• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ghillie Suit vs 3D leafy camo. Help me settle this please.

No. References here:

ever thought about a tall trash bag it can double as rain gear if it's wet outside you can attach twigs and sticks if that's your thing and the cost is really low making them easy to replace
shopping

:giggle:

I’m going to go ahead and vote no on this one. as far as the question (are they the same.) according to the way I see it at least.

A leafy suit is designed to look like leaves and blend in with a specific area.

A ghillie is designed to look like nothing, and be a base to attach your majority of natural vegetation from the area you are in to again look like nothing but dead space. It is designed to work in many different environments and as long as your base is light enough and you do a good 70/30 ish veg to jute they can work great.

They are not the same except that they are both a type of camouflage garment.

But for the question (is a 3D leafy suit a ghillie) I mean I guess technically by definition it would/could be considered one.

I’m not a scientist or anything, just a dude who has made and spent some time in a dirty smelly ghillie.

Not the same.

Ghillie can be a lot more adaptable to any environment, and are far superior against human detection IMO. Leafy suit you're kind of stuck to whatever is printed on the fabric...although deer don't really seem to care.

I love my leafy suits though. The Titan brand ones that I use are, cheap, super lightweight and don't start making me sweat like a whore in church. They certainly aren't as sturdy as a properly made ghillie though...but since I'm using it to walk to a stand and not crawl through every obstacle on the way I don't need the robustness.

Plus it doesn't take a lot to remove and cover your scent on a leafy suit, can even throw it in a washer if you had to (I hand wash). The one ghillie I made started to smell like a good combination of dead vegetation and stale onions. No getting that out with a spray bottle of scent eliminator.

Reactions: PO3JDA