• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Glass for HS Precision HTR .308

nycfyrman

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
I picked this gun up a while back and have yet to do anything with it. I have a friend who is on here often that is attempting to convince me to buy a S&B but that seems a bit out of my price range, but he did say that at 1000yds his friends S&B blew his NF out of the water when it came to an object hunt. I would say my budget would be around 1500 retail so less than that. All help is appreciated!

Re: Glass for HS Precision HTR .308

IOR 3-18 or 4-16

These both come in around your price point (non-illuminated 3-18).
Outstanding glass, not perfect scopes, but very good.

You won't get S&B quality glass for less than 2400, though the IOR's are very close.

Nightforce SFP scopes are a very good option. No, they don't have equivalent glass, but they track true and are damn near indestructible.

SWFA, SS 5-20x50 HD mil/mil FFP, you don't need much else.

My vote goes to Vortex PST FFP 6-24x50. I have the SFP version, and I absolutely love the thing!! Give Mike @CSTactical a call, he will fix you up!!

DK

Vortex PST or Nightforce. I have both and love them. the NF is better glass at distance, but nearly 2x the cost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA, SS 5-20x50 HD mil/mil FFP, you don't need much else. </div></div>

Good luck in actually getting one. I have had mine ordered for MONTHS.