• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giessele's new Super Dynamic Enhanced trigger....

trident1982

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2010
AL
Hi Gents, a few weeks back I received a new trigger to try out called the Super Dynamic Enhanced (SD-E)and this model along with two others will be included in a new lineup of GA triggers called the Super Dynamic series. The three models included in the series are as follows:

Super Dynamic Combat (SD-C): This is a 2 stage trigger oriented to combat and tactical shooting. It has a pull weight of (4.5-5lb) and carrot like 2nd stage break.

Super Dynamic Enhanced (SD-E): Very similar to the SD-C but the break is super crisp and a touch over 1 lb. (total pull weight 3.5lb)

Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD3G): This is a hybrid trigger with a linear pull before discharge. Very similar to the new S3G.

The key feature to these three new Super Dynamic units is the gently curved trigger bow that is moved 1/8" forward from the standard m4 position. The unique bow on the trigger enhances trigger control by sensitizing the trigger finger (round finger on flat trigger rather than round on round). Overall the pull seems lighter, more efficient, and more linear.

Now down to the specific model I received which is the SD-E. The last few years I have primarily focused on more precision based AR builds like Recce or SPR types and prior to using the SD-E, I had run a cpl. of KAC 2stage match triggers, a cpl. SSA's, and one LMT 2stage in my precision based AR's. I found those the best triggers that remained combat/duty rated yet yielded clean, crisp, reliable, and predictable breaks. The SSA's, KAC's and LMT are however lacking a bit of refinement for some people's taste in regards to true precision applications and that is where I think this new SD-E comes into the equation. This unit is non adjustable just like the SSA and while you can see it shares many processes and materials used in the construction of the SSA, its a totally different animal in feel. It has an outta this world crisp break that is extremely predictable with a stated #3.5 pull that actually feels a significant bit lighter to the naked touch(new bowed trigger). This SDE is turning out to be an excellent trigger for precision applications esp. in a hard use weapon and I intend to personally run a cpl. more of these units on a few other precision based builds I currently own.

After 1510 rds. I can happily report zero malfunctions, failures or otherwise wear on this unit. So up til this point this unit has been very impressive and the break on this unit will leave you thinking about it long after you pull the actually trigger:)

SSA VS. SDE pics....

2va1egn.jpg

osdbhh.jpg

1zx3z1e.jpg

6s9opj.jpg

Re: Giessele's new Super Dynamic Enhanced trigger....

love my SSA-E!

I have multiple Giessele triggers - 2 x DMR's and 2 x SSA's and they are easy to install and work great. Good review on the triggers. What is the price point for the triggers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, right now they are being sold at Midway....

SD-C

SD-3P

SD-E </div></div>
thanks, I guess a quick check could have answered my own questions
grin.gif

Bill had mentioned these to me a few weeks back when I was talking to him on the phone about some stuff. He's a stand up guy and everything he turns out is top notch, I'm sure it's no different with these!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know if they are gonna make an adjustable version? </div></div>

I am not sure about making these adjustable since that is at least for myself a huge selling point in the fact they are non adjusts. I can say though on these SD-E's that there isn't much to adjust:)

Was shooting this morning w. the new trigger (SD-E) and for a precision nut like myself this trigger is really amazing.

Based on the Midway description, the SD-C and SD-E are both two stage triggers and the SD-3P is closer to a single stage trigger in feel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Based on the Midway description, the SD-C and SD-E are both two stage triggers and the SD-3P is closer to a single stage trigger in feel? </div></div>

That is correct...in very general terms the SD-C is much like the SSA and the SD-E is much like the SSA-E....that said, this new redesigned trigger bow w. flat faced trigger really effects the overall feel and so the SD-E is much more linear than anything Ive ever felt and the SD-3P is supposedly even more linear...similar to a 1911's trigger.

I have the regular S3G and I wouldn't say it's similar to a 1911 trigger, at least not the 1911's I've fired. It is a single stage, but there is a definite take up or pre travel before the break.

Thanks trident. I saw your post over on M4C and have been waiting for them to hit the shelves. This info has been very helpful for my next build. Sounds like the SD-3P is what I'm looking for.

