• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Getting my first custom knife

GMR

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2010
Prescott AZ
www.gmrperformance.com
Where I live there are a few custom knife builders in town. Mad Dog ( Kevin) and Sauer knives. I choose Sauer knives. He is building a combat/ hunting version. Will post up pics as it goes along. I did not go the damascus route only due to price but they sure are nice. I will be right at 450 for the final product. He is Currently building the Combat knives for McMillian as well.

Never had a true custom knife, that is built to my specs. Gotta say pretty excited!!!

Re: Getting my first custom knife

Congrats! I got my first custom a few years back. It's nice to get EXACTLY what you want!

I have always wanted to go this route just to have something to call my own. I currently carry a San Mai Tanto that takes everything but I think I may have to shelve that knife for something a little more fitting for my needs. I also feel I would like to support an individual and have something to my specs then to buy an of the shelf knife from a massive company. I can't wait to see some pictures!

Well I still do not know how to post the pictures up. But the knife is coming along killer!!! I am going to cerka coat the blade myself. Then he will complete the last few items.

I agree on getting one that fits "your" needs. Overall legnth is a biggie. Over 10.5 inches is just too big for 98% os all things you need it for. Size of your hand to fit the handle etc, all of these things are taken care of with this blade.