• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft ghillie in progress

jdulaney

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
brookland, ar
I was doing the netting but i didnt like the way i did so i started over with paracord.
2012-08-28_16-43-24_640.jpg

Re: ghillie in progress

May I suggest cutting vents in the back and replace the material with a laundry bag or some sort of net... you may find this current set up you have to be rather warm.... just my .02

Looks good so far. I bet it took some hours to see that para cord into place. Are you going to add any artificial foliage? If you are, what do you have in mind?

You can use either a half hitch (the first knot you use when you tie your shoe) or a larks head both work well they just lay slightly differently the larks head you fold the cords in half so you have a loop then pass the loop under your paracord and then pull the ends back through the loop if that makes sense.

Looks good, I've never seen someone use p-cord like that for a suit. I have 3 ghillie suits that I've made plus a hood I got from a competition, very tedious work all the tying and looping. If I may make a suggestion go lite on the burlap/jute, and veg heavy. Take some rubber bands the wider the better and loop them in your suit when you take to the field, they work great for quick veg attachment. Then just keep a ziploc bag of the bands handy with you to re-veg when you hit a new area during your movement.