• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Giraud Trimmer

wburke2010

Minuteman
Just broke down and ordered the Giraud Case Trimmer it's gonna be a long two weeks for the wait. But after hearing all the reviews no better way to go. Ordering over the phone was painless and cs was top quality. Will update how I like when it shows up.

Walter

Re: Giraud Trimmer

Spend the extra money and get each shell holder and cutter for each caliber. You will love it.

Thanks for the advice. That was the main thing I called them about, which was the better way to go and that is what I will end up doing so that I don't have to mess with changing too much stuff.
Walter

The only way to fly. Giraud trimmer and cutter/shellholder for each caliber.

Yep, Giruad is awesome. Just finished buying the last of the stuff I wanted for the trimmer a couple of weeks ago. I've put thousands of pieces of brass through mine, still rockin like it's brand new.

Thanks that's good to hear guys. I figured I might as well buy the best stuff now, so it will last forever and I won't Have to do it again. This site has really put a hurting on my pocket thought. lol
Walter

I love mine and can't express how much it improved my efficiency in brass prep.

Congrats, it's worth the wait.

U will love it and I'm betting you will see it before two weeks. I think mine was 4-5 days.

Gotta say yes it kicks ass but high volume 223 prep your fingers will be hurtin.....308 & larger brass is much easier to hold on too. Still It's dam near impossible to beat! Money well spent!

Fwiw I like to use a rubber glove the purple surgical type gives you some grip for the 223 saves on the finger wear.

Looking forward to getting one for me. I am jealous of you right now. I still have 6 more months until I come home from 2 years in Okinawa Japan and finally settle down after 20+ years in the Marines. Enjoy - I hear they are the best and make quick work of the trimming chore.

Worth every penny. Wish I had bought one years ago....

is it the same as this,,my brother has and lets me use when I blast a bunch of 5.56,or 7.62.

1-21004.jpg

I recently got a Giraud. I had been using a Gracey trimmer for several years. I wish I could take the best features of both.

The Giraud has a lot of nice features not found on the Gracey, but it also has some downsides. For me, not being able to control the cutting profile is the main disadvantage of the Giraud. It gives you a knife edge on the case mouth - take it or leave it. The Gracey lets you adjust the amount of chamfer and deburring, and adjust for thicker or thinner brass. The Giraud is also a lot noisier, almost to the point of needing earplugs.

This is not meant to be a blanket criticism of the Giraud. It has a lot of advantages over the older Gracey design. It's just not the Cadillac I had hoped it would be. I'd really like to design one of my own that took the good points from each brand.

Yeah I've already got the annealer on my list of things to get. I have been use the lee hand trimmer to trim all my brass, then I bought the lyman and I couldn't stand it so I went back to doing it by hand.
Walter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Giraud is also a lot noisier, almost to the point of needing earplugs.
</div></div>

I guess the noise factor is relative to what you are used to. My Dillon with the vacuum going (to remove the shavings) was LOUD! To me, the Giraud is really quiet!

Got a 6.5 Grendel complete assembly for sale. Never used, still in wrapping. Paid $86.95, sell for $75.00 shipped

You'll love it. Also get the locking rings so when you change cutter/shell holders (i.e., caliber), you don't have to mess with adjusting. Makes it just a tad sweeter.

Radar86, Thanks for the heads up on that I plan on cutting 284 and 308 right now and a few more later on and anything to make it easier would be nice. What kind of the locking rings are you using.
Walter

Got the phone call today that mine is shipping tomorrow. I got all the inserts for everything I shoot (other than the Edge).

Almost through 4,000+ .223 cases with my Giraud.
2-3 seconds per case with the Giraud and that's it.

My Forster and RCBS case trimmers would have been a pain to do that many cases.

What a great invention and a super time saver.
No noise issues with me.

And the best part was two bobcat hides paid for mine!

.17 Remington cutter/shell holder is next on the list.

oh one of these days...I've got buckets of 5.56 just waiting. My father has one with all the fixins and its a dream to use. Does hurt the fingers after about 300rnds of 5.56 though

I bought this trimmer cause I wanted all my brass the same length evey time I loaded.
I've many steps to prepping precision brass/bullets and this trimmer took the 'worst' part from the process.

The Giraud Trimmer made 5.56 go from a chore to actually being fun. Then when I picked up the annealer....well life just gets better. They make quality products and their CS is great.

I am on the verge of breaking down and getting one. One thing I have not heard addressed before is how consistent are they? If you set it for say 2.010 how many out of 100 will be that length, how many would be over or under? I am fine if there is a +- of .002. Has anyone tested this out?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am on the verge of breaking down and getting one. One thing I have not heard addressed before is how consistent are they? If you set it for say 2.010 how many out of 100 will be that length, how many would be over or under? I am fine if there is a +- of .002. Has anyone tested this out? </div></div>

The Giraurd spaces off of the shoulder so if you have some non fire formed brass, you will get a different trim to length. I have found some differences in my wildcat that I trim but, I have chalked it up to the brass not being fully formed. I'll trim them after one more firing and that should tidy them up. I would expect a varience of 0.001" to be within tolerance of the machine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Munson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Does hurt the fingers after about 300rnds of 5.56 though </div></div>

As Doug says, if your fingers hurt, you are doing it wrong.

Been using mine for years .....love it.

Can't go wrong.

IMAG0064.jpg

Well it showed up today. After getting it out of the box and playing with it a little bit I can already tell it is well worth the money. Pictures of this thing online do it no justice at all. It is very well built, and is way above my expectations. A big thank you to everyone at Giraud tool this thing is amazing. Customer service is top notch and so is the product. Ready to start trimming some brass now. If anyone is thinking about buying one of these get on the list now it is well worth the money. Thanks again to Giraud.

Walter

Buying a Giraud Trimmer is one of the very best investments I have made in reloading. Amazingly fast, easy to use, easy to adjust and maintain. A great product and in my opinion, the best trimmer you can buy.

My Giraud trimmer showed up yesterday afternoon. This morning, I spent a couple of hours setting the case holders with locking die rings and setting trim lengths and trying the different caliber cutter heads. I bought case holders for .223 Rem., 308 Win., and 30/06. I bought spare cutting heads in .22, .26, .27 and .30 calibers.

I can now trim for .223 rem., 260 Rem., .270 Win., 308 Win. and 30/06.

It was pretty quick to switch out the cutter head to another caliber cutter head and set up trimming another caliber.

I have more money than time now and I like the ease of switching pre set cutter heads for the various calibers.

I've used the Gracey trimmer and the Dillon trimmer. The Giraud is by far the best set up.