• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting banned from ARFcom

WVshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
NC
So I lurked for a while over there checking out the LaRue forum and watching the shipping update threads and such since I ordered a rifle. I never felt like there was anything to add before but I recently started to participate a little.

That lasted about three weeks and I got myself banned. I wasn't initially proud of this but after the dealings with the moderator in emails I came to think it was for the best. The LaRue nut hugery there was almost overwhelming.

I was drinking some beer the other night and read a post from a guy talking about being on the fence about going to a three gun match because he was shooting 4" groups at 100 yards with his LaRue and a red dot.
I suggested he stay home, quit being a pussy and practice shooting more.
I then referenced shooting much better groups with a red dot on my LWRC just because.

He had a witty response so I thanked him for having a sense of humor and mentioned something about better ammo and practice.
The next day I was banned.
Dealing with the moderator got amusing when he finally told me I would have to call LaRue and apologize and ask to be let back on the site. At this point I used colorful language to inform him I would not return.

If nobody here gives a shit that's fine. Just thought it was a funny rant.

Dan

I think tact is key when dealing with certain moderators, particularly when you know you are in the right and they are just being dicks. Based on what you have posted, I think an apology and begging for acceptance back to the forum is dumb and over kill.

I personally had an issue with the mods on Florida gun forum. The first time I was banned I had posted a question to a seller, and did not have all the info required in my bio to sell anything. After an explanation of the over site, the mod realized that I had posted hundreds of posts in other areas, and that was the first time I posted in the classifieds, so it must have been an honest mistake. The next time I was banned, I had posted some stuff for sale that I wanted to sale locally. I listed everything with a price like I was supposed to except one small item, which I stated I would throw in to the mix for free if a person would take enough of the other stuff, otherwise make an offer. I know I was supposed to have price, but I got this big long email about how their site was not an auction site and I had a very short time (I think they said 1 hour) to fix my post. Well I did not get the email until I got home from work, so guess what an additional email about how I was banned for blatantly ignoring them and blah, blah, blah, but would have my account re activated as soon as I gave them a good reason why I ignored them and fixed my post. I just ignored them, and figured that forum was not worth going to anymore.

Just my 2cents and my experience.

Pretty good chance of getting banned from ANY site if you don't "kiss ass" on their sponsors. In fact, I'm surprised you weren't attacked by at least 30 "fan boys", for not saying up front, "Well, without a LaRue rifle, I wouldn't even practice....." otherwise, you see what happens, and it's not just on that site! I'm glad you're here-you'll have a better time anyway......Good post.

I think it's a mandatory thing to get banned at that site at least once. Biggest problem there is the fact there are WAY too many moderators and the method required to be unbanned is to work things out with the moderator who banned you. Which is the stupidest fucking thing ever because if a moderator doesn't like you and bans you, you're NEVER getting back in.

I myself got banned there back in 2005 I believe because I wasn't 18 yet. After I turned 18, I contacted the moderator who banned me and he let me back in and seemed to not even remember banning me. I don't post much in their forums due to the abundance of CoD mall ninjas and the fact the forum moves way too fast for my taste. I instead just use their chat room.

Yeah... I don't get on that forum because I know I'd be banned. Not for language but because so many idiots in one place it can't end well.

I got banned for stating what I would do if an idiot doctor worked the system and had the state take my child away from me.

Ha ha, this is some good shit. I guess everybody fucks up at a forum at some point if you participate and aren't a total nut hugger. I'm sure you can fuck up here too but from what I've read there are a lot more adults here that can take a little shit talking and dish it out without crying to the Mods.

I never visit arfcom because I find the website a total mess and hard to navigate. It also doesn't appeal to me that it is run like a fascist state.

But I'm still curious on what went wrong there. Is there one or a couple of stories behind it all or is the short answer "because arfcom".

A friend of mine got temporarily banned on M14forum over a post that was over two years old, and happened to have the word "shit" in it. They have a no tolerance policy for language... Unless you are friends with the mods. Another member their had the word "bitch" in his title ( it was for a joke), and nothing. I informed the mods that if they wore going to ban for language, that they needed to do it for everyone. That got nowhere. Guess you have to be part of the inner circle to get away with shit like that.

Those mods are way too heavy handed anyway. I only go there to buy parts anymore.

I'll probably get banned from M14 forum for this post.

