• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors GEMTECH Barrels

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
Has anyone tried the GEMTECH Glock Barrels? Also who makes a threaded barrel for XD and S&W MP 9mm with 5 in barrels?

No experience with the Gemtech but if you are looking for good quality threaded barrels I would check out Storm Lake. I have had a couple and know a lot of guys who run them with nothing but good remarks on them.

The last Gemtech Barrels I saw were Lone Wolf barrels re-branded and blacked out. (They had the lone wolf logo under the blackout treatment if you held it at the right angle to the light.)

As far as I know, only threaded barrels made by Glock have the 1 in 9.843" fast twist needed to stabilize the heavy projectiles used in subsonic ammunition.
Also, with a Glock factory threaded barrel you get the same polygonal rifling as the original barrel.
I have a Glock 9MM G19 barrel in M13.5x1LH, but they also make a G17, and a .45 G21 in M16x1LH.
Palmetto State Armory sells them.
AAC has Ti-RANT pistons in these thread pitches.

Last edited:
The last Gemtech Barrels I saw were Lone Wolf barrels re-branded and blacked out. (They had the lone wolf logo under the blackout treatment if you held it at the right angle to the light.)

Thanks for letting me know. I needed another threaded barrel for my second G19, but knowing that they are LW I will pick up a Bar Sto or Strom Lake tube.