• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors glock 21

chadg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
foothills of the ozarks.
Does anyone here own a glock 21?How do you like it and is recoil manageable?
Is 550$ a good deal included is 3 extra mags.The pistol has had about 150 rounds fired through it...

Re: glock 21

I love mine. It's a glock, therefore won't break. I have ameriglo night sights on mine and it's quite the weapon. The recoil has never worried me, and I would hop on the deal if the 21 fits you right. (Is it a short frame? If so you'll want to look into that)

I love mine too. To me the felt recoil is less than my 1911's. My 21 had a grip reduction done by the previous owner, came with two mags and IIRC cost me $475+s/h (about three or four years ago). I'd say $550 is a fair price.

I love mine , I personaly think that the recoil is very managable and probably less "flip" than my 19 (9mm)

The large fram glocks fit my hand well but i'm leaning toward having the back strap cut flat

&550 is a good deal , hell 150 rounds is nothing

Its one of my fav's not a problem with hits from 7yds to 100yrds. Size isnt bad and capacity is nice, that price seems a little high depending on what sights are on it.
Just make sure its comfortable for you, some folks dont like the size of the grip.

sold mine a while back, simply to big to be practical for me. However I did use it to shoot IPSC and it ran very well

they are $481 wholesale. you can find a dealer who orders guns for a little over cost and save some money on a new one...they come with 2 mags new so the third would be worth a little extra. they are like $18

Well maybe i did the wrong thing i went ahead and bought it just a little bit ago.It has adjustable sights and came with 4 mags total.Now that i look at it a little closer it has a sf on the right hand side of the frame towards the front.It also has a picatinny rail molded into the frame with 5 slots in it.
I have also noticed it has a plastic guide rod.Is this a weakness or nothing to worry about.If it is a weakness is there a replacement metal guide rod for it.I only fired a mag through it to check fuction,it was flawless....I will try to shoot it some more this weekened.

I've owned Glock pistols since the mid-80's and the G21 is my favorite.
I have a pair of them and I'm looking into picking up an Osprey for them soon.

Sounds like you got a slim frame, which will be more comfortable than the regular frame for most people. Adjustable sights are nice if you're going to be shooting for fun. The more mags the merrier has always been my motto, so four is a good start.

It looks like the new Glock 21s are retailing for around $570 or so, so 2 extra mags and adjustable sights for $20 less with a small number of rounds fired sounds like a decent deal to me. My first handgun was a used Glock 17. It came with factory sights; 7 mags; extended mag release; mag well plug; steel pins; original case, shell, and paperwork; and the barrel had been polished. They said it had a few hundred rounds through it, but it was clean on the inside. I walked away with it for $475 and have never had a hiccup with it.

Don't worry about the plastic guide rod. If it breaks (it most likely never will), get a new metal one for less than $30. Don't worry about replacing anything on it unless you find you aren't happy with its performance. Otherwise, leave it alone and have fun shooting the piss out of it.

The 21sf's with the Piccanity rails have been discontinued. They had some issues with the ambi mag release, and all the Piccatiny rail did was mess with holster fits.

If you call Glock explaining how you have problems with dropping mags and ask nice, often times they'll give you a different frame.

The adjustable sights are cheap junk, and should get replaced with a good steel option when possible. The guide rod is stock, and is 100% reliable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone here own a glock 21?How do you like it and is recoil manageable?
Is 550$ a good deal included is 3 extra mags.The pistol has had about 150 rounds fired through it... </div></div>

I have owned a few different full size .45s but I am now down to 1...A G21.
It fits like a brick but it shoots straight, eats and spits without fail. I mated it with an Insight M3X and Kaluban kydex holster.
I am still "challenging" it so I have not cleaned or oiled it since it came home.
I love it cuz I dont love it and all it needs is a TD extended mag release, a steel rear sight and a trijicon front sight.
I stippled the grip myself so its pretty much GTG.
I have a G17 as a back up for it.

I have a g21 SF with the same full pic rail. After experiencing some mag release issues I did some research and found that others were experiencing the same thing. I am lucky to live near glock and had a buddy going that way. He also dropped off his g21 and the glock techs completely replaced the frame of both our guns at no charge. About 4 days later a fed ex package arrived with our new frames saving us the 90 mile drive back down to atl. Customer service does not get much better than that.