10341550_10154145577645062_7187675034710899487_n_zpsa2980ce8.jpg

Seems like a lot of these sites are used to exploit the sale of various items, with little actual participation by those doing so. JMHO

yea i got warned for a honest review on a nevada forum. apparently a negative honest review on a sponsor is a big no no. at least they just delete the post and let you know not to do it.... still irks me since if i owned a business i would welcome the negative reviews, businesses should thrive on making the bad experiences a good one which 1 or 2 have on the forum and they will continue to get my business.

As for larue, i do enjoy their products not a fan boy but 2 of my ars sport their rails.

another reason i like this site, they just let you go im guessing the people who are thin skinned went back to the other forums where crying mod gets a ban over a laugh and a your crying about that?

There is one part of barfcom thats okay IMO, and thats the area that a lot of the high-level 3-gun shooters answer questions and hang out at or whatever. Other than that, that place has to be the biggest idiot magnet youve ever seen in the internet gun-land. Hell, even Mr Erik Prince himself(Blackwater founder) poked fun at them, albeit indirectly, over their worship of Travis Haley and his video smoke-checking Maadi Army.

it happens, got banned from their subforum over repeatedly calling them out over nonsense. from stuff like shooting 1 moa targets at 1000 yards with a rifle that is just a hair under 1MOA with rounds that are going subsonic at 900 yards. on most of the planet a subsonic 175 grain 30 cal blows at a 1000, not on planet larue. how vocal they are in regards to supporting the troops while opting out of participating any stuff like the m4 product improvment, the IC test or the m110 carbine test. add in the countless threads of simpletons fighting over who has the coolest special addition dillo

M4carbine dot net is a good place. High Road has too many attention whores. I don't visit there anymore since the big split abd all the legal drama from the owners.

M4carbine dot net is a good place. High Road has too many attention whores. I don't visit there anymore since the big split abd all the legal drama from the owners.

Meh, me and the owner had it out...I gives a shit...

I got banned from 1911 forums for re-visiting a topic...actually it was for suggesting the 19111 may have seen it's day.

Everyone has their little fiefdom they want to protect.

Bob

"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Apologizing to a manufacturer for a product review: BS.

Although, LaRue is from Texas?

LaRue is meh and stuck in the early 2000s with tech. Compared to where other USA made companies are now, marketing is their main seller.

I got banned from The High Road because they're a bunch of thin-skinned little faggots over there. Tell them the truth, and it doesn't mesh with their personal philosophy, and you get a warning. I told them to fuck off on their sight and via message. I hate thin-skinned, insecure pussies. Oh, and a lot of them pretend to be military/ex-military - I wonder what fucking pussy-faggot military they were in, that they can't handle another opinion and/or truth? French? Brazilian? Lesotho?

I got banned from Gunboards of all places.

Why?

Someone asked something about why there isn't much interest/information about French weapons. I replied with it was because they didn't have enough time with them as they were all surrendering right after they got them.

One of the moderators apparently lost their shit over this and wrote me a long ass tirade. I can't remember who it was but he wanted me to apologize in the post and went on and on about the brave french and whatever shit. I simply replied with lolfrance

Last edited:
The site Long Range Hunting, a.k.a. the huskemaw scope love fest, run by len bacus, is nothing more than a front to push crap like the huskemaw scope. God forbid you have a harsh word to say about the price or quality of their favorite piece of optical wonderment!!!
Bacus must be getting some kind of kick back, or other consideration for shilling the things, enough said.

The High Road bounced me for some hypotheticals I posted regarding TEOTWAWKI/SHTF scenarios. Said I was advocating killing police officers.
Never said anything like that, said there might be times/circumstances police might be fair targets, said it conversationally, referencing some historical points of fact in Sarajevo and Beirut - among other places - where police became de facto warlords, organized criminals.

They're not only thin-skinned, but paranoid and functionally illiterate too.

Context is everything.

Don't miss that place at all.

Suspended for seven days from THR for using WTH (the letters, not actual words). 1911 sent me a warning and assessed demerits because I started a thread about Nighthawk leather in the Nighthawk forum. Should have used the holster forum. I can only imagine the horror the membership felt when they clicked on the thread expecting a discussion about 1911s and saw it was about holsters for 1911s. I'll bet some still have nightmares.

Both are very PC. ARFCOM has too many teenagers.

Barfcom is nothing but a bunch of pretentious gear queers neckbeards

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

M4carbine dot net is a good place......

Good place as long as you "stay in your lane" and never have a thought different than the hive. Or sing the praises of something G&R doesnt sell.

