• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Glass for HS Precision HTR .308

nycfyrman

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
I picked this gun up a while back and have yet to do anything with it. I have a friend who is on here often that is attempting to convince me to buy a S&B but that seems a bit out of my price range, but he did say that at 1000yds his friends S&B blew his NF out of the water when it came to an object hunt. I would say my budget would be around 1500 retail so less than that. All help is appreciated!

Re: Glass for HS Precision HTR .308

IOR 3-18 or 4-16

These both come in around your price point (non-illuminated 3-18).
Outstanding glass, not perfect scopes, but very good.

You won't get S&B quality glass for less than 2400, though the IOR's are very close.

Nightforce SFP scopes are a very good option. No, they don't have equivalent glass, but they track true and are damn near indestructible.

My vote goes to Vortex PST FFP 6-24x50. I have the SFP version, and I absolutely love the thing!! Give Mike @CSTactical a call, he will fix you up!!

DK

Vortex PST or Nightforce. I have both and love them. the NF is better glass at distance, but nearly 2x the cost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA, SS 5-20x50 HD mil/mil FFP, you don't need much else. </div></div>

Good luck in actually getting one. I have had mine ordered for MONTHS.