I may have to contact Glock also.. I've got the SF Pic version and have had some mag release issues. Other than that, I love the G21. Simple, meat & potatos and low recoil. I actually had the G30 first and was suprised how little recoil it had for a sub compact .45. Still have them both.

I've been carrying a G21 on duty for 5 years now. I also shoot quite a bit recreationally. Between my issued one and my personal one I have a total of... ZERO malfunctions. Ever. That's over the course of 5 years, two different pistols and thousands and thousands of rounds. The things just work.

I don't really like the grip angle (personally prefer 1911 feel), they're bricks plain and simple. But boy they work. Plenty accurate for my needs and rugged to boot. Recoil is not an issue at all, even with +P ammo.

Have a couple 20s and 21s. 50gi upper on another 21 lower. As noted, these things are totally ugly but they run like and old timex watch.

I've owned / used / carried a 21 for a long time, and picked up a 21SF a couple years ago. Both have functioned flawlessly. The 21SF fits noticeably better than the 21 in my hand, so I ended up trading off the 21. Consistent with what others have said, recoil seems less than other 45's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 21sf's with the Piccanity rails have been discontinued. They had some issues with the ambi mag release, and all the Piccatiny rail did was mess with holster fits.

</div></div>

I have a 21 SF with the rail, but single side mag release. What issues did the ambi mag release have? I will do some research, but thought I would ask here as well.

Hijack complete.

I carry a Glock 21 for a duty weapon. I am a 1911 man all the way,and carry one as a back up / off duty gun. But I have no issues with my Glock 21. I have had it now for 6 or 7 years and shoot it as often as I can along with my 1911. I belong to a Regional SWAT Team that is ran by the County and we perform many shooting drills.I would like them to allow the use of 1911's hell the Team Commander carries a 1911 as a off duty but the higher up's say no. Anyway I have never had any issues what so ever with my Glock 21 and would not worry about buying another. The SF you need to make sure you get SF mags for it since it has an ambi mag release, and thier are many aftermarket parts for them like aluminum gide rods and such.

I have the Glock 21C, which really help maintain the "flip." I would jump on the 21 for 550 with three extra mags and ONLY 150 rounds through it. Hell, I probably have close to 2 thousand through mine with absolutely ZERO malfunctions. Even after slipping into a creek and it coming out of the holster onto a huge rock then into the water and sank in the mud about an inch. Picked it up, shook it a few times, made sure the barrel was clear, and she fired. Like she always does.

Glock 21= The closest thing you can get to a hammer that has moving parts. I swapped in a Wilson CQB on a 21SF to get the boot to buy an acog off here and I have not looked back. I had to get used to the trigger but other than that I actually like it better than the Wilson. As stated above you dont have to worry about them or baby them, just use them. I read somewhere on the web about a guy that has been trying to destroy a G17 I think it was for several years and hasnt done it yet. He has thrown it off a building, out of a airplane and all manner of abuse that you certainly wouldnt encounter in normal use and it still runs without a problem. Cant go wrong with them IMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RECKON SO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glock 21= The closest thing you can get to a hammer that has moving parts. I swapped in a Wilson CQB on a 21SF to get the boot to buy an acog off here and I have not looked back. I had to get used to the trigger but other than that I actually like it better than the Wilson. As stated above you dont have to worry about them or baby them, just use them. I read somewhere on the web about a guy that has been trying to destroy a G17 I think it was for several years and hasnt done it yet. He has thrown it off a building, out of a airplane and all manner of abuse that you certainly wouldnt encounter in normal use and it still runs without a problem. Cant go wrong with them IMHO. </div></div>

Sounds like Chuck Taylor

Well I dont know if thats good or not and dont get me wrong I love a well built 1911. My cousin still has our late grandaddys issue 1911, he was one of Carlsons Raiders in WWII and there aint a pistol on earth that can take that ones place.Being a mechanic by trade I can appreciate when a tool is designed and built to do a job and most important you can count on it EVERY time you need it without alot of fuss and worry if its been treated just a certain way or drawing up when you use it cause it cost so much.

The 21 is our duty weapon, ours get thousands of rounds each year with no problems. I've seen one that was still shooting with 2 broken rails (one front and one back) and only half a trigger pin and it was still firing. Those breakages happened after about 40,000 rounds. Don't like them for 3 gun competition, but for duty they are second to none.

Can't you get a brand new one for around that same price. LEO price is $425.

I think my G21SF with rail and night sites was $625 brand new.

Oh, and to answer your question, the G21 is on my list of must haves.