• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gen 2 Ford Raptor owners. Who here has one?

I thought the 6.2 was gone due to the new engine of the V6 twin turbo. Correct me if i am wrong. May have to go look at one if they are still available new.

I reprogrammed mine with Forscan and did away with the horn honk. Made about 12 changes to mine. Disabled horn, auto fold mirrors, heated and cool seats on home screen controls. Changed the DRL and fogs to be on at daytime, 7 flash turn signal and power window control with FOB. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few. Really easy to do.
I love my Raptor..

Yep did a lot of these same things, including getting rid of all the annoying beeps and dings for no seatbelt, door open, etc.

Reactions: 338dude
Since I’m truck shopping now I gave two ford dealers a call yesterday. Both are asking 25k over. The second dealer, which actually has them, was pretty open to slightly under MSRP. Their trucks are fully optioned though and out of my price range.

My carpool buddy bought a diesel ZR2 two weeks ago. Been riding in that every other day. He’s coming from a regular 4x4 Colorado with the same motor. That ZR2 is a dang nice truck. Excellent ride, good power, and ought to tow pretty well. That’s top of my list right now. My sales guy doesn’t have one so he’s trying to work a dealer trade. The gas versions are all over, but the diesels are hard to come by.

Do It!! I picked up a slightly used CPO when all this covid stuff started at a smoking deal. I was in a 2014 FX4 before this and the difference is night and day.

I’m too old to worry about putting loud exhaust on mine so the V6 noise doesn’t bother me. The performance is there which is what matters and I avg 16mpg which is better than my last truck.

If you tow/haul anything be mindful that the ratings on the Raptor are lower than a regular F150.

• Wow
Reactions: 338dude and Bender
My 2019 Raptor pulls my Skeeter FX21 very good. I was worried when making the deal on the truck about that being an issue. I came out of a 2017 High Country 2500 diesel but have zero issues.
The 10 speed tranny in the Raptor in tow haul mode shifts great towing. No crazy down shifting pulling hills, nice and smooth and still retain good MPG. Plenty of power to pass if I need too.. 👍🏼

It's gone. V6TT only availble engine in the Raptor now.
Yep... Now Dodge is moving in with its TRX, heard it's going to be a 6.2 supercharged V8 Hemi around 700HP (look at the concept it is nasty), I know a lot of guys who refuse to buy the TTV6 (kinda does sound like a rice burner) and will gladly make the switch to the V8. If Ford is smart they'll put the V8 back in the new Raptor and cater to their original base.

“Forscan”?!?!

OP - The Raptor looks like a blast, get one and tell us all about it!

One of the many things I appreciate about this forum, is folks sharing their experience with guns/trucks/etc, because I can’t afford them all.

Forscan is a program that allows you to modify and control the electronics.

Like on my Ranger I changed the Daytime Running Lights to the FOGS as I don't want to be be running my Headlights 24/7.

Thats just crazy....$25k over MSRP!! There is no way i would ever hand over that type of money just to drive a certain vehicle.
I would never buy new. Find one with under 20k and a year old. I’ll never buy new again. I’m too cheap! My wife’s LOADED expedition booked at $75k new! I bought it as a lease return for $39 with 19k miles ! It’s a great truck, zero issues, but it’s no raptor.

20190825_151506.jpg
20200107_172326.jpg

Mine is a Gen 1 and for off-road driving the suspension, power, and programming give you unparalleled factory performance. I added IR driving lights and can turn off all exterior and interior lighting for night-time OR activities.
The gen 2s on board programming for the type of conditions is far quicker (dial-a-condition vs. manual setup) than the gen 1. If you just want a pavement queen, look elsewhere. Stock Raptor's on-road performance can be exceeded, but not off-road. TRD-the name says it all, comparatively.

I can’t afford it either. I mean I could, but shouldn’t. But probably will buy one eventually. I used to be a Chevy guy, but since 2008 and later. Eff them. Plus the new ones look like ASS! I have a 17’ f-150 pretty loaded. I fell in love with it. Now I just want long travel and 450hp! Hell, I would like a new two door short box, lowered 2” and put loud pipes on the 5.0! They are 400hp now in the trucks! Can you say red neck hot rod!
Cant ya just put raptor shit on your current truck?

Sure, if you want a stock F150 that looks like something else to the untrained eye. Not remotely the same truck tho. TRD over F-150 fo sho for off road action.
Like what? Swap the fenders and the suspension put on tires and wheels, change the grill, what else makes it special?

