• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super Duty Rifle

Right-I gathered that. I'm just wondering if they caught up with Black Friday sales and are now shipping new orders quicker or if they are putting new orders ahead of Black Friday orders-which I would find hard to believe.

They havent even caught up with black Friday orders yet. I ordered a ddc lower and super duty 10" upper. Lower finally shipped last friday. Still havent shipped my upper

Well 1 of 3 of my orders showed up randomly, My super duty 11.5 upper, I have to say so far Im very inpressed with the finish and machining, really like the nano finish on the bolt and flash hider, bur i will be swapping it for a dead air

Attachments

• 20200221_161846.jpg
    20200221_161846.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20200221_161834.jpg
    20200221_161834.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 20200221_155636_001.jpg
    20200221_155636_001.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 277
Still waiting on my BF order. Nothing yet. As someone else said in a previous post, I will also no longer order anything direct from Geissele moving forward. What a mess.

I got my BF order a week ago. They stated that my 1/5 barrel order will ship this week along with a 35% off certificate.

Geissele Super Duty Rifle

Anybody order one? I’m still thinking about it. I don’t have any factory built rifles, but the OD green one is calling my name.

What have they done to make it any more "super duty" than anything else from a top builder?

And what does "super duty" really mean?

Should I throw all my KAC's in the garbage & replace them with "super duty's" ???

I need some help here...............................

MM

What have they done to make it any more "super duty" than anything else from a top builder?

And what does "super duty" really mean?

Should I throw all my KAC's in the garbage & replace them with "super duty's" ???

I need some help here...............................

MM

All marketing.. I dont see them being the new KAC for durability and longevity.

Still wating on my parts, sights and lower so I can build my pistol and start the SBR process

Attachments

• 20200228_144322.jpg
    20200228_144322.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 20200228_144343.jpg
    20200228_144343.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 148
Tried to order a super duty online with a 30% code I got. But wouldn’t give me the option to add to cart.
Coupon expires tomorrow.
Anybody know why it wouldn’t let me select one?
Other parts were available to add to cart.
Did they suspend super duty orders until they catch up?

Anybody else still waiting on BF orders? Last email said everything shipped by EOM, doesn’t look like I made it.

Tried to order a super duty online with a 30% code I got. But wouldn’t give me the option to add to cart.
Coupon expires tomorrow.
Anybody know why it wouldn’t let me select one?
Other parts were available to add to cart.
Did they suspend super duty orders until they catch up?
couponds are only good for in stock items anyway

Reactions: man32ahan
All marketing.. I dont see them being the new KAC for durability and longevity.

Have you extensively shot one or own one much less dont a destruction test? Do you know the barrel and bolt material specs?
KAC makes great guns but the playing field upped the game.
And a Fed SMU along with several other Tier1 units recently adopted it because of marketing right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
FYI there are three tiers of the Super Duty guns. The basic one is plain milspec with a button barrel and there is URGI spec with CHF barrel and finally to the expensive MIL only version.

FYI there are three tiers of the Super Duty guns. The basic one is plain milspec with a button barrel and there is URGI spec with CHF barrel and finally to the expensive MIL only version.
Info on the .mil only version or link to it? I thought the URGI's basically were considered the new M4A1 Blk 3?

AFAIK most all tier 1 SMU's run HK 416's..??

Far as HRT.. maybe my info is outta date but I thought the HRT rifles were 11.5" heavy barrel Colts with Geissele rails?

Sooooooooooooo............................somebody that's got one, please tell us why it's "Super" & better than all else. Please.

Geiselle usually does thing pretty well.....................but please just tell us why it's "Super" & better & what's new or unique about it.

MM

Time will tell. Well see how long these bolts hold up. As they "claim" 4x longer... so for now, yep, marketing until end users get 20k plus rounds on them on these short suppressed guns. Plenty of KAC bolts out there and I haven't heard of one breaking. So that really is the standard. Barrels are consumables and I put little stock in barrel coating hype in a heavy use gas guns. But maybe they have some special secret sauce. I've shot out a few mk18 barrels with well north of 10k rounds on some. Well see how long this Super Duty barrel lasts... Haven't gotten past 6500 on any of the others I own including my KAC guns.

I test and shoot many different barrels from manufactures and bought the Geissele to test out. I used to chop down many barrels for suppressor testing with different gas port sizes before that turned into a "thing". Probably 30 barrels I've chopped and or tested for suppressor use in Mid and carbine gas DI systems and been asked for input on some port sizing from a few companies.

Geissele markets their stuff well. And their triggers are great. But until people actually get some real high volume use out of them, I will hold my praises for durability and longevity as I stated. I have been using Geissele products since they were introduced before the company really took off. So I have been an early adopter in Bill's products. The original mk1 rails are still my favorite.

I like that people push the envelope with Coatings and materials. But it takes a lot of hype and marketing to make people think they are better then the rest. Until we see a lot of end users actually have 10s of thousands of rounds on these guns, I hold praises. Have to earn it. Not because someone said it on their website or promo video. I hope it's true and my 11.5 super duty performs as long as they claim it to. Time will tell.

Sooooooooooooo............................somebody that's got one, please tell us why it's "Super" & better than all else. Please.

Geiselle usually does thing pretty well.....................but please just tell us why it's "Super" & better & what's new or unique about it.

MM

I agree geissele does things well from their track record. The cam pin design is interesting. I'll get a pic up. Other then that it's a mil spec AR to me. Other then using a combo of materials that are different then some others. Not sure I have bought into the special Coatings yet, but well see after I get a few 1000 down the tube.

Maybe someone else can tell us why it's better from first hand experience already. I'm just not there yet.

