• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Gemtech G-Core??

SeaVeyor

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2013
Morehead City, NC
Anyone have any experience/thoughts on this? TIA.

GEMTECHs new GMT-300 marks a revolution in silencer innovation. The simple, two piece, all titanium G-Core provides the shooter with a quiet and cleanable silencer. You asked, we delivered. Hit the spot with the new GEMTECH G-Core. •Sound Reduction: 36-39 dB
•Caliber: 300 Blackout Supersonic and subsonic only
•Full Auto Rated
•Length: 6.7"
•Diameter: 1.5"
•Weight: 14 oz.
•Material: Titanium
•Tube Finish: Desert Tan Cerakote with Reduced Visual-IR Signature
•Core Finish: Titanium
•Mount: 5/8-24 Thread

I have fired a few mags through one on a 10.2" Noveske. Really nice can. Fit inside my buddies handguard too. Came apart very easily for cleaning. The new G-Core is really a cool design: light weight, easy to clean, Ti, and good dB reduction. Worth looking at if wanting a dedicated 300 can. I have heard that it can be used for some 9mm as well.

doubt you are going to run 9mm throught it either

9mm=.355 projectiles 300blk=.308 projectilies

It's a very close design to the Liberty Suppressors monocore. Be wary of anyone who tells you that a single core design will provide optimal suppression on everything from rimfire to centerfire pistol to centerfire rifle. Not sure why it would be rated for .300 supers and not 5.56 as they are similar in energy.

Conquerer, the muzzle PSI in a 300BLK is significantly less than a 5.56 with barrel length being equal.

That's a fair point for a given barrel length and cartridge but how does an 8" .300 supersonic compare to a 16" 5.56? Also, given the firing schedule of many AR-type weapons, it seems foolish to build and sell a can that has a narrow safety margin. If they were saying "this is for subsonics only, like running a 9mm pistol can on a .338 Spectre" I could understand it. But it is rated for use on a full-auto short-barreled .300 using supersonic ammo. Why can it not handle 5.56? Further, at $995 MSRP, why would anyone buy one when there are similarly-priced cans that perform as well and are rated for many more calibers?