• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele: Super Dynamic or Adjustable HiSpeed

BobD

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2012
Seems as if many go through the struggle of which Geissele will be their next purchase, this time its me. Ive looked through their site, and one would figure with as much as they differentiate each offering and classify each trigger based upon the users needs that this would be a simple decision. Not quite, they are all very unique, maybe there is no true best but simply a best for one person dependent on their use.

Feeling undecided I perused the forums looking for a few answers as well as others opinions and experiences. From everything I've gathered it will pretty much be a win-win situation either way.

What I'm hoping to get out of this are as many experiences with either type of trigger, the shooting type its been beneficial for and if anyone has experienced any drawbacks where soomeone may have chose a different model based on their needs...
Eg. "I own the sd-3g and has been great for fast target shooting thanks to its short reset, however It has limited use for more precision work as there is little feedback before breaking the second stage. The HiSpeed DMR has been great for that"

My personal feelings:
I like the range of adjustments on the HiSpeed
I'm aware that the different tension springs on the HiSpeed models can be purchased together
The shape of the trigger shoe on the Super Dynamic models intrigues me, but I have no experience with them (have heard mixed feeling on the shape)

I would also like to hear some of the weight adjustments from those that are running the adjustable models.

I really appreciate any experience you have to offer, thanks

Re: Geissele: Super Dynamic or Adjustable HiSpeed

Another couple questions:

Any of you running the HiSpeed (owning DMR & Match springs) found this useful swapping uppers of different purpose? Ie. keeping the DMR a bit on the heavier side for use and maybe a light or mid weight on the match?

It seems the high speed might be a bit more versatile in that respect, i dont know how much of a pain in the ass it is to swap them out.

Also, curious if there are any success stories or problems with the lighter weight hammer used in this line. Anyone actually noticed a positive difference? Problems igniting any primers?

I think it would be interesting if they offered the flat trigger shoe in the HiSpeed series. In theory, it would seem that (aside from the mechanical leverage advantage) the flat side would be more natural to pull straight back. I have heard some say otherwise; some have stated that it was less intuititve to find the correct finger position. I dont know if this is just from familiarity of a more standard shape and personal preference or because the natural curve shape just works better.
It reminds me alot of Troy's DOA sights, and their acceptance by those trained on a standard peep aperture....

Thanks again guys,
I have no idea why its not displaying poll results in the post. I don't know which option I choose that makes you click a link but I didnt intend for it to be that way, unfortunately i have no idea how to change it

I have a SD3G "and it has been great for fast target shooting thanks to its short reset," AND I have always preferred 1 stage triggers even for precision work. When my finger is on a light trigger that is all the feedback I need. I find the flat trigger shoe <span style="font-style: italic">more</span> natural and would prefer it on Geissele's other models.

I also have an SSF and it allows excellent short burst control that I have never before attained. In semi the SSF is 2-stage, but even so, it beats the dickens out of the crunchy go-to-the-gym Colt that is now <span style="font-style: italic">requiescens in pace</span> at the bottom of my parts box.

I am giving some thought to the Alexander Arms GDMR in 6.5 Grendel. Unless I received convincing commentary otherwise, I'd be inclined towards upgrading to a Geissele Hi-Speed National Match trigger. Anyone have opinions on that trigger? ...competing manufacturers?

My experiences is that I almost use exclusively the SA-E.
I do have one Hi-Speed DMR settings for a AR15 SDM 20" and it is incredible.
The rest are all SA-E's ~ by my 'feeling' are about 95% of the Hi-Speed.
I have one more Hi-Speed still in a package that I am going to replace the SA-E that is on my MA TEN 20"/ USO.
I will reuse the SA-E in another MA-TEN build that will be a little less 'accuracy' oriented.
I will try the Match Spring set in this one although the DMR felt just right in the SDM build.
I did measure the pull on both but can't recall it right now.
All I remember the 'feel' is better on the Hi-Speed.
YMMV

I have 6 Geissele triggers - 2 S3G's, 2 SSA-E's and 2 Hi-Speed Match's. I like them all but, if I had to choose one - my favorite of the bunch...Hi-Speed Match hands down. You really have to feel one to know what I'm talking about.

It's better that several bolt gun triggers, yes you read correctly - it's that good. Plus the adjustments of the 1st stage weight, 2nd stage weight, overtravel, and sear engagement, makes this truely customizable to your preference.

my $0.02
cool.gif

How hard is it to interchange these trigger groups if you had both?

Here is a fresh SD-E vs. SD-3G vid that might help....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPlY4JIB6GE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPlY4JIB6GE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I just installed two of the SD-3gun triggers today. One on my 14.5" setup and the other in my 10.5"

The 10.5" was running a single stage trigger from Timney and while it was fast and light it was not liking extended periods of use and would sometimes not strike the firing pin. The Geissele is leaps and bounds better IMO.

Trident good video. I really like the 3G trigger alot. Got one coming in my Seekins SP3G.

PM sent.

Well after all the reviews I am pretty pumped to try out my super 3 gun Geissele trigger on my new AR arriving in the morning.. Might have to switch out the trigger on my Sig 516 with the SD enhanced.

You guys are great,
Lots of good input, keep it rolling.

Trident- good video man, well done. Had no idea it would be that noticeable a difference... Guess a picture/video is worth a thousand words. Much appreciated.

Wonder how the HiSpeed models look in comparison.

Still really intrigued by both, in the long run looks like I might end up buying more than one type.
Does the SDE offer any perceived benefits over the HiSpeed other than its shape?

Keep her going, this is all very helpful.
Thanks again