• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giving Snipers a Bad Reputation

100's of shell casing and 17 transformers. Nope, not snipers

7.62x39, Nope, not snipers

Leaving brass behind, Nope, not snipers

I don't know.... Slipping into the night... They may be snipers in a hurry and on a budget.

How many snipers use a 7.62x39? Not any that I know of. Probably just a group of disgruntled ex employees or some other type of vendetta against the company. Also, they jumped to the conclusion of domestic terrorists pretty quickly, how do they know the perps were domestic?

How many snipers use a 7.62x39? Not any that I know of. Probably just a group of disgruntled ex employees or some other type of vendetta against the company. Also, they jumped to the conclusion of domestic terrorists pretty quickly, how do they know the perps were domestic?

I was thinking the same thing! AK 47's are primarily used by PROMED Terrorist groups (peasant revolutionaries of middle eastern decent)

Sorry, that article is so stupid over-hyped... it deserves stupid comments.

Some HV transformers have a 1 year lead time, and the list of mfgs is getting smaller and smaller all the time. The choke points are well known to those in the field, plus with the advent of the net, most of them are known to those who you would not want knowing. Software or hardware the day will come, those with vision have safe guards in place,... the sheep will keep being sheep, even the sheep dogs will not save them, from the coming. The wolves WILL WIN this round, be ready.

What? You lost me there!

I don't think we have wolves or sheep in Florida, too hot for both!

What is the difference between a safe guard and a dangerous one?

How many snipers use a 7.62x39?

Do you think the press knows the difference between a 7.62x39 case and a 7.62x51 case, or the difference between their asshole and a hole in the ground for that matter?

Anybody with a rifle can be a "sniper", but there is a big difference between a "sniper" and "a well trained sniper", and there is an even bigger gap between "a well trained sniper" and "an extremely proficient sniper".

I think some people decided to send a message: "we can do this whenever we find a weak spot and we will always be one step ahead". And I don't think they were foreigners.

Giving Snipers a Bad Reputation

Anybody with a rifle can be a "sniper"
That is the inaccurate point that the media is trying to make. We don't call anybody with a rifle a "sniper" because we know better.

Sounds more like "transformer shooters" than "snipers".
No one ever classified rednecks who shot stop signs as "sniper".........just rednecks.

Perhaps it wasn't so sinister.

Maybe some foolish kids who thought shooting one would make it explode like they do from time to time.
I am also willing to bet that they were not using an M110 like is in the photo on the link.

Sounds more like "transformer shooters" than "snipers".
No one ever classified rednecks who shot stop signs as "sniper".........just rednecks.

Perhaps it wasn't so sinister.

Maybe some foolish kids who thought shooting one would make it explode like they do from time to time.
I am also willing to bet that they were not using an M110 like is in the photo on the link.

I agree, this has nothing to do with snipers. Then again I'm not a sniper so what do I know, other than I'm not an idiot that shoots out other people's property. The gun culture has enough bad press without acts like this.

$.02

Former Fed Energy Reg. Commis. Jon Wellinghoff say s it was terrorism. Story on my local AP 2 hrs old and slipping from sight.....

Last edited:
I'm a member of IBEW. Shooting power company xformer is nothing new. It happens by people who just want to see what it will do, it happens in labor disputes, and most recently by eco terroist.

I think this was eco terroist. They used a AK-47 shooting 762×39 that is the weapon of choice used by America's enemy's.
Now the media wants people to believe the military is a bunch gun toting crazys and those sniper are worst of all.

Last edited:
And here this whole time I've been thinking I wasn't a sniper because the farthest I've gotten round on target (20X40 silhouette) has only been 1100m, so according to the media with very little training from the army I must be some crazy hsld sniper.

who was the anonymous official that leaked this info.

Intentional targeting of electrical grid by unknown entity. Hmmm. Interesting.

Funny they immediately called these idiots snipers yet they refused to call the muslim yelling allah ackbar while shooting soldiers in fort hood a terrorist. Assclowns

Unless they killed a snipe or two in the process, I wouldn't call them snipers.

There was an issue with union employees on strike shooting transformers with compound bows not long ago. Wouldn't doubt it could be a competing entity, 17 transformers will make for a very long time out of generation or only partial generation.

I will say its very impressive when transformers blow though....if that was the only goal.

Maybe they used Red Jacket Firearms 1000 yard AK to shoot the transformers?

Do you guys think the rifle in the pic in the article, with the night vision optics, is chambered in 7.62x39? Do you think they were shooting that scary military 'ball' ammo? LMAO.

What? You lost me there!

I don't think we have wolves or sheep in Florida, too hot for both!