Attachments

• 20200308_101133.jpg
    20200308_101133.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Reactions: CuTm
Have you extensively shot one or own one much less dont a destruction test? Do you know the barrel and bolt material specs?
KAC makes great guns but the playing field upped the game.
And a Fed SMU along with several other Tier1 units recently adopted it because of marketing right? :rolleyes:

I own one. Yep I know the specs. But real word testing is the only way to find out. If the bolts go well over 20k+ rounds as they claim, well have something here.. They look to be well put together and have "impressive specs" but let's see how they perform.

Reactions: CuTm
I agree they are still new in the military assault rifle game and have yet to replace the 416 in several units.

has anyone shot their 16" Super duty suppressed yet.. Curious about the over gassing and how much of an issue if any is it..

Well with all this Geissele, I broke down and just order a USASOC stripped 5.56 clone from Brownells. With the 10% discount I got it for $770. I was going to build one but it was cheaper to just buy it.

Well with all this Geissele, I broke down and just order a USASOC stripped 5.56 clone from Brownells. With the 10% discount I got it for $770. I was going to build one but it was cheaper to just buy it.
Damn! The Geissele URGI clone w/ Daniel Defense barrel for 770?! Nice

Damn! The Geissele URGI clone w/ Daniel Defense barrel for 770?! Nice
thats stripped not that great of a deal its not a Colt upper either its a geissele oem square forge
Colt upper $160
DD barrel $250
gas tube $12
mk16 rail and gas block $300
$722 with a Colt upper
only advantage you get is a pinned gas block

thats stripped not that great of a deal its not a Colt upper either its a geissele oem square forge
Colt upper $160
DD barrel $250
gas tube $12
mk16 rail and gas block $300
$722 with a Colt upper
only advantage you get is a pinned gas block
Ahh I see, read too fast and skipped over the stripped part. Shame Brownell's won't sell a true clone. I also wonder why they went back to gov't contour on the URGI..? A mid length SOCOM would be fairly heavy but theres a lot smarter ways to distribute the weight/profile than gov't/standard M4. Regardless, its been a while but I do remember seeing tests in which gov't contour barrels consistently outshoot pencil contours, all else equal.

Im happy considering it’s priced at $979 @ Geissele

BTW post a link to the $250 DD barrels. I want one and I can only find ones in stock for $300

I ordered an 11.5 Super Duty upper the right after the black Friday sale ended. I paid a little over $900 because I didn’t know they had them for $600 on Black Friday. Oh well, you live and learn. Anyways I still haven’t received it yet. Not sure what’s going on. I know Geissele said they had their MPI tester go down, but damn going on 4 months for an upper is a bit much. I haven’t called or emailed them because I’m trying to respect the fact that they’ve been dealing with tons of orders but it’s starting to feel like I’m waiting on an NFA tax stamp to come back a year later.

Also I can’t verify widespread, but the video reviews on YT I’ve seen show that Geissele is having some QC issues. On the video reviews the rails have machine marks all over them. Hoping Geissele works out the issues and is able to ramp up their productions accordingly to this influx of demand and new gov contracts they’ve been awarded.

only time will tell. Good luck Geissele, and please send me my upper sooner than later.

What is going on at geissele? Did they expand too quickly?

Seems like it. They took on large gov contracts and had a huge response to their BF sale all at the same time. Now their production can’t keep up and they’re running their machines too thin. All the blem components that are getting shipped out are likely due to overworked mills and dull mill bits. They’re overextending. They need to fix it quick before this become synonymous with the Geissele brand. Too many other good brands out there.

Finally got the 16” buttoned barrel that I ordered on 1/5, but it arrived without the gas block or tube and without the discount coupon they promised me.

She is beautiful!!! Super Duty 11.5 pistol build

Attachments

• 20200314_153442.jpg
    20200314_153442.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 401
  • 20200314_153453.jpg
    20200314_153453.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 20200314_153509.jpg
    20200314_153509.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 20200314_153517.jpg
    20200314_153517.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20200314_153520.jpg
    20200314_153520.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 132
  • 20200314_153524.jpg
    20200314_153524.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 20200314_153531.jpg
    20200314_153531.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 20200314_153538.jpg
    20200314_153538.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200314_153733.jpg
    20200314_153733.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: The DFC
Hoping I get mine before the boogaloo comes looking for my toilet paper stash...

Geissele, if you see this, please send me my super duty upper!!! I’ve been patiently waiting since November, and I haven’t emailed you or called once, just like you requested in your “Whoops, y’all ordered too much and our machine broke” mass email. But I swear if it’s not here in one more week, you will begin to feel my email sending and phone calling wrath!!! I won’t stop until the upper is in hand and attached to my lower.

Last edited:
Hoping I get mine before the boogaloo comes looking for my toilet paper stash...

Geissele, if you see this, please send me my super duty upper!!! I’ve been patiently waiting since November, and I haven’t emailed you or called once, just like you requested in your “Whoops, y’all ordered too much and our machine broke” mass email. But I swear if it’s not here in one more week, you will begin to feel my email sending and phone calling wrath!!! I won’t stop until the upper is in hand and attached to my lower.
unleash the fury

My upper shoots 62 grain like garbage, 75 grain like gold.

Interesting thread as I've seen several Super Duty rifles popping up for sale on various forums lately. Wonder if it's guys finally receiving their BF deals and trying to double their money?....:unsure:

Interesting thread as I've seen several Super Duty rifles popping up for sale on various forums lately. Wonder if it's guys finally receiving their BF deals and trying to double their money?....:unsure:
Or they just got tired of the free loan they gave Geissele and bought a quality product in the meantime. I myself cancelled over $2k in orders from Geissele. I did get a Super Duty URGI rifle. Its cool, but Ill gladly sell it to anyone that wants it.