• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Getting another MWS, cant decide on......

mstennes

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
North Central Washington
So I sold my DSA FAL Para, over the weekend, along with my SCAR 17, I have one MWS with a SS 20" barrel setup for long range, I want to get another MWS, but I cant decide on a 16" chrome lined or 16" Stainless barrel, thoughts? I guess I should ad that I plan on using it for a do all FAL/SCAR 17 replacment rifle, with a bias toward accuracy, and portabilty, ie truck rifle.

Re: Getting another MWS, cant decide on......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstennes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I sold my DSA FAL Para, over the weekend, along with my SCAR 17, I have one MWS with a SS 20" barrel setup for long range, I want to get another MWS, but I cant decide on a 16" chrome lined or 16" Stainless barrel, thoughts? </div></div>

Seems to me the chrome lined barrels have been producing relative accuracy to the stainless. Personal choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">chrome lined and yes it can be cut. </div></div>
Wish I lived in a free state where I could shorten one. I was leaning SS as I have a unfired CL in my safe off my 20"

How far are you going to be shooting? The SS MAY only get you a .25MOA better group over the chrome lined.. is it worth the extra cost for a marginal increase?? That is up to you and your needs/budget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How far are you going to be shooting? The SS MAY only get you a .25MOA better group over the chrome lined.. is it worth the extra cost for a marginal increase?? That is up to you and your needs/budget. </div></div>

Is this really happening, .25MOA better groups from stainless?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking it'd be noticeably better. </div></div>

I think that most women should fall in love with me at first sight, but I don't know that it's happening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking it'd be noticeably better. </div></div>

I think that most women should fall in love with me at first sight, but I don't know that it's happening.</div></div>

I think that most women fall in lust with me at first sight, then things start happening, then I'm getting in trouble with the wife.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking it'd be noticeably better. </div></div>

I think that most women should fall in love with me at first sight, but I don't know that it's happening.</div></div>

I think that most women fall in lust with me at first sight, then things start happening, then I'm getting in trouble with the wife. </div></div>

I guess it's not happening for me then. Damned

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How far are you going to be shooting? The SS MAY only get you a .25MOA better group over the chrome lined.. is it worth the extra cost for a marginal increase?? That is up to you and your needs/budget. </div></div>
Not enough to pay the differance, what say 600 max? I have other rifles for long range work. I went with a CL barrel, I figured if I feel the need for chrome, I can buy one.