What is the difference between a safe guard and a dangerous one?
From what little I know you live in the # 3 state with the most choke points. You also have your share of wolves, most of them in Dade County, but a bunch in Hillsborough and Citrus as well.

A safe guard can be many things but in the context here, mostly the ability to outlive a problem someone/thing creates for you and yours. I never lived in Fla w/o safe guards and, when we moved from Pasco co. in 93 they/it went with me to Bama. I take my family's safety and comfort seriously and do not rely upon a faceless utility or department of any kind, to provide same. I'm not into Cardboard and Sharpies myself.
If you lived there(Fla.) when the rolling blackouts came X-mas of 89 dig an see, just who perpetuated those, and Why.
Just think, if those folks did that to the people of Fla. what would someone do that was really pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Bandit.
Who doesn't police their brass these days?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Honcho
Folks that buy billions of rounds at a time,

NOW THAT'S FUNNY, ERR, MAYBE NOT!

Do you guys think the rifle in the pic in the article, with the night vision optics, is chambered in 7.62x39? Do you think they were shooting that scary military 'ball' ammo? LMAO.

What I am trying to figure out is, if you think that rifle in the pic is the one that was used, and they never caught the people that did it... How would thy have the rifle??

Let me tell you, getting shot at by military "ball" ammo is pretty fucking scary.

What I am trying to figure out is, if you think that rifle in the pic is the one that was used, and they never caught the people that did it... How would thy have the rifle??

Let me tell you, getting shot at by military "ball" ammo is pretty fucking scary.

No. The author wanted to call them 'snipers' because that makes for a better story than 'rednecks' or 'disgruntled employees.' Like it was said before, they used AK style rounds which is the 7.62x39, sure maybe someone would use that round for this application but the overwhelming odds are it's not what you or I would consider to be a 'sniper.'

The author then google imaged 'sniper rifle' and probably just grabbed the coolest or scariest or most devious looking one.

This is a serious indication of our enemy's intentions.

The electrical grid is our nation's Achilles' heel.

This may very well have been an experiment on the part of our adversaries to gauge their effectiveness and our response to an attack on a transformer station.

Multiply this attack by ten during a period of peak demand targeting carefully selected transformer stations followed by harassment and interdiction of the repair crews and our nation could be in a world of hurt.
It's painful to imagine the effects of a prolonged (weeks long) grid down event in the LA basin, the Phoenix metropolitan area or even NYC at the height of summer. The human and economic loss would make 9/11 pale in comparison.

The tired argument about what constitutes a "real" sniper is long past getting old. In this case it's a distraction.

Thinking the press is concerned with accuracy in reporting is like believing in the tooth fairy. The word "snipers" has a far greater impact for readership draw in a headline than the words malicious or irresponsible shooters. As for the brass, for a moment let's say it was 7.62x39. If it was Berdan primer, steel cased ammo who the heck wants the stuff after firing? Have to shoot a whole lot of it for scrap metal resale. 7.62x54r stuff has the same empty case value. The only parts of that article of real interest are about no fingerprints (true or not, who knows) and their choice of targets. Some of those things can only be obtained from overseas sources since the chemicals used in them give environmentalists nightmares. Previously noted was the long, extremely long, lead times.

Last edited:
As for the brass, for a moment let's say it was 7.62x39. If it was Berdan primer, steel cased ammo who the heck wants the stuff after firing? Have to shoot a whole lot of it for scrap metal resale. 7.62x54r stuff has the same empty case value. The only parts of that article of real interest are about no fingerprints (true or not, who knows) and their choice of targets. Some of those things can only be obtained from overseas sources since the chemicals used in them give environmentalists nightmares. Previously noted was the long, extremely long, lead times.

Policing brass has less to do with reloading than it does discipline. A "classically trained sniper" only leaves what he wants found.

i think it must have been this guy

Attachments

• funny ak.jpg
    funny ak.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 12
This was nothing but some local yokels with an AK deciding it would be fun to shoot up some transformers. The same type of ass munches who shoot up road signs in the country. I'm sure it started off with "hey Cletus, hold my beer......."

As for usable brass.... it was probably crap steel case Wolf black box stuff anyway.

BTW - why is this thread in bolt action rifles anyway???

This is a serious indication of our enemy's intentions. The electrical grid is our nation's Achilles' heel.
More so than most in power want to believe or acknowledge. There as been many holes appear in transmission gear sense 02, that were not "Hunting" accidents as touted. The other place where holes have appeared are in cell tower pressured coax, and Microwave horns. Then to take it farther, when you look at some of the public buildings that have "Certain Funding" they are nothing more than death traps if ever used for the intended.
All that said when you have blind sheep, being elected or appointed that use their desk as a Chasity belt, you reap the seeds.
Like the old saying, "One big cut or 1000, the end result is the same, if your not smart enough to see it.