• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors gemtech alright?

RobertB

Manners Stocks Support Team
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 20, 2009
    Oak Grove, Louisiana
    Hey guys. Couldn't really find hard evidence on the net but just wanting to known if gemtech is a decent suppressor. I found one in stock and was told by a buddy that the tirant was the better option. Well, I will have to wait a little longer for that model but can start the paperwork today for rhw gemtech. Its the black side 45 for a USP tactical

Thanks. Don't really care if its the top dog really. Just didn't know if Its a pos.

Hey guys. Couldn't really find hard evidence on the net but just wanting to known if gemtech is a decent suppressor. I found one in stock and was told by a buddy that the tirant was the better option. Well, I will have to wait a little longer for that model but can start the paperwork today for rhw gemtech. Its the black side 45 for a USP tactical

Thanks. Don't really care if its the top dog really. Just didn't know if Its a pos.
    Listen to your buddy, it's worth the wait.
    SilencerShop has the Ti-Rant 45 in stock, and it will take about a month to get to your dealer.
    I don't have any experience with the Gemtech Blackside, but I had read one report that it was loud.

My Gemtech has held up fine, but I'm not a high volume shooter.

The one thing that I did notice is that the threads on mine are a little more 'wide' than I would care for. There is not a lot of lock up until it hits the shoulder of the barrel.

Take your gun and see if the one you're buying fits your gun the way you want it to.

ETA: I won't buy another Gemtech.

OK, good stuff, thanks guys.

I will have them look into a TiRant. One report said the blackslide was quiter than the osprey and it was in stock locally so I thought about it. Any more info will be appreciated. I will call in a bit and see about getting a TiRant.

The Ti-Rant, Osprey, and Octane are all good.

Here’s an excellent testing resource, although nothing new has been added in a few years;
    SILENCER SOUND TESTING

What I found interesting was that on a 9mm host, the Ti-Rant 45 was more quiet at the shooter’s ear than the Ti-Rant 9, this is due to less back pressure.

SilencerCo also has some sound testing comparisons with other company's products;
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Silencerco/videos

Last edited:
    I was recently told that gemtec is NOT doing repairs on their stuff. Not 100%. Ask around.

Yes, thread issues, baffle strikes, detonation deformities, POI shifts....are probabilities
    That the end user MUST take into account when choosing the
    Company that makes the can (regardless of decibel reductions, cause some companies hinge
    Everything on the noise reduction, and never mention guarantee/warranty).

I'll assume it's for a pistol, so I have to say the tirant. It's also FA rated, and the adapters have nearly
    All the various threads you can imagine. Also a take apart, so you have cleaning access.

Happy hunting!

have a old old gemtec m4-02 thread on 556 can, must of had it close to 10 years now, ive abused the shit out of that thing, full auto till it glows, dunked in water to cool down, 22LR, junk wolf ammo, pretty much have been a total ass with with that can its still going strong, i would guess over 10000 rounds at this point.

I would buy another, its threading has never changed, it allways screws on and stays on. ive never had to scounge around or rat fuck other guns for legacy mounts that manufactures accross the board seem to be unable to support.

Who makes that? Never heard of it but I'm no pistol suppresor guru. Will it be availible for my USP tactical?

have a old old gemtec m4-02 thread on 556 can, must of had it close to 10 years now, ive abused the shit out of that thing, full auto till it glows, dunked in water to cool down, 22LR, junk wolf ammo, pretty much have been a total ass with with that can its still going strong, i would guess over 10000 rounds at this point.

I would buy another, its threading has never changed, it always screws on and stays on. Ive never had to scrounge around or rat fuck other guns for legacy mounts that manufactures across the board seem to be unable to support.

I bought a M4-02 about eight years ago, my first gemtech unit and it's a great can. I also have a Trinity, multi mount, MK9K, Sandstorm, Alpine and a Halo and all work great. Their customer service is one of the bet...if needed.

I find gemtech makes excellent rifle cans, not so much on the pistol side. Their 22lrs are shit hot though.