• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gifted something kinda cool….

hangunnr

Team Shutupnshoot
Minuteman
May 7, 2002
Flatlandia
First off let me state that these are not for sale, I’m not fishing for PMs to sell. If they ever come up for sale I’ll have a green name and they’ll be posted below.

Was given these from a dealer as he won’t sell reloads. He knows I have the facilities to pull them down for components. They are dated 1967, 1970 and 1972.

After looking it appears that someone had Mexican Matched the original ammo. I pulled down 2 partial sleeves and one had 168smk and the other 190Smks. They still have the original lacquer sealed primers. The “tar” bullet sealant was still in the case neck.

4KlSCP.jpg

V3iYjr.jpg

Would there be any value to the guys that put together the vintage rifles and all the period correct kit to go with it?

I ‘d hate to destroy them just for some decent brass. There can’t be all that much match virgin brass left from that era.

…….again Mods, not for sale…..🙂

Reactions: PJC
Just don't screw up the antique boxes. They at least make for some decent display accouterments when used with other period stuff.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Since they have been pulled and reloaded with different projectiles, I'd doubt they have much value at all. Probably be some interest on the boxes, but the tape is an issue. Still cool though.

The Box will pique the interest of some people

Last edited:
Sealed boxes are best for collection and display purposes. I’m still hunting for some 1969 dated M118 ammo boxes. However 1970 is still nice to display with an XM21 or M40 replica.

IMG_1338.jpeg

These are 1963 boxes, so a little too early.
IMG_7402.jpeg