I have a SD3G on the way too. From the way it is described is it like an M&P pistol trigger? I shot a range loaner in 9mm last week and to me I never felt any kind of break. The trigger was moving and 'bang' it would just go off. I shoot 2011s, so I'm used to a crisp trigger. Just a bit of movement, some resistance that breaks like rod with a short reset..

So I have a Match, SSA and now SD3G. The SD3g will be swapped into my 3gun lower that has a match right now. The match will go in my LMT MWS and the LMT 2-stage will..... I guess I'll have to get a new lower.

damn it i didn't need to see this! now i need new triggers

Aww man... So I just recently got an SSA-E... it's pretty nice, but now I see this. Guess I'll have to add it to the list. I love flat triggers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn it i didn't need to see this! now i need new triggers </div></div>

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking....crap.

Does anyone know if these triggers are MIM..I cant get an answer out of anyone at Geissele.And it looks like it has the MIM injection marks.Mine is holding up great but i dont want to spend that kind of money again if its a MIM trigger.

I don't think so as they're EDM cut. I will ask Geissele tomorrow as I need to talk to them about a past due order.

I think they are cast and then EDM'd. There are some pretty amazing alloys out there that can't be made any other way. I understand Bill has tested some to 250,000 cycles and the military is using quite a few.
I have been following these since they first came out and I have never heard of a failure.

I found out from Geissele today they are MIM but they use a hardened S7 steel..Thats very reassuring since S7 is a tool steel used on jackhammer bits..

putting the new E model in a Grendel precision rig--cannot wait
to try

Tried out an SD-E dryfire on a buddies gun last night, really like the flat shoe and crisp second stage. He had an extra one so I'm gonna try it out.

While this SD-E and SD-C will not be the perfect trigger for everyone...it's most certainly the best one Ive found to date by leaps and bounds.

On my initial t&e model I recently went over 5K rds., and I bet I have at least double that in dryfires on this unit.

These triggers are game-changers in the build's Ive put them in of mine thus far for damn sure:)

2qtwi38.jpg

30s9gk4.jpg

Installed mine, and in dryfire it's awesome, hope to get it to the range soon.

Looks nice I think Ill have to try one of these out on my build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shot a short video showing the SD-E. It's a two stage and the second stage breaks crisp and light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYmAPS944Wg&feature=youtube_gdata_player </div></div>

Thanks for sharing that nice clip with us rtr.

Gotta love a trigger that feels so damn good you want to throw it some youtube love
grin.gif

Words usually cannot come close to summing up what 10sec. of video can achieve. My love affair w. these triggers deepens each time out with them. Please keep us updated with your thoughts and experiences while running your new SD-E if you have the time.

I just put a Super 3 Gun(curved) in my LMT MWS. It brought the pull in at 3 3/8lbs in my lower. I had to remove the safety to get the LMT 2stage out. Very nice, not quite a single stage but close enough for my intended use. I can't wait to get to the range.

I also have two SSA's in ar15 platforms. I'm happy with both.

My hands are huge so the slightly longer flat trigger and a MIAD
are just perfect for a bit extra reach--now we need a group buy so I can get 6 more!!!

Re25, are you referring to the SD-E or the SD-C? The C model is on sale for $170, not the E. They have been at that sale price since roughly Jan 1st, I think. The sale was supposed to end on Jan 31st, but it looks like they've extended it another month. IIRC, when they were released at Midway, they were already at a sale price. Lower than what the original price is, but not as low as the current sale price.

Got some live fire in with my SD-E today, it felt really really good, no malfunctions or issues.

Ordering another from Midway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got some live fire in with my SD-E today, it felt really really good, no malfunctions or issues.

Ordering another from Midway. </div></div>

That is great to hear, I had received my initial T&E model a good bit prior to midway having them in stock and I checked prob. everyday until they became avail so that I could start to slowly transition from my SSA's and KAC 2stage match triggers to the SD-E/C's. Thanks for weighing in:)

Well I'm going to bump this old thread to ask a related question.

I'm going to be getting a Giessele in my grendel and initially I was going to get the HS Nation Match but the more I think about it I'm changing my mind, now I'm between either the SD-E, SD-3G, or the S3G.

