• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters German Precision Optics GPOTAC 45 15-45x60 Spotting Scope

NomadNick

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2022
Cleveland Texas
Does anyone have experience with the German Precision Optics GPOTAC 45? It reminds me of the Hensoldt Spotter 45. Its a good price point and has a reticle as well.

I picked one up from cameralandny.com (best price I found) a few months back. Goal was to get more reach than my Kowa TSN-661 25x with quality glass and trying not to break the bank. A Leupold Mk4 was an option, but saw the GPOTAC 45’s review and gave a shot. It’s well built, shorter than my Kowa and the glass are right there. Just haven’t found a nylon case for it.

Last edited:
I have a GPO scope and a Bino harness/case. Love em both. Thinking of trying this spotter as well. Someone did a mini-review on 24 Hour Campfire and spoke favorably. Called it a better Mk4.

Contact @gr8fuldoug at Cameraland. He has the best prices on GPO' I've found.

I picked up one of the GPO TAC45s a few months back from CameraLand as well. The christmas tree style reticle I really like (probably one of the strongest selling points), makes milling targets easy although it mostly has half mil marks with 1/4 mil marks on the lower horizontal stadia lines. I think there was a need for something like this in this price range coming in almost half of what a Leupold Mark 4 will run. The glass is pretty good in the lower 2/3 of the power range, falls off a bit as is expected in the price range at the higher magnifications. But I can see trace when set up behind the shooter at 20-25 power. The parallax adjustment is decent but somewhat sensitive in my opinion, again at the higher magnification. For the price range, I would much rather have the GPO over the bushnell, vortex or any other offerings I know of in that price range. I would not call it a better Mark 4 though.

Attachments

• GPO 1.jpg
    GPO 1.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 29
  • GPO 2.jpg
    GPO 2.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 29