• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele

Jack Daniel

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2012
Wyo
Tell me about your geissele triggers. Don't know I'd I spelled it correctly. I want the high speed match. Second stage in ounces. Can't find a negative thing on them anywhere. If u got one, whatcha think.

Re: Geissele

great trigger.I use the dmr adjustable. little time consuming getting it set, but well worth the time and money.

Had one of the first DMR triggers when he started selling them to the highpower crowd. Fantastic trigger. Pins were out of spec, but KNS anti's fixed that. This was back in 2005ish?

Bill pretty much sets the standard for AR triggers.

I have the SSA-E and it is the best trigger I've ever had...on anything.

I put the high speed match in my varminter AR and love it. 2 pound take up and 8oz letoff. Heaven. Put the DMR's in my MK12 clones and LR308. Besides mil-spec its the only trigger I've used in an AR, I just don't see the point of trying another. YMMV

I have a Hi-Speed Match set to 2lbs takeup and 1lb break. Hands down the best trigger I've felt. Smooth, consistent first stage, and a perfectly clean second stage break. Virtually no overtravel. Get one, you won't regret it.

If you like their triggers, you should check out their rails
smile.gif

DSC09443-1.jpg

I've got very limited experience with my SSA-E (less than 200 rounds), but it is an incredibly sweet trigger. I bought it over some of the other models he offers because I didn't want to mess with an adjustable trigger on an AR. Will definitely spend the money to put his triggers in all of my future ARs.

I have two of thier HS match triggers and they are the best out there in my opinion. I saw thier rails at Perry last year and they look very nice. I am going to put one on my next build.

I can't say enough about Geissele's work on getting a combat- or competition-reliable AR trigger developed for just about every serious user. And trust-your-life durability to boot.

Curved trigger, flat trigger, single stage, two stage, sharp break, thick break, etc.

A lot of guys will say competition needs aren't near as important as military, but if you're making a living by competition it DOES matter.

I've run an Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD3G) trigger for about 3yrs now. Consistent, really helps with quick shots. I greatly prefer the flat trigger.

I would not recommend the SD3G trigger for patrol or home defense rifle. IMO, a higher trigger weight is needed for feel through gloves, cold fingers, those not well practiced in guns out, etc.

I think the LMT 2-stage is unbeatable for a patrol trigger in its price range. It's what I use in my serious use AR lower. I'll try an SD-E (two stage) in this role sometime. A few other priorities ahead of that...

I have an SSA in my OBR. I'll be swapping it out for an SSA-E and putting the SSA in another carbine... Get one, you'll like it.

I'm not as experienced with them as many others, but the SSA I put on my DPMS LR308 is great! Install was a breeze.

I first tried the Geissele SSA and decided it was a little heavier than I cared for so I swapped it out for the SSA-E. I used it for awhile and thought I'd give the SD-E a try.

Although it has the same pull weight as the SSA-E, the flat bow of the SD-E gives it a more crisp feel and I've found it to be to my liking out of the AR triggers I've used.

I've got a buddy who swore by Timney triggers and I finally talked him into giving the Geissele SD-E a try. Needless to say, he still has it and sold the Timney.

I went with the Super 3 Gun trigger. I was skeptical at first. After about 50 rounds I was convinced I'd made the right decision.
This is perfect for the particular application. All of my triggers are on the light side anyway. No regrets here. If I had to do it over again I'd still go with the S3G.

B

absolutely love it..have a national match on my 18" 5.56 and love the adjustability..It took a little bit to get used to the adjustment and feel, but it wasn't unnerving or anything..

My brother competes at the collegiate level with 22 small bore rifles made by Anschutz. They have all geissele triggers in them, great triggers

I have 2 of their DMR triggers in my AR and AR10. Love them both. I have about a 1lb first stage and 1/2 lb on the second stage... breaks really clean. If you ask them nicely at SHOt, they will give you the spring that makes it lighter than that...

I have the Geissele S3G on my custom 6.8 and 7.62 and love it...... If you like more of a single stage type trigger with a light pull you may want to try it out..... Some will say it's too lite a pull for anything other than 3 gun..... I think it comes down to preference and find it to have a much broader application especially once you use it regularly. I primarily use my rifles for hunting and target practice and have taken several deer with both. Geissele has alternative springs available to increase the pull if so desired. I suggest you try several models before purchasing. I try to keep all my triggers the same so I have the same feel when operating each rifle.... I think this helps... Just my opinion... I also have Wilson Combats S3G trigger on my WC 5.56 which feels very similar and is a nice trigger.

Last edited:
Excellent trigger. I have one installed on my SPR-style rifle...it was more than I wanted to spend and I've never been a big fan of 2 stage triggers, but I changed my mind rather quickly after putting about 50 rounds through the rifle. Get one...you won't regret it.

Once you use one, you become a trigger snob. My SSA is nuts, Trident has some GREAT videos to help decide which specific trigger you will want to try out. When I take people out, and hand them my AR with that SSA, they shoot, and just say "I love this gun" or "That is the best damn trigger" or "how much was that trigger?!"

I would argue the SSA on my AR breaks about the same level of clean as my Nighthawk 1911. It literally feels like a 1911 trigger, perfectly.

