• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Ghillie after mudbath

reclaimer1986

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2011
I've been messing around with some different materials & techniques, here are a couple boonie/pack covers and capes I was working on. They're not quite done yet, but I've learned a lot. Will use what I learned to start new all brown pieces next week.

DSC_0183.jpg

Green base cover
DSC_0186.jpg

Transitional (red was added after mud bath & will be sprayed mostly brown)
DSC_0187.jpg

Lightweight green base cape
DSC_0189.jpg

Woodland cape, still working on this one

The idea is something you can leave in a stuff sack, and quickly attach without needing a full suit.

Re: Ghillie after mudbath

Update: working on a few new pieces. No mudbath yet but they are coming along nicely, the shine will go away. Criticism is welcome.

DSC_0185.jpg

reversible grass piece

DSC_0187-1.jpg

flipped over.
DSC_0189-1.jpg

A larger unstained piece, will spray in field if needed
DSC_0190.jpg

back.

The stuff sack is 2x height of a head.

I wouldn't really call that a mud bath. Do do a good ghillie wash/mud bath you need to get it muddy, here is an example.

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

After it is completely soaked and muddy it needs a good dragging to separate the fibers.
IMG_0136.jpg

Then sit that bad boy in the sun until it is dry. Then bang, smack, rake out the mud from your ghillie.

Should have something like this.
IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0146-1.jpg

Hope this helped.

Very very helpful post. I did about the same- dug a pit and added water, soaked everything for an hour, sun dried for a few days and beat the hell out of it. I think the dirt in that spot wasn't the best, almost everything came off after I smacked it up.

I will give it a second round when I do the new pieces. Thanks for the tips.

so somthing ive always been currious about was the netting that is used to attach the jute or burlap?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taxman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so somthing ive always been currious about was the netting that is used to attach the jute or burlap? </div></div>

Any sort of nylon netting will work.