Like what? Swap the fenders and the suspension put on tires and wheels, change the grill, what else makes it special?

You can, but by the time you swap the shocks, fenders, and effectively increase the ground clearance while maintaining the legit travel of each wheel, as well as increasing the wheel base width without using offset rims. You might as well of paid for the real thing instead of a Fraptor. Not to mention with a Raptor you get a the red leather strip on the steering wheel ;)
I have a couple old 700 actions I had the smith work over, blueprint, bolt face, larger recoil lug, then I decided to just buy a custom action that was a little more, and a little better.

6" wider body for stability, shorter box (for better or worse), Fox suspension-I don't know what they do, but it is way, way better than any other "upgraded" aftermarket suspension that I've got to ride in, locking differential, off-road mode that alters transmission shift points, more power, more torque. It's really hard to explain, I had to drive one off-road before I really understood. The raptor sticks corners at speeds that are unreal, glides over washboard and rough terrain, and the tuneable traction control is capable of preventing a mistake (of which I have made many) into a complete wrecked-truck fuck up. The Raptor has easily climbed out of disruptive terrain that I would've needed a Chinook to get my old Z71 out of. Find someone who has one and make them take you out so you can judge for yourself. YMMV.

6" wider body for stability, shorter box (for better or worse), Fox suspension-I don't know what they do, but it is way, way better than any other "upgraded" aftermarket suspension that I've got to ride in, locking differential, off-road mode that alters transmission shift points, more power, more torque. It's really hard to explain, I had to drive one off-road before I really understood. The raptor sticks corners at speeds that are unreal, glides over washboard and rough terrain, and the tuneable traction control is capable of preventing a mistake (of which I have made many) into a complete wrecked-truck fuck up. The Raptor has easily climbed out of disruptive terrain that I would've needed a Chinook to get my old Z71 out of. Find someone who has one and make them take you out so you can judge for yourself. YMMV.

+1000... It's hard to explain to guys who have never, but I've done shit, corners, loose gravel, tight gravel, ruts, washouts washboards, wet roads, down hill decent, at speeds a standard F150 would never, and I mean never handle, trust me, I've owned both, and done stupid shit in both, the Raptor handles corners as mentioned above like no other, and it's hard to recognize until you do it. The machine is a completely different animal.
Edit - +1 on the IR lights with nods, we use them all the time.

Guys, its all in the suspension. The a arms are different and the biggest difference is the shocks. They are tuned and an internal bypass, not quite as good as an external bypass, but not a trophy truck either.

Now i can understand some electronic helpers in it, but wheel travel is what helps get it through places a normal truck would struggle. I have seen numerous guys put raptor suspension and fiberglass fenders and have a poor mans raptor, but it does the same thing.

There are also aftermarket suspensions that are miles better than the raptor, and a lot of raptor owners sell off the stock stuff to get these. They are not cheap, but neither is a new/used raptor. A locker added to the back is easy enough, as long as your gearing is ideal(prob not) for the 35’s the raptor runs.

Grab a Ford Ranger and drop a crate motor in it. Add/rework a manual trans, stiffen up the suspension and drop in a 5.0L/302 crate engine with 435bhp. Of course if you feeling extra froggy opt for a Ford stroker with 500+bhp. Add some meats and go pound the streets or dirt.

f361eb7e182a4cc495c0dd84a349b51d.jpg

Grab a Ford Ranger and drop a crate motor in it. Add/rework a manual trans, stiffen up the suspension and drop in a 5.0L/302 crate engine with 435bhp. Of course if you feeling extra froggy opt for a Ford stroker with 500+bhp. Add some meats and go pound the streets or dirt.

f361eb7e182a4cc495c0dd84a349b51d.jpg
The problem is that truck isn’t on the same planet as a raptor with regard to suspension and handling dynamics. It also doesn’t have a warranty

I have a gen 2 2017 Raptor. Went from a 2014 SVT raptor to the gen 2.

The truck I always wanted and now I have it … I Rule!

I got 14 mpg on the Gen 1
Getting 18.5 on the Gen 2 as so far the displays says, but it could be lying.. If it is I don't wanna know. Only issue I have had is stupid jeep guys always trying to drag race you for some reason. And Fords twin panel moon roof has a leaking issue.

The cam phasers also like to go out on the raptors ( Some right off the lot) but its a common and known issue and they address it quickly.

Tundras are too expensive for what you get
GM took the bail out money from Obama....
Ford Man all the way here.

