• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glass Bedding Tikka T1X Factory Stock?

Well, the best way to glass bed it is to go and buy a KRG Bravo.

Seriously.

The factor stock I sorta a POS by comparison. Though, if you do screw it up, you can have my T1X factory stock...
Yeah, I am a KRG guy too...
But honestly, I was surprised how tight the fit was with my T1x...
For what you pay it would be a great upgrade to bed it cheap...
50Yd 5 Shot
2020-04-05-13-43-14.jpg

Reactions: GBMaryland
My factory Tikka stock had no problems shooting 3/8" at 50 yards and 1" at 100 yards with Eley Contact. It never hurts to bed, just honestly never bothered to as it was shooting good enough.

My factory Tikka stock had no problems shooting 3/8" at 50 yards and 1" at 100 yards with Eley Contact. It never hurts to bed, just honestly never bothered to as it was shooting good enough.
Yep, makes you wonder what the potential can be of the T1X in factory form?

Ok guys I went ahead and bedded the recoil lug area last night as that's usually the problem area...
Once everything is cleaned up and back together, I'll try to get back with how it performed compared to the unbedded version.

After glass bedding, it was no noticeable change in accuracy, as it was already very accurate.

I believe that is mainly because the T1x stock has what seems to be a hard polymer V-bedding design which allows a better fit of the action to the stock?
BEFORE
20200415_115800.jpg
AFTER
20200415_120020.jpg

I had to bed this twice as the first one wasn't covered completely, that's why it looks like 2 different colors.
But it fit amazingly well to receiver, and I cleaned up some of the edges where too much bedding compound got into.

It does seem more consistent but groups aren't better or worse...
2020-04-15-12-13-50.jpg2020-04-15-12-17-34.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this.

Did you bed it with or without the factory under barrel plate?

Thanks,
Bob S.