There is some good info there you just have to wade through a lot of shit to find it. The hero worship on that site is second to none and the drama is second only to a large group of 14 year old girls.

IMO of course.

Last edited:
Good place as long as you "stay in your lane" and never have a thought different than the hive. Or sing the praises of something G&R doesnt sell.

There is some good info there you just have to wade through a lot of shit to find it. The hero worship on that site is second to none and the drama is second only to a large group of 14 year old girls.

IMO of course.

That about covers it. "This has been covered before, use the search function."

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Larue mounts are crap. ADM or bobro, or others... are way better. Barfcom faggotry won't change this fact.

What's so special about the others vs. Larue?

I'm passively looking at Aimpoints & QD mounts.

What's so special about the others vs. Larue?

I'm passively looking at Aimpoints & QD mounts.
The others hold and return to zero... larues don't. Period. ... and I don't give a flying fuck who says different. I've never tried to like a piece of kit as hard as I tried to like the larue mounts, mainly because I knew what would happen if I dared say anything negative about them anywhere.

HAHAHA the assclowns at "the high road". They used to have some retard policy about mentioning zombies period. Got banned the first day for something silly i dont remember. Then the zombie ammo came out and all the zombie craze guns came out. I made another account and asked what are they gonna do now about that, in a smartass way, got banned and an epic back and forth commenced with myself and some moderator clown, wish I woulda screenshot all of that......

Barf.com = a public school elementary playground.

One can do much, much better.

Q: Why are the roads in France lined with trees?

A: Zee Germans like marching in the shade.

What?

This shit's hilarious. It's funny how many people get booted from a few other sites. I've run into a lot of douches on a few other gun forums I've tried but I've got to say the Hide has been the best resource for me since I decided to build a rifle up and start shooting at longer ranges. The information resources and the killer deals I've gotten from vendors and fellow Hiders have made this my go to site.

I think all those on the BARFCOM Ban Wagon should make a vid like this guy did when banned from SA.

:D

Last edited:
I get a few day vacation from accurate shooter every other month or so. They are based in california so if you trash ca you get a vacation. The users there are very anti-gun and thin skinned. Question any rule in BR shooting and get chastised at a minimum. The best vacation I got was when I asked if they thought it was ok to flag a person with the bolt out. Shit storm is the best term to describe what came next. I pushed the subject and got a week off and the thread deleted.

Afdc can eat freds ass.

I can't understand how people let stuff on the internet affect them to the point of getting banned. You can decide what you take in you know.

Sent from my SCH-I500

I remember getting banned for like a week or month from the 'hide years ago. When I was a new member I didnt have enough posts to post in the classifieds so I posted a link of my For Sale ad in my sig lol. Some people thought it was funny and smart but it did get me banned temporarily haha.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fUTDU3Zj6I0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still have an active membership there, but haven't used it in years.
Which, given my increased level of don't-give-a-fuckedness lately, is probably the only reason I'm not banned.
Maybe if I have some free time this weekend I'll go see if I can get crossed off their Christmas list.

I still have an active membership there, but haven't used it in years.
Which, given my increased level of don't-give-a-fuckedness lately, is probably the only reason I'm not banned.
Maybe if I have some free time this weekend I'll go see if I can get crossed off their Christmas list.

this is a results based exercise, not attempts. there is not try, only do!!!

I've been banned once from here for a short time. Bachelor Jack decided to be a whiney bitch after I decided not to buy an item of his. I posted publicly that my offer was retracted and sent him a PM as well. His pussy turned inside out over this I guess. He told me I was going to buy the item (like he was going to force me to), then when I refused he made a big public spectacle over it. He pissed me off so said i was going to signed him up for about 50 different free magazine subscriptions and non stop junk mail. I didn't actually do it, but acted like it did. This made his sore pussy convulse violently and ooze bitch drip. I don't remember which mod it was, I think Mike, but he gave me a "time out". It was supposed to be for a month, but it was only for 4 days.

Last edited:

IMO of course.
Can't disgaree with that. pistol-forum.com is much the same.

I can't understand how people let stuff on the internet affect them to the point of getting banned. You can decide what you take in you know.

Sent from my SCH-I500
Sometimes it is hard to really comprehend what someone writes in text on a forum. I get banned when I go to any of the political forums, I believe in half of the republican and half of the democrat view points so I end up being the outsider in a gang bang political forum.