• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 19 cycling issue with suppressor. Seeking Advice

Thanks for the input.… read the context pertaining to the conversation… never was stated at any point, that slide goes back “twice as far”. That would be a catastrophic failure. With detrimental consequences.
Well im obviously exaggerating smart guy...

Who cut the slide?

Last edited:
So answer the two simple questions I already asked you:

- Why does a pistol slide cycle harder and faster with a boosted suppressor attached, than with no suppressor or with an unboosted suppressor?
- Why does the suppressor in both videos above move forwards relative to the pistol frame before the barrel moves rearwards, if the booster is not pushing them apart with some added force?

Both of these conditions would be the opposite of what the slow motion videos show, if things were as you claimed.

Also, first thing you quoted there does not dispute what I said, nor does it back up your claim that I'm wrong. They also don't fully explain what is happening and why. The second one backs up what I said. It's literally right there, if you bothered to read.

Why do you hear voices in your head? It's not my job to disprove your made up scenario. The piston doesn't force open the action and it's right in the patents. It's cool you've been into silencers for like five minutes though.

Wrong; it is more than just a linear decoupler. Some random kid saying differently in a video doesn’t prove it, either.

If it was just a decoupling device, it wouldn’t make the gun cycle harder with a suppressor. Pressure forces the piston (there’s a reason it’s called a piston) and barrel back to cycle the slide.

The slow motion shot in that video proves it, too. The piston pushes the suppressor forward away from the frame before the slide and barrel move rearward.
Correct

I spent some time with Phil Dater once upon a time. It's called a Linear Inertia Decoupler or a Nielsen Device. It isn't a piston, the holes are superfluous, gas doesn't force it open, and pistol silencers slow slide velocity (all things being equal). I'm surprised you're so far off track on this.
Yes, it is called a Nielsen device or LID. Just because it is called that does not mean that it isn't operating on the same principle as a piston. Yes, inertia is being used as a principle in the Nielsen device, but backpressure in the can is causing that "inertia device" to function as a piston.

Unless you have a flow through suppressor like some OSS rifle cans, you have enough backpressure that causes a piston action to occur.

I am glad you have associated with some knowledgeable people. Association does not equal education.

Learn more.

Now if you both want to continue this debate in depth I would suggest a seperate thread as it really doesn't help the OP.

The slide should not be able to get hung on the barrel even with the cut, the rear of the barrel tilts down the first 1/4" of rearward slide travel and starts to rise back up at the same position. Barrel should be tilted down and completely clear the slide.

Most likely gen mismatch or shit parts.

Reactions: Pappyreds
The slide should not be able to get hung on the barrel even with the cut, the rear of the barrel tilts down the first 1/4" of rearward slide travel and starts to rise back up at the same position. Barrel should be tilted down and completely clear the slide.

Most likely gen mismatch or shit parts.
When the barrel tilts down, it slides against the inner top surface of the slide. That’s where it appears to be hanging up.

Look at one of your own slides, there’s wear marks there because the barrel is in contact.

When the barrel tilts down, it slides against the inner top surface of the slide. That’s where it appears to be hanging up.

Look at one of your own slides, there’s wear marks there because the barrel is in contact.
Yes the slide does make contact with the top of flat on the barrel but it is the front (on mine at least)
of the square (where it locks into the slide ) not the rear where this seems to be hanging up.

Nevertheless without phisically examining the pisol its not easy.

Reactions: Yondering
That top cutout window in the slide is your problem. The cutout on an OEM G34 never reaches back to the lockup geometry around the chamber. Not a wise idea to do than on the shorter slide Glocks.

Glock doesn't mill open slides so far rearward that the barrel chamber/hood is exposed when the slide is retracted. The addition of the silencer weight downward on the muzzle causes the rear edge of the barrel to ride against the inside of the slide. The slide was milled incorrectly so now the barrel catches on the barrel hood sized window.

That top cutout window in the slide is your problem. The cutout on an OEM G34 never reaches back to the lockup geometry around the chamber. Not a wise idea to do than on the shorter slide Glocks.

Exactly. Maybe .200" (I'm guessing) of the front of the locking surface is exposed in the OEM window when the slide is retracted.

Exactly. Maybe .200" (I'm guessing) of the front of the locking surface is exposed in the OEM window when the slide is retracted.
Yep. Pic is of my G34 slide all the way back to its mechanical stop.
4F6BA8BA-7039-43BF-866E-F123AA1A9025.jpeg

Yes the slide does make contact with the top of flat on the barrel but it is the front (on mine at least)
of the square (where it locks into the slide ) not the rear where this seems to be hanging up.

Nevertheless without phisically examining the pisol its not easy.
OK I see what you're saying now, got it. That's a fair point.

I wonder if the cutout is wide enough that it's allowing the barrel to lift up in the cutout? If the top of that barrel's chamber area is beveled enough, it might be.

So.......unless I missed it already posted....that is the ugliest pistol I have ever seen....:sick:🤮....

...and of course for the members who argue over other technical things....my obligatory contribution for self reflection....:giggle:

g2Zv.gif

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
So.......unless I missed it already posted....that is the ugliest pistol I have ever seen....:sick:🤮....

...and of course for the members who argue over other technical things....my obligatory contribution for self reflection....:giggle:

View attachment 7993696

Ok, funny gif, but here’s some self reflection for you - we’re on a technical forum, in a thread about a technical issue. If you don’t think technical issues are worth discussing and getting right, why are you here?

When a technical detail is relevant to understanding the issue at hand, failing to speak up when someone gets it wrong results in most other people, including the guy asking for help, being confused at best, or chasing the wrong solution.

And yeah, there are always the ego-before-brains types that take it personally and resort to insults instead of logic, but that’s how forums are. In this one I think the discussion was mostly reasonable, until the end anyway.