• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glades armory read me

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP PREDATOR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2008
SCRANTON AREA PENNSYLVANIA
Here we go.....

Ordered a bolt handle for ruger, received a savage. Sent multiple emails as there is no phone number. No response. Tried to return using the instructions given on website. Just got back the same package with return to sender. Ok gloves come off. Nice product but WTF. Three other letters for ya....BBB (better business bureau). This is not the way to do business.

Read a few of the comments on Fbook, should have heeded them but didn't.

Now I know better and figured I'd pass it along.

Brother in law has a savage that could use a handle, but don't know if I like him enough for a $50+ present.

Thanks Glade Armory

Hmm. This is troubling news. I had no issues with them 3 years ago when I ordered and received the correct bolt handle for a Savage rifle.

Last fall I bought a Ruger Predator and I've been thinking of ordering another bolt handle from Glades for this, too. Please keep us updated on your progress in resolving this issue with them, OP. And...good luck.

yeah thanks...from what i gather, that was about the time many starting having issues....some paying and not getting product at all.

so i doubt i'll get any type of refund or anything.

meanwhile, though pricier, i'll be getting a ruger handle from Anarchy outdoors.

I have had a similarly bad experience with glades armory. I ordered a stainless knurled bolt handle from them about 3 months ago for a savage. It took two weeks arrive (ebay guaranteed 3 day shipping) no response from glades when inquired about it. When i finally received it the machining was very poor with undercut threads, mill marks all over the bolt arm and a knob with poorly done anodizing and oxidation. To top it off, it didnt even fit! The hole in the back was quite undersized and required lots of persuasion with a file to make it work. Anyhow i ordered one from Tactical Works Inc and it fit perfect and i recieved it in a timely fashion. lesson learned

I’m glad I saw this. I was considering ordering a tikka bolt handle from them but the no phone number on their site seemed strange. I sent them an email asking so,e basic questions just sort of as a test to see if they’d respond and they didn’t.

I ordered one of their black melonite w/ oversized tactical knobs and an aluminum shroud for my Tikka a couple weeks ago. I wanted the plain, smooth teardrop style handle-not a knurled or pineapple type and theirs was pretty much exactly what I had in mind. They arrived within days so the shipping was very fast.

The only thing I can't comment on is the machining, fitment, or feel of the products. I'm deployed so it will be a little while yet before I get home to check all that out and put my rifle together. I did Skype my wife and have her show me everything and they definitely sent the right parts.

Again I haven't used them yet so I can't say I would or would not like the handle to have more or less sweep, but that'd be more of a me not liking the design issue than an actual problem.

No complaints here.

I ordered a Tikka metal bolt shroud from them and received a Savage Axis bolt handle. I never could get them to address the issue and therefore, had to file a dispute with credit card company. I won't order from them again.

I've ordered from them a couple of times over the last few years, and had mostly decent experiences, though I *did* have one relatively minor customer service issue that never was corrected. I'm sorry to hear that things have deteriorated further in regard to their CS, because I've been happy with their products (some of which I've been unable to find elsewhere). Hopefully they can get things straightened out, but from the sound of it, that may be a tough row to hoe.

Wow I ordered a bolt handle for my CZ from them and received it within a week. I must have gotten lucky !!

Ordered one for a cz and can't get the bolt to close. I have emailed them several times and not response. Filed a paypal claim.

Yeah so I got home and installed my bolt shroud and handle. Both are very well machined and fit as good as or better than the OEM pieces. Only thing with the bolt handle was that the knob is threaded on and not machined to the rest of the handle so it came loose a couple times. A healthy dose of loctite fixed that.

