• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

giraud trimmer

jwp6114

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2008
Newnan, GA
anyone want to sell there trimmer? or in GA and would rent it to me? looking to trim aprox 3000pc of 223.

Might be just as easy to get on the list and then resell the trimmer. Not to many of those are let go of on here. When they are sold, they sell in minutes. Mine is due in Feb cuz I got tired of trying to get one off the ee.

Im also ordering one as soon as he re-opens from holiday break. Im trimming so much right now the wft is even wearing my hands out.

The Giraud is badass and worth every penny. I had the Gracey before it. It SUCKED.

It is true that they tend to sit for months on end and then get a flurry of use - kinda like a chainsaw. If you were here in Utah, you could use mine (even though grandad used to say "never lend out a chainsaw"). If you knew several shooters locally, it would be a great idea to "go in on one".

Only thing that sucks for precision rifle is that you have to FL resize to use it.

I'm looking at his annealer next....just need to be convinced that I need to start annealing.

BTW if it's even remotely possible that you will use 50 BMG or 408 CT or whatever some day, get the Max-50 trimmer from Doug.

I'm with the others, just order one, wait on it, and don't look back. I did over 6k in one sitting on mine. Well, with a beer break/bathroom break, along the way! Yeah, my fingers were sore, but I never had anything else that I could do that many on, that quick. If cost is a consideration, buy one with a couple of friends. Personally, I don't like the partner thing very much, but it can work.

I don't remember ever seeing a used one for sale. Lightman

Got mine last May, couldn't help but giggle as I trimmed cases. Great investment, buy once cry once mentality.

I've got the annealing machine as well. I chose it over the competition because I've been so pleased with the trimmer, plus it's the only unit I'm aware of that is "autonomous" once you load it up. All the other (carousel style) ones I've seen require you to sit there and hand-feed cases in one by one.

With the Giraud, you can spend a couple minutes stacking cases on the feedplate, and then go about your business. NOT to say you can leave the room, or anything, but you don't have to sit there and be "feeder monkey" the whole time.

It does a nice job and I use it all the time.

I ordered 2 shell holders and 1 cutting blade assy before Christmas, got them 2 weeks later, Creedmoor Sports(I order from them so not to pay sales tax) said 12 weeks so I'm pretty happy, when I ordered my trimmer a couple years ago I was quoted 8 weeks, took 6 weeks

I've got the annealing machine as well. I chose it over the competition because I've been so pleased with the trimmer, plus it's the only unit I'm aware of that is "autonomous" once you load it up. All the other (carousel style) ones I've seen require you to sit there and hand-feed cases in one by one.

With the Giraud, you can spend a couple minutes stacking cases on the feedplate, and then go about your business. NOT to say you can leave the room, or anything, but you don't have to sit there and be "feeder monkey" the whole time.

It does a nice job and I use it all the time.

I annealed 5000 .223 last night - took 11-12 hours
about 25% of the time was servicing the operation, the rest reading a book

The Giraud is a great trimmer. I've owned a Dillon ( I load single stage so the Dillon wasn't for me) and Gracey (a good trimmer but Giraud smokes it). Sold them both for the Giraud. I bought shell holders for .223 Rem., 260 Rem., 270 Win., 308 Win and 30/06. Separate cutters in .22.26,.27 & .30 cal. I use the giraud often and changing over to a new caliber is less than two minutes!

I Couldn't be happier with the Giraud.

My trimmer showed up yesterday, quite earlier than the 12 week wait I was expecting, I didn't have a ton of time to play with it but finished setting it up for .223, 300blk, and 308win, just add hornady lock ring in place of the jam nut and there quick change, having the second cutter set up for .30 cal was key.

Trimmed a gallon size bag of sized, primer pocket swaged, mixed head stamp brass for pig or prairie dog shooting ammo in about an hour this morning.

My hats off to the Giraud family, what an excellent product, made in the good o'l USA. didn't have to adjust either cutter, they were spot on.

Ordered the annealer right as my trimmer shipped. Can't wait.

If you did not figure it out already, wear some somewhat tacky gloves while trimming, it will really save your fingers. I've used my trimmer enough to actually wear out gloves from the occasional case that spins when I jam it in there the wrong way.

Already trimmed over 2000 556 cases and formed several hundred 300blk cases...

Anealing machine on the way