• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 19 phase three malfunctions

schmitty

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2005
Southeast, South Carolina
Hey guys,
Been on the forum for a while, i just don't post a lot. Reckon i don't have much to say. Anyways, I have recently acquired a generation 2 glock 19 (Have been searching for one for a long time) and upon research of late have discovered the issue in my topic title. I admit that i am a worry wart, and that my round count out of this handgun is low. I have heard of the problem being associated with the particular ammo that NYPD was using at the time, that it was caused by the NY trigger that they were using, and also that it is just an inherent problem with the G19 design. I was wondering if any of you guys with early generation G19s have experienced this problem or if there is any information that any of you might have. As I said, I haven't shot it much and i know i have to prove the reliability myself. I am just trying to gain some insight and maybe some peace of mind. And btw, my 19 does have the 90 degree breech.

Thanks in advance guys for any and all information!

Re: Glock 19 phase three malfunctions

Would you mind describing what a Phase Three malfunction is?

shoot the dmn thing and see IF you have issues. then address them accordingly

Insure that you have a normal glock trigger, then go shooting. Gen 2 Glocks run like a champ.

As a factory certified Glock armorer, the New York trigger doesn't harm reliability.

As a Beretta, Sig Sauer, HK and Colt armorer with common sense, ditch the NY trigger if you have one in there and go shoot the piss out of it.

Its basically an inline fte where the case becomes lodged in between the breech face and barrel hood. Like i said, I completely understand that i as the operator have to find out for myself if its going to be a problem in my weapon, i was just looking for any additional info yall might have. And to ken226 it does not have the NY Trigger. Damn near everybody agrees with you that they run like a raped ape. Just heard about it and it got me concerned since it was bought with the intention on being a carry gun. So far its been 100% so i reckon im just being too worrisome. Thanks guys!

I've got hundreds of rounds though my Gen2 G19...only problems I've EVER experienced is from limp wristing while shooting one-handed.

"Retired NYPD MOS Pat Rogers reports upon personal observation that Glock, Inc. has set-up a mini-CAD CAM machine shop with technicians supplied by Glock in a rented trailer at Rodman's Neck where it will be on station for at least one year, and possibly longer.

A milling machine capable of handling eight (8) slides at a time, is performing two cuts, one on the breach face, and another at the ejection port. Some of the newest Models 19 already have one of those cuts done at the factory, and unconfirmed information suggests that Glock, Inc. will be incorporating these changes across their entire product line.

Glock has acknowledged that these cuts are not so much to prevent the malfunction as they are to make it easier for the operator to clear them when they occur. That seems to be barely one step beyond Glock's offer when the Phase Three problems first surfaced, to produce an instructional video on P3 clearances."

Send it back to Smyrna. If it needs a mod/parts updated, they will do it for you free of charge.

I sent a Gen 2 G22 back there. It was a police trade-in. For another $50 they put new night sights on it. This was a while ago, and since I shoot a Gen III G19 I've had no reason to contact them
wink.gif
so give their CS a call.

You can also swing by a GSSF match in your area and have a factory armorer go through it for free.

Yeah i will definitely give glock cs a call and see what they will have to say. I tried calling earlier today on my break at work and they put me on hold but i had to hang up and go back to work. I forgot about the gssf matches. Used to shoot in them all the time while i was working for a gun shop/range that sanctioned matches. When i quit the place i never went to another one. Plus my boss at the time was a glock armorer but i wouldnt have much faith that he would be of any help (thats a whole 'nother story haha). Like I said though, i appreciate everyones comments and info. If anybody else knows anything, lets hear it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can also swing by a GSSF match in your area and have a factory armorer go through it for free. </div></div>

Yes - they are equipped with the mill and fixture to do the slide fix described above.