, even if you never recouped your costs.

If the gov cared about the cost they would buy a bunch of PSA ar10s in 6.5cm, pmags and containers of 140 eldms.

Same deal with any clone/contract gun be it the SCAR, M110 , 416 ect. Pay to play or stop being poor.

Last edited:
hot off the press: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/09/05/us-socom-selects-geissele-automatics-mrgg-s/

I didnt hear about LMT winning the contract but there are two parts to the MRGG: MRGG-A and MRGG-S. (assault and sniper rifles) I know LMT went for the S, but when talking to a few of their big dealers I heard they didnt win, but who knows what happens behind the scenes officially and how it went down.

to @Jsp556 point, I also see no reason to sell what you may already have in order to buy one of these.
Thanks - just proves you (me) don't know what you don't know.

Reactions: TangoSierra916
Damn, a few sycophants in this thread already.

Bill is being greedy, anyone not seeing that is deliberately being an obtuse apologist. If joe civ buys it on the commercial side, none of those spare parts and other .gov niceties comes with and that's a fact.

It has nothing to do with being a pOoR. But it has everything to do with calling a spade a spade,