I'd buy their shit again

Glades Armory SUCKS!!!! Ordered a new Tikka bolt handle and received tracking number on March 7th, but tracking stated that only a label had been created, item not received. Today, 13 days later and several emails sent, sent several messages through their "contact us" on their website (no phone number to call them), several messages through their Facebook page and 2 messages sent to them through Paypal's resolution centre, and not a single reply from them. Tracking still shows that only a label was created, with no package actually shipped. These guys are UTTER SCAMMERS in my book. Why not answer the emails, FB messages OR Paypal messages..... I have now resorted to claim my money back from Paypal. Buyer beware!!!!

Wow I ordered a bolt handle for my CZ from them and received it within a week. I must have gotten lucky !!

Same here. Got lucky I guess ordering a bolt knob for my son's Ruger American. Still, after reading all this, I don't think I'll roll the dice again!

I must be lucky also. I've ordered several bolt handles ( Savage only ) from them and the items were very well machined and finished.
That was around last summer.

Today is 3 weeks since I ordered the bolt handle and after numerous emails, Facebook messages and getting PayPal involved, never heard a single thing back from these scammers!!! PayPal sent them 3 messages and they didn't even care to respond to PayPal..... So today PayPal ruled in my favour and refunded me my money. Lesson learnt - I will never ever waste my time with Glades Armory - they are serial scammers.

Oh, and for what it's worth - Glades SCAMarmory closed down their Facebook page too..... Taking peoples money and never shipping the Product seems to be their new modus operandi

Damn... guess I'm also a lucky one. Got one for my Tikka in November and another for my kids' T/C in January and they both were smooth transactions. 2nd one took about a week to show up and didn't have tracking info for a long while, but that's not surprising from a small vendor.

Sucks to hear, I'm really happy with both of them, they seemed to make a pretty damn good handle.

I have seen this many times in the gear world... a small company starts out.. sells a good product, then gets greedy by taking more orders then they can handle, and what you see is a result.

I was going to buy one of there bolt handles, but decided to make my own, glad I did and dodged this bullet.

BUMP. I was just about to post the question "Is there a problem with Glades Armory?" but did a quick Google-fu first. This was about the top hit!

Ordered and paid at the start of January. Got a UPS delivery email that said the package label had been created but not sent, this was in the middle of your Government shutdown so I gave benefit of the doubt, three diplomatic follow up emails through their site and no response.

It is the response I am looking for in the first instance. I would really like the bolt handle instead of the stress of writing this kind of post.

Anyone worked out a way to get a response or product out of them?

Always pay with a credit card, always exercise your right to dispute the charge for non-fulfillment.

I’ve sadly had to do this many many many times with the gun industry and it’s smaller dealers who seem to vanish into nothingness.

I recently ordered the cz and it arrived timely but had to do some dremmel gunsmithing to make it function but works great now.

Today is 3 weeks since I ordered the bolt handle and after numerous emails, Facebook messages and getting PayPal involved, never heard a single thing back from these scammers!!! PayPal sent them 3 messages and they didn't even care to respond to PayPal..... So today PayPal ruled in my favour and refunded me my money. Lesson learnt - I will never ever waste my time with Glades Armory - they are serial scammers.

Same here, except it was over 3 weeks. Several emails to the guy and he said "Sorry, it'll be in the mail today" and never shipped. Had to get PayPal involved to get my money back and like you, he never responded to the PayPal requests.

I have a Savage B Mag with the worst bolt handle design ever and Glades has the only optional replacement handle (not just a knob) to improve ergonomics for this gun. :rolleyes:

I've watched their pathetic rep on other forums over the past few years and it appears nothing has changed. I emailed them today and will see if they reply. I'll try the direct up front "I know your SOP" so is there stock and when will you ship approach and see how they respond.

Just for those who are also waiting on their goods, or any form of communication, I have reported the issue to PayPal and my credit card provider. I would encourage others to do the same.

Reactions: Globalstar66
FWIW. I have had a few sour transactions on web transactions. Invariably I find the contact information to be lacking or non existent. No phone number, address, email, or etc. I will now only deal with trades that have full disclosure of their location and contact information. While not a guarantee of service, it is a good first step.

Status
Not open for further replies.