• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Giraud issue?

mdmp5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2009
    I have a giraud, and I like it, but I seem to get uneven chamfer in the mouth. I've tried altering the grip on the brass, but it is still uneven inside. Personally, I think that 2 cutters would be ideal instead of one that rotates around the circumference of the mouth, but I don't know. Anyone else have the same observations as me?

Try inserting the case into the trimmer than rotate the case with a twist of the fingers keeping constant downward pressure on the case. Works well for me and get consistent results.

I hold the brass using a pair of pliers with padding, typically a paper towel folded multiple times, to protect the brass from getting damaged. Holding the pliers with the brass in place, I rotate the brass 360 degrees to get an even and consistant chamfer. For me, the benefit to using the pliers is that my fingers tend to cramp up just holding the brass in my fingers with or without gloves, and with the pliers I am able to achieve a consistant and repeatable hold and twist of the brass. This methods works for me to achieve a nice chamfer/debur and consistant trim length with very little deviation.