• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super Duty Rifle

That’s a blem. Period.

You can find Aero uppers / lowers in stock and on hand at damm near every gun shop across the country for $60-75 and they are machined flawlessly compared to that.

Still waiting on my lower and if it shows up looking like that. I will be sending it back.

I love Geissele triggers and their Rails, but man they are starting to go down a road that makes it tough to stand behind them

Got this today by email:

As we approach our 8 week deadline on shipping Black Friday orders, we wanted to reach out to everyone whose order has not been fulfilled and provide an update.
We are going to miss sending out about 13% of our BF orders. I expect most of them will be sent out in the next two weeks, all of them by the end of February.
I apologize that we did not send out all orders in 8 weeks. The response to BF was overwhelming and when stock ran out in literary hours after the sale started we figured we could complete stuff that was partially finished to give everybody a chance at a killer deal. Unfortunately, we were not able to complete everything due to multiple issues that had to do with anodizing of colors, miscalculation of what was actually on hand, our UV borescope breaking so we couldn’t complete Magnetic Particle inspection on proofed barrels and other things.
I will say that complaints about our Customer Service are not warranted. I have great teammates who have worked nights and weekends to try and handle the deluge of emails and phone calls. It was just impossible for them to keep up. I am proud of them.
For future sales we will have our website configured to take back orders that will only charge when the item ships.
If you have an order in with us and want to cancel it please let us know and we will happily do so. For those customers that are willing to bear with us a little longer, all orders that go out starting Monday will have a 35% off coupon included with your gear or rifle.
Bill Geissele

Reactions: Rifleman300
Picked up my “Super Duty” receiver set from my FFL today. Kinda disappointed but not enough to care by now since I purchased them at Black Friday pricing. The anodizing is pretty rough on the upper but great on the lower. The lower does have some tooling/forging marks that I’m not accustomed to seeing on forged receivers. I’m still going to use it to build the rifle, I just hope their QC picks it up a little bit. It’s their first shot at these so I find it somewhat expected.
Shit this is dissapointing I was hoping and expecting a premium finished receiver set

@ColbyJack223 I really do hope you send that receiver back. You paid for a premium product and waited for 2 months to get it. You deserve better than what you received. Like someone said, you could get AeroPrecision upper and lowers that are better than what you received. The Freedom Edition set I bought over labor day was about the same price as you paid for your Geissele and is far better than what you received and has a few upgrades like being able to use a set screw to install the forward assist, the bolt catch and it's threaded to accept a 4-40 set screw for the rear takedown pin detent. It also has an oversized trigger guard plus it was machined and anodized better than yours is.

Last edited:
Reactions: plong and Jsp556
Sorry I’m just getting back to y’all about the receiver set. Long story short, I’m a new dad with a crazy new schedule and I don’t have a lot of free time to piddle downstairs in my man cave. I’ve had every part to assemble this rifle for awhile now and waited almost 2 months for the receiver set to arrive. Needless to say I was pretty anxious to assemble the rifle. By the time I had posted about the quality of the receivers and received your reactions and advice, I had already had the rifle together. I will say everything went together like it should. With the rifle assembled, I haven’t paid attention to the finish of the receivers anymore and it doesn’t bother me anymore. With that said, I did send a long email to Geissele about the issues I had. I also sent a message to them on Instagram since they post quite a bit on there. I have not had a response from them even though I have read receipts where the messages were read. I am a little upset about not getting a 35% discount like many others did for the wait. I got a small little “Super Duty” patch. One thing I also stumbled across while researching their quality, I read where their rails are causing a major POI shift (10.37) moa to be exact when being dropped from 1.5 meters. Apparently there was a 30 page forum on ARFCOM discussing this issue but for “some reason” it was deleted. I was thinking about adding one of their hand guards but I’m not sure after this latest experience and the research on the rest of their quality issues.

1. Their rails bend.
2. Only stupid people pay full price for Geissele shit. You’re going to take almost a 50% on their mounts.
3. Geissele is the new Larue as far as hate goes.

