• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 19 Equipment

TalkingBush

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am going to buy a Glock 19 within the next few weeks, but I am confused as to which one to get.

I shot a G19 RTF2 yesterday and it felt great. I would like to know if the Gen4 is worth getting over the RTF2.

I have been looking at holsters, and found a Raven Phantom, but it is backlogged for 12 weeks. I am trying to find one, but don't think I will be able to. Is there a cheap substitute I can use while I wait on it?

What are some suggestions for a good belt for CC?

Re: Glock 19 Equipment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to buy a Glock 19 within the next few weeks, but I am confused as to which one to get.

I shot a G19 RTF2 yesterday and it felt great. I would like to know if the Gen4 is worth getting over the RTF2.

I have been looking at holsters, and found a Raven Phantom, but it is backlogged for 12 weeks. I am trying to find one, but don't think I will be able to. Is there a cheap substitute I can use while I wait on it?

What are some suggestions for a good belt for CC? </div></div>

If you want kydex, then I recommend Talon Tactical, Comp Tac, Blade Tech, Safariland and maybe even Fobus.

Blade tech... hands down great product and even better CS.

Then I'd send an email via the link I provided. This guy is a two man shop, that does custom kydex. Good communications with him via email, and responsive to what you may need.

Good luck.

Have you found the atomic holsters to be just as nice as the Raven? Do they have similar dimensions as the Raven w/ magpul cut? How do they hold up?

Raven and Ares better be paying Haley and Costa some shares. I think everyone skips to the equipment videos and listens for key brands and models. I do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any particular recommendations of a few well tested models? </div></div>

Been carrying a Glock in the standard Glock belt slide holster for CCW since 1997. And I do mean daily carry. My original $10 holster is still functioning fine. Works pretty well for matches too.

I'd call that well tested.

A little heat gun action making it a rightie helps keep it from pulling on your belt and the fit with the pistol a bit better.

I don't have one yet, just an order placed. I have read some reviews, and have emailed with Brian a few times. For $50, its worth it to me to try one out. I needed an OWB holster for the Police and Fire Games coming up, so why not.

As for dimensions, Brian has told mw that they will make it exactly haw you want it.

I read a post on another forum from a guy that had a few hundred presentations from his holster, and was happy with how it was wearing.

Sounds good to me, I'll try it out at the games and see how she does.

TalkingBush, I've got a bunch of random Glock stuff (holsters, etc), I'll see if I can get cell phone pic and see if you want it for a steal.

J

how bout passin' along a bladetech if you gots one Jason? Help a po brutha out
wink.gif
I coulds uses it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TalkingBush, I've got a bunch of random Glock stuff (holsters, etc), I'll see if I can get cell phone pic and see if you want it for a steal.

J </div></div>Most definitely, that would be appreciated. I'm a Glock newbie, unfortunately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as the RTF2 Gen3 vs the Gen4, what opinions/facts support buying one or the other? </div></div>

I'm pretty sure the 19 is not out in a Gen4 version yet, though it apparently is coming. The 17 Gen4s have reportedly had some issues with lighter loads in some cases but are supposed to be soft shooting. The Gen4 mag release is nice and the grip adjustability can be useful. I would probably get a Gen4 but there is nothing wrong with the RTF2. The RTF2 is probably more likely to run great right out of the box.

I love how no one has heard of Raven Concealment until Costa and Hayley used em on the DVD's now everyone wants one and think they are the best.

I actually heard of Raven from a guy who worked PSD overseas. He told me about them, I tried his and loved it, and ordered mine. They're good holsters, but they're not the only good holster out there.

I carry a fullsize 1911 IWB in a Pure Kustom holster strapped to a Beltman belt. I rarely even notice it since I got the carry angle and position sorted out. I am changing my EDC setup to a Glock 19 and 26, though, and have decided to go the same route.

