• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gen 2 vs Gen 1 Ckye pod wobble.

Helislacker

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2018
Just curious, has anyone here compared the wobble/tolerances in the Gen 1 Ckye Pod compared to the Gen 2 Ckye pod? I have a Gen 1 and although I’m happy with it, it has quite loose tolerances and rattles a bit. I still quite like it and am impressed with the versatility, so this isn’t a knock on MDT. I understand the Gen 2 ckye pod is supposed to have better tolerances, but haven’t seen a comparison yet to determine if it’s significant or noticeable.

Appreciate it

Check this thread:

Littlepods comment #10

I've had a wobbly gen I Ckye for a year or two now and just followed his instructions and it took the wobble out.

Check this thread:

Littlepods comment #10

I've had a wobbly gen I Ckye for a year or two now and just followed his instructions and it took the wobble out.

It's not just the pan, it is loose in every aspect of adjustment. I wondered this same thing when I received mine a few yrs ago. I actually did not even know there was a gen 1 and 2. Thanks for the info.

I have not owned a gen1 because they are so sloppy but I have shot a couple rifles with the gen1 and have played with several.

I just bought and received a gen 2 short leg PRS and will say it’s not any where near as sloppy as the gen 1s...the pan and tilt are both tight and smooth the legs lock pretty tight but I have not shot with it yet but will post back with more after I use it a little.

The one I played with had a lot less slop in it. Rather than buying a new one just to remedy that issue I used a shim kit and now it’s at least 50% better.

I have a set of the Gen 2 and there is deff slop in it, deff not a fan for the effing price of these things

Reactions: JKGTR