Sorry I’m just getting back to y’all about the receiver set. Long story short, I’m a new dad with a crazy new schedule and I don’t have a lot of free time to piddle downstairs in my man cave. I’ve had every part to assemble this rifle for awhile now and waited almost 2 months for the receiver set to arrive. Needless to say I was pretty anxious to assemble the rifle. By the time I had posted about the quality of the receivers and received your reactions and advice, I had already had the rifle together. I will say everything went together like it should. With the rifle assembled, I haven’t paid attention to the finish of the receivers anymore and it doesn’t bother me anymore. With that said, I did send a long email to Geissele about the issues I had. I also sent a message to them on Instagram since they post quite a bit on there. I have not had a response from them even though I have read receipts where the messages were read. I am a little upset about not getting a 35% discount like many others did for the wait. I got a small little “Super Duty” patch. One thing I also stumbled across while researching their quality, I read where their rails are causing a major POI shift (10.37) moa to be exact when being dropped from 1.5 meters. Apparently there was a 30 page forum on ARFCOM discussing this issue but for “some reason” it was deleted. I was thinking about adding one of their hand guards but I’m not sure after this latest experience and the research on the rest of their quality issues.

I'm not a G fanboi. I do like their triggers and rails though.

The rail bend thing appears to be a function of the light weight and slimmed down nature of the MK16 rail. The instances of "bend" appear to be when a MAWLs unit is placed in close proximity to the gas block on this specific rail. It causes the GB to impact the rail under impact. My WAG is that any other lightweight/slim profile rail is going to bend when you hang a heavy weight on the end of it and subject it to heavy force. Physics are physics.

Regardless, there is another thread over on that same site that has plenty of reports, photos, and posts from a guy who is with some Hi Speed dudes, i.e. USASOC, that are actively using and evaluating the G URG-I (with the Mk16 rail). He is reporting zero issues or complaints with the rail from operators in the real world in real use. Make of that what you will.

Also, I picked up a Mk16 a couple of years ago. The first one I received had a machining flaw. G quickly replaced it. Send a couple of photos of your upper and my guess is that they square you away. My Mk16 has also worked as expected.

CcPv7DC.jpg

Last edited:
Received my lower on Friday

Lower parts kits today... and no safety selector in the bag.

WTF

Reactions: phlegethon
I still havent received any notification but they said my stuff should ship this week superduty rifle, 2 receiver sets lower parts and sights , Im about to cancel one of my receiver seta if someone wants a black receiver set and lower parts let me know so you dont have to start the 10 week clock, also have a black mk16 13.5 handguard, anyone one else cancel a order whats the process? Im just going to hold on to the super duty hopefully it delivers

I have only received part of my orders but if they do the same level of discounts I’ll be placing more orders on 2020 Geissele Black Friday - gotta love 1st world problems.

Reactions: CuTm
I have only received part of my orders but if they do the same level of discounts I’ll be placing more orders on 2020 Geissele Black Friday - gotta love 1st world problems.

Except they will probably have a time limit or a not top be used with any other offers close clause. ???

Geissele getting roasted on IG, 71 days since Black Friday...

D2707BD4-8805-46CF-99EF-E6D656D93666.jpeg

The other 95% of orders went like this: shipped wrong stuff, missing parts, horrible qc, anodizing that isn't even close, and cancelled orders

My buddy Justin got his about 10 days ago. 16" super duty with a surefire flash suppressor. Geissele dark earth. Trigger is superb and I like the feel of the new shoe. Rifle is very light, even with a scalarworks mount and an ATACR 1-8.

We shot maybe 100 - 120 rounds out of it. Functioned perfectly. 55gr Federal Lake City bulk and 77gr Blackhills.

The ATACR has about .2 mils of parallax at 100y and the dot cannot be used for precision aiming BUT the blackills shot about 1.3moa using the dot. If I wasn't miserable from the wind I would have thought to used a holdover. I bet I could have cut that almost I'm half. Oddly enough, the 55s shot like shit. 20% flyers for elevation and the "group" was 7" wide. I'm not sure if the 7 twist is fucking up the jackets, etc but I was not at all impressed with the 55 performance.