Can some one who's felt these triggers please tell me the differences detween them.

I really like the short reset of the 3 gun models, I don't know how the SD-E compairs.

Thanks Guys

We are running them on a couple of 6.5BR long range rifles, they are good but not adjustable like the HS-DMR triggers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLebowski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I'm going to bump this old thread to ask a related question.

I'm going to be getting a Giessele in my grendel and initially I was going to get the HS Nation Match but the more I think about it I'm changing my mind, now I'm between either the SD-E, SD-3G, or the S3G.

Can some one who's felt these triggers please tell me the differences detween them.

I really like the short reset of the 3 gun models, I don't know how the SD-E compairs.

Thanks Guys </div></div>

If for a prescion gun get the SSA-E or SD-E. The 3G models are built for speed. They feel like a single stage even thought they are 2 stages. The 2 stages are blended perfectly. 3G triggers are supper fast with a short reset. However, you cannot precisely predict the break like you can with a SSA-E or SD-E. As for flat trigger or curved. I have used both and like them both. I prefer the flat for 3G and curved for precision. Difference is small and I would use either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If for a prescion gun get the SSA-E or SD-E. The 3G models are built for speed. They feel like a single stage even thought they are 2 stages. The 2 stages are blended perfectly. 3G triggers are supper fast with a short reset. However, you cannot precisely predict the break like you can with a SSA-E or SD-E. As for flat trigger or curved. I have used both and like them both. I prefer the flat for 3G and curved for precision. Difference is small and I would use either. </div></div>

Well after reading this I might go with the SD-E, it sounds like it would be the best for what I want out of this rifle.

Is the main difference between the SD-E and SD-3G the lack of a distinct second stage with the 3G, is the reset shorter on the SD-3G than the SD-E?

Is the only difference betreen the SD-3G and the S3G the flat trigger shoe?

Thanks for the responses

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLebowski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Well after reading this I might go with the SD-E, it sounds like it would be the best for what I want out of this rifle.

Is the main difference between the SD-E and SD-3G the lack of a distinct second stage with the 3G, is the reset shorter on the SD-3G than the SD-E?

<span style="color: #FF6666">Yes and Yes. the 3G's feel as if they are the best single stage you could imagine. 3G's reset is super short. SD-E and SSA-E is short but not in same league as the 3G's </span>

Is the only difference betreen the SD-3G and the S3G the flat trigger shoe?

<span style="color: #FF6666">As far as I can tell yes. You can always call Geisselle and they will let you know.</span>

Thanks for the responses
</div></div>

No bad choices just meant for different things. Good luck.

Hi I just built my second mega ma 10 308 build this last week
this second build is identical to the first except for two things. I used a rainier 18" select barrel instead of a dpms sass barrel,and the Giessele new Super Dynamic Enhanced trigger instead of the RR nm trigger. Well what a letdown on this trigger...maybe I got a not so good one, or it needs break in time, but no way its worth more than twice the price of the rock river...candy cane like break on the second stage...poppypoop! I pulled out three of my ar's that have the rr triggers and tested against the Giessele....hate to throw a wet blanket on this supposedly great trigger....but it just isnt that great
frown.gif
Wash

Bump, I have an SSA in my SR-25 and an SD-E in my varmit .223, love both.

I just got one of these and while heavier feeling than my really worn in RRA NM and other Geisseles, it's easily the most crisp feeling of all of them, especially on the final stage break.

A buddy of mine has one as well, and I had suggested he get a Tactical Innovations lower with the fixed trigger pins that fit in steel inserts/bushings on the lower. His feels even better than mine. (lighter and crisper)

One thing to consider is that the lower could potentially have a poor geometry between the 2 trigger pins. Or they could have a sloppy fit. If that's not the case, then Geissele might have sent you a lemon. It happens. Send them an email or call them. See what they say.

Send it back to Geissele. I have never heard someone so disappointed with their trigger before. They don't need breakin time and should be g2g out of the box. Geissele has excellent customer service and will be happy to discuss it with you. I would bet they would replace it or refund.