Last edited:
For me the Raptor is the only reason to go half ton and not an actual truck I can do work shit with, but I’ve always taken a pass on them. I’ve considered one, they sure look fun and all, but then I come back to the better idea of a used one ton, trailer and a SBS for less money, and can run far more USFS roads that are width restricted. I just can’t bring myself to play hard with the same vehicle that has to get me to the job site dark and early Monday morning, so I know I’d never get the real use out of a Raptor.

I've worked Ford parts for the past 25 years on the service counter. I can tell you this, we rarely see them in the shop and our customers beat the hell out of them.

Trucks are expensive these days and in my opinion, most aren't worth the money just looking at the parts lists. The raptor is the lone exception, they knocked this one out of the park and I'm amazed that MSRP isn't higher. If I could get one on D plan, there would be one in my driveway.

I have built more than a few overland vehicles w Camburg LT w top of the line Fox remote reservoir shocks. Hands down the Fox Live wire shocks in the Raptor is the best ride. I will take 40 mph corners at 80-90 mph like she's on rails.

MSRP is high on these vehicles, than add a extended warranty plus tax. I won't tell you what i spent cause it makes me sick......but every vehicle i have bought, i end up dropping 10-20k in the suspension plus my time. Pay up front or pay later. Its only money guys. Trust me you will enjoy it.

I usually keep my daily drivers for 7-8 years in the northeast. Nothing wrong w older vehicles. I have a few older toys.

Look me up in 10 years, i will still be driving my Raptor. Im sure it will have a new engine in it by than tho. Bigger turbos next year

For all the aficionados: Do the Raptors have the insufferable Start-Stop """"Feature"""" ?
Have a 2013 Platinum F-150 Steel Body with the 6.2 ; 128K and still runs like a scalded dog.

Last edited:
For all the aficionados: Do the Raptors have the insufferable Start-Stop """"Feature"""" ?
Have a 2013 Platinum F-150 Steel Body with the 6.2 ; 128K and still runs like a scalded dog.
Had mine turned off in the tune.

No way in hell I would by a full size truck with a six banger in it, naturally aspirated or otherwise.

Im pushing almost 550hp 610 lb-ft. Almost to much if the roads are wet and you try to pass someone at 55 plus. Dry roads i can break the tires loose in the first 5 gears and at that point your over 80mph. A properly tuned Raptor is no joke.

I towed my Jeep (4300 lbs) on a car hauler trailer plus had over 1200 lbs in the bed. Total of 7200 pounds added weight up the PA mountain at 80, didn't even know it was behind me.

So you’re not familiar with turbochargers then?
Oh, I am, did you miss the "naturally aspirated or otherwise" part? My LML is putting 605hp and 1050tq to the ground and it doesn't have to pipe fake engine sound through the stereo. That is the gayest shit I have ever heard. The Twin Scroll turbo I6 in my wife's X3 is fun.

Edit: I had a 6.2 raptor and it was an absolute blast to drive. I have to close friends with the EcoRaptor and I have driven both. Hard pass.

Last edited:
Ride in one. It feels like a 496 bb
That is a no shitter, my buddy went from the Gen 1 6.2 to the one with the 5.0, then to the 3.5 Ecoboost. Even coming from me which I love turbo charged engines I was skeptical till I drove it. It's really fast and pulls hard stock. I'm trying to talk him into turbos, injectors, tune, and the rest of the support gear for it. Should put it right about 700 hp and run on pump gas or E85 still.

Im pushing almost 550hp 610 lb-ft. Almost to much if the roads are wet and you try to pass someone at 55 plus. Dry roads i can break the tires loose in the first 5 gears and at that point your over 80mph. A properly tuned Raptor is no joke.

To the wheels probably, you are correct... even the latest 2.7 is a powerhouse compared to previous NA v8's.

A stock 3.5 raptor will leave a first gen 6.2 raptor for dead, no contest.
I have driven both on separate occasions, not head to head. So I'll have to take your word for it I guess. It's not the impression I got. If I was going to play Raptor again, I'd find a nice 6.2L and throw a Hellion turbo kit in it. Then you'd have something to talk about. Or look at the Hennessey Velociraptor.

Last edited:
I can't speak to the gen 2 Raptors.....because I'm still in my 2010 O.G. SVT Raptor! I've got 135K on it and I still love it. I've stepped laterally from the Fox shocks to AFE Sway Away on all four corners but other than that, it goes everywhere I want to go, does what I want to do. I have had it brown to the top of the windows more times than I care to think about and it just plain does the job in style.