Very nice rifle for what he has into it. The anodizing of the uppers curved surfaces are darker than the lower BUT the flat spots on the upper (inside the ejection port) matches perfectly. I'd own it. You couldn't build one for what he has into it. If I just needed to shoot light stuff I'd buy a WOA for it and drive on..

Reactions: GNNut
Well that will get my BF order out of the way. Suppose I'm only 2 months then from getting my Christmas order after.

Maybe we need to come up with a new unit for Geissele time measurement-or maybe we just need a multiplier-yanno like Dog years etc? 5 days real time = 50 days Geissele time? Or 5 Geissele Days :D

I kid I kid.

Can’t speak for him but the “duty” rifles not the “super duty” rifles were $850 iirc for bf

I’ve waited this long. I won’t cancel the order, and I hope it’s a good rifle, but Geissele is dead to me after this. I will never again spend a dime with them.

Reactions: Jsp556
Can’t speak for him but the “duty” rifles not the “super duty” rifles were $850 iirc for bf

Ok. I appreciate the info

My Im a 5.5%er email stated that DDC super duty uppers would ship this Saturday anyone receive ahipping label info that theirs would ship saturday?

Cancelled my order. Fuckum. Plenty of other quality vendors out there.

Cancelled my order. Fuckum. Plenty of other quality vendors out there.
Yeah, I changed my mind and just sent the cancellation email. I'm going to order a rifle from JP.

edit: about four hours after I sent the email to cancel, they sent me a tracking number.

Last edited:
My buddy Justin got his about 10 days ago. 16" super duty with a surefire flash suppressor. Geissele dark earth. Trigger is superb and I like the feel of the new shoe. Rifle is very light, even with a scalarworks mount and an ATACR 1-8.

We shot maybe 100 - 120 rounds out of it. Functioned perfectly. 55gr Federal Lake City bulk and 77gr Blackhills.

The ATACR has about .2 mils of parallax at 100y and the dot cannot be used for precision aiming BUT the blackills shot about 1.3moa using the dot. If I wasn't miserable from the wind I would have thought to used a holdover. I bet I could have cut that almost I'm half. Oddly enough, the 55s shot like shit. 20% flyers for elevation and the "group" was 7" wide. I'm not sure if the 7 twist is fucking up the jackets, etc but I was not at all impressed with the 55 performance.

Very nice rifle for what he has into it. The anodizing of the uppers curved surfaces are darker than the lower BUT the flat spots on the upper (inside the ejection port) matches perfectly. I'd own it. You couldn't build one for what he has into it. If I just needed to shoot light stuff I'd buy a WOA for it and drive on..
This is my rifle and I was able to get much better groups with 55gr after testing on a few different types of 55 gr range ammo..I was getting 2.5 or better this time out. Not sure if it was different ammo or the good cleaning I gave it before that tightened up the group.

either way I’m extremely pleased with the setup.

Reactions: Formosan
Maybe it's just the lighting but isnt the whole reason for the delay was because they wanted to get the anodizing right?

Maybe it's just the lighting but isnt the whole reason for the delay was because they wanted to get the anodizing right?
No such thing as getting anodizing right, the rifles you see on their web sight are hand picked pieces that match really good, every alloy takes a different shade, I thi k they said they had discolotation spots in the anodize, but if anyone thinks the rifle is going to match perfect not gonna happen

So all the parts are different alloys?
I assume there would be slight shade differences but the difference in the upper/lower are more than slight. That's why I was asking about lighting.

So all the parts are different alloys?
I assume there would be slight shade differences but the difference in the upper/lower are more than slight. That's why I was asking about lighting.
It can be from the same forge or billet it will still take on a different shade every time

Last edited:
Yeah, their Desert Dirt Color won't match. But you have to read the disclaimers to know that because the pictures of the recievers and rifles pretty much match giving you the impression that it will.

Mine is super close to matching but either way I kinda like that it doesn’t match perfectly.

Sounds like a bargain for a price, like getting a 550.00 AR considering the 300.00 trigger....ill have to check those out
Just an FYI, the SSA line is $240 retail (which, who pays that), and frequently $180 or less.