The way Rocky finishes his holsters makes them extremely stiff, so re holstering is fast and easy. The turnaround times aren't fast on either as they do colors in batches, but they look much nicer than any Kydex holster and duty belt I've seen. The only way I would not recommend a Pure Kustom holster is if you open carry because of the lack of retention. The holsters fit like a glove and you have to pull hard and straight to get the gun out, but retention is something I'm a little paranoid about when OCing.

Pure Kustom
The Belt Man

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love how no one has heard of Raven Concealment until Costa and Hayley used em on the DVD's now everyone wants one and think they are the best. </div></div>

Yeah, their wait time sure as hell went thru the roof. I will say this, from the pre "magpul fame" stuff I have, to the post; it all is quality.

For the record, I had Raven before Magpul did!
smile.gif
And I still like Sidearmor and Bladetech better for range carry....the Raven excels at concealed carry because of the pancake design, though. The DeSantis Scorpion IWB rig is the best concealment platform for the money, and it's not glock model-specific, only caliber.

Fobus and factory glock rigs are not a good value. THat's as nice as I can make that statement, and I had to think about it for a little bit.

No opinion on the newer models of Glock, but I can't see that there would be much real-world difference. But if anybody wants to sell a Gen 3 9mm for a screaming deal so they can "upgrade" to one of the newer one's - do contact me!
wink.gif

i use a blackhawk serpa for my cc holster, you can run and even hang up side down and the gun stays secured to the holster and thats a big issue and thats why i use it.

The difference of newer glocks are interchangable backstraps which adjust grip size. I have a Glock 17 RTF that is a pleasure to shot, but I never CCW it because the grip is like sandpaper on my skin with a IWB holster. For CCW I would suggest against RTF.

For CC, crossbreed supertuck holster is definitely the most comfortable one I've been able to find. If you get that holster, also consider getting velcro loops and gunbelt with velcro...great combo...hides well and very comfortable.

I would recommend getting a holster with some kind of retention device other than friction... find a nice leather holster with a thumb break for CCW, doesnt have to be crazy expensive...

If you need to adjust the grip to fit your hand then get the gen 4 if not then just get the regular old glock and slap a hogue grip on it. Fits my hand perfect and i have used it for everything from ccw to tactical entries. Get a regular leather iwb holster and put it in the small of your back. After a week you won't even know it's there. Glocks aren't made for fancy holsters and pampering, they are made to fight.

I'm wondering if RTF2 is too tough (the texture of the grip) to conceal comfortably? I've heard the grip is great in the hands, but not on the hip. Should I get a plain jane gen 3?

I have heard the same thing about the RTF2. I would go with the new gen 4 or the gen 3 with a rubber grip on it. Go to a range and try out the gen 3 and if it fits your hand then go with it and the cheaper price. If you need to be able to configure the grip to fit your hand then get the gen 4.

I would highly recommend against getting the RTF, I was at my local gun store today and was able to compare the Glock 19 RTF, Gen 3 and a Gen 4. The RTF defiantly sticks to your hand, but just rubbing it against your forearm you can watch it peel your skin. My buddy who works there told me how he had one, and it was fine if he ran his shirt tucked in, but he went to Walgreens once to fill a script, and just pulled his shirt over it. He got halfway to the back of the store he had to go back to his car to take the pistol off, it rubbed him raw that fast. You might want to look into getting just a Gen 3 and having a stippling job done. I just ordered a Glock 19 through Boresight Solutions, to have the extreme grip reduction done. http://boresightsolutions.com/

I bought the Gen 3 with the normal grip. 3 pins. I'm happy. Now to replace that plastic recoil rod. Now I have to make due with a Raven, but no Ares for now.

Speaking of which, what is a good belt that I can order immediately, but not break the bank. I have an Ares on order, but don't want to spend that much, unless it's a nice dress belt that won't wear out.

Re: Belts

Re: Belt

I've had fantastic luck with a Hellweg belt that I bought from Brownell's (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6959/Product/DRESS_GUN_BELT). My favorite part? It just looks like a normal belt.

I've used it for maybe 10yrs or so and it looks and works great.

It isn't exactly cheap, but I don't think you're going to find a quality leather dress "gunbelt" for less than $80 or so.