I bought the SSA-E, but after reading reviews from Trident1982 I sold it and bought the SD-E. It feels extremely good, now I see why everyone is impressed with them. I have a second SD-E on the way, and plan to buy more in the future.

Last edited:
Gildoom..surely appreciate the kind words pal, and hope all is well on your front :)

Smurph...sorry for the delay, the barrel/rail combo is a DD 14.5" LW mid barrel, and then a Geissele 13" SMR Mk4 rail.
b147e787-0e1e-49fe-b9bc-cb3edd3ff13e_zps8f9656ee.jpg

So far Geissele has designed three different variants of the SMR rail....a Mk1, Mk2, and the soon to be Mk4.
c739b3c9-50de-42fc-8057-66827b5d792e_zpscad10f75.jpg

c1steve...great to hear that you picked up a SD-E, and it's truly a fantastic trigger.

Last edited:
I have been running an SSA on my GPR since 2009. It works well for all ranges, but really stands out when compared to stock triggers when pinging steel at 500 meters.

I also run an ALG QMS on my Mark 18. It has a consistent, clean 5 pound pull. It is no SSA, but it is only $45 and if a guy prefers the feel of the standard mil spec trigger it is the way to go.

I got an S3G a little while back, and couldn't like it. I replaced it with an SD-E, which I like a lot more. It's not as crisp as a well-tuned JP, but its very good and has no screws to lose adjustment.

Got it in, adjusted, and love it. I will say that adjustment was a bitch probably because of me. Love the trigger. Money well spent. Thx for all the input.

Gildoom..surely appreciate the kind words pal, and hope all is well on your front :)

Smurph...sorry for the delay, the barrel/rail combo is a DD 14.5" LW mid barrel, and then a Geissele 13" SMR Mk4 rail.
b147e787-0e1e-49fe-b9bc-cb3edd3ff13e_zps8f9656ee.jpg

So far Geissele has designed three different variants of the SMR rail....a Mk1, Mk2, and the soon to be Mk4.
c739b3c9-50de-42fc-8057-66827b5d792e_zpscad10f75.jpg

c1steve...great to hear that you picked up a SD-E, and it's truly a fantastic trigger.

Trident1982:nnThanks for all the work you put into testing and describing the Geissele triggers, your attention to detail is much appreciated. When I can find the rest of the lower parts, I will buy two more SD-E triggers for the two Seekins lowers I have coming.

Last edited:
Had one of the first DMR triggers when he started selling them to the highpower crowd. Fantastic trigger. Pins were out of spec, but KNS anti's fixed that. This was back in 2005ish?

Bill pretty much sets the standard for AR triggers.

Funny you should mention that. I recently got a DMR and the pins wouldn't fit. Their tech group said, "They fit, just tap them in", tapping didn't work.

They are awesome triggers, break great, not too bad to install, but they take a bit of time to get in and adjusted properly.

My brother competes at the collegiate level with 22 small bore rifles made by Anschutz. They have all geissele triggers in them, great triggers

What triggers? I might be curious enough to try one out.

I have a hard buying this, sorry. Anschutz triggers are top of the line and many install their triggers in other rigs. I have two Annies (54-18 and 1712) I also have an SSA-E trigger on my AR. Yes the SSA-E is good, but no where near the two stage from Anschutz.

Put a SSA-E in my REPR when I was upgrading my rifle. I put it in w/o firing the gun with the stock LWRC trigger. I like it, nice clean trigger and very predictable. I will be putting Geissele's in all my future AR builds.

I have a DMR in my MA-Ten and an SD3G in my AR and they are both phenomenal. I put a timney single stage trigger in my most recent AR and while it is a good trigger, I feel that the Geissele is a better trigger. They have a much crisper break in my opinion. Like others have stated, when I get a new AR pattern rifle, a Geissele is very high on the priority list of upgrades. They are money well spent.

+1

I have owned several of their triggers and the SD-E is my favorite all around. For duty/HD, I'd do something with a slightly heavier pull, but not on my precision/hunting rigs.

For HD and duty, I would think the SD-Combat would be excellent. Geissele recommends the SD-C for mil and duty. 4.5 lb. total pull, vs 3.5 with the SD-E.

For HD and duty, I would think the SD-Combat would be excellent. Geissele recommends the SD-C for mil and duty. 4.5 lb. total pull, vs 3.5 with the SD-E.

That's what they say, but I've had the SD-C and SSA, and it feels like a whooooole lot more than a 1 lb difference. The pull feels half the weight and the break feels 100% more crisp on the SD-E. There's just no comparison for precision rig...SD-E and SD-C shouldn't even be looked at as similar options.

They both have their places, though. In combat, most shots are closer up, and you're not going to clear rooms with a precision rig...so yeah, SD-C for combat/HD purposes. For anything out past 100 yards, I much prefer something lighter.

I have the SD 3 Gun too. That one is nice for shooting quick, and I've gotten pretty precise with it...but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for any purpose if they don't plan to shoot thousands of rounds to train with it. It's light and gives an unpredictable break....not for beginners or home defense, IMO.