• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 36 Reliability

Shoottothrill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2012
Arizona
Thinking of getting my gal a Glock 36 .45 acp. For those that have them are you having any reliability issues.

I shoot a .45 and she likes my TRP, but wants something that fits her hand better. I would like to reload only one handgun caliber.

Re: Glock 36 Reliability

I have shot low powered handloads through mine and it still refuses to jam. Has been just as reliable as the rest of my Glocks.

I've had my 36 for seven years. Never a single problem with it. It's also my concealed carry pistol of choice.

I have never had any issues with mine on anything I put through it. Just a thought though, coming from a full size steel 1911 to the 36 is going to be quite a change(recoil, impulse, grip angle, weight). You might try some of the smaller frame 1911's if she is bent on a .45. You can't go wrong with a 1911 no matter what size.

I also have had no reliability issues with my older G36. But make sure to have HER shoot it before buying. There will be some noticeable differences coming from a 1911. My wife's pinky finger used to get pinched between the frame and mag, causing a blood blister every time. We fixed it, but for a while she didn't want to shoot it because of that. For the record, I was getting the same thing. Brooks A-grip solved the problem for us.
She also has a harder time with the longer trigger pull.

The only problem is magazine springs. If you prefer to finger extensions there are no other springs made to give you the proper additional length. If you stay with the factory setup there wont be any problems.

Learned this from a good friend that works at the Glock factory...

The G36 is a way better carry option than my G30. I just can't get myself to part with the ol' girl.

I have one I purchased 18 months ago. First range tripe I had 3 FTE in 100 rounds. Second range trip I couldn't get through a magazine without a FTE. Tried some hotter ammo and defense grade ammo the third range trip and the problem persisted. Two range officers who carry G36's tried shooting mine thinking it was shooter error. They experienced the same problem. After doing some research online it's hit or miss with the G36. I tried 7 different kinds of ammo and they all had FTE. Glock wanted me to send it back on mine dime which is why it hasnt gone back. I carry my G19 which uses the same holster. I personally wouldn't recommend it. Not only because of the FTE issues, but the way Glock responded to my issue.

Seems like some of the older ones had some problems. Makes me a bit nervous. So far mostly positive comments on the Hide with the exception of the last one???

Personally, my hands don't like any of the Glock 45 models. I have a few others in .40, 10mm, and 9mm but the 45 caliber models eat me up. After a a few mags, my hands say it is enough. I don't have any issues with any of my other .45 guns. I would look at the M&P 45c. The ergos are better and my mitts enjoy shooting the M&P better. They also would feel more like the 1911 than the Glock model. Just may want to go try them and see what works better for you.

I had one that never would run reliably. Always a failure to go back into battery out of every mag or two. It was an older model that I owned briefly about 8 years ago.

I have owned/carried mine for about 14 years or so. I have never had any problems what so ever with factory ammo. I did try some swc copper washed target bullets with light loads. I got some FTF problems. Changing to a different bullet cleared that problem up. To fix the pinch problem I installed a Plus 2 Pierce grip extension. Everybody that has shot it has never had a pinched finger problem. I much prefer it with the longer grip.
Semper Fi

I bought one in Febraury of this year. It has an honest 1100+ rounds through it and never had any issue eating WWB, Federal Champion and 2 boxes of Speer Gold dots. All 230 grain bullets.

I bought pearce +0 extensions and took them down flush on the bottom side like the factory mags. This elimiates any pinch and reduces the amount of length on the mag plate sticking out to print on a shirt.

It shoots great and carrys well. I do understand that it can be hit or miss....I got lucky.

When I had mine it worked with no issues. Its NOT as thick as the other 45 glocks (21/30) so makes it nice for smaller hands.
I'd also so add in that I shot a SW45c awhile back and thought
for its size it had a good amount of recoil to it. I dont care about that as much but some shooters may.

edcr.jpg

No issues, shoots like a Glock.

Hey I have the same color G36......<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmussack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
edcr.jpg

No issues, shoots like a Glock. </div></div>

I've had my G36 for about four years, and it's a real pleasure. It's the piece I carry most frequently when off-duty. I love to carry my 1911's, but when I'm feeling lazy, I get my G36.

It's the first handgun I ever named, and kept the name. I named mine "Spanky" after firing my first couple mags of Fed HST 230gr +P through it. But. . . it is easy to control, combat accurate and then some, easy to conceal, doesn't weigh much, and always goes bang.

***DO NOT BUY the scherer mag extensions!!!**** If you buy extensions, buy the Pearce!!! Why? When carrying my spare mag(s), I would lean/bend/move, and my side/belly would put pressure on the bag base(and NO, I'm not fat) and then all of a sudden I'm in a store with .45 cartridges bouncing on floor!, or on floorboards of my car! VERY irritating!! I had four bases and all four did the same thing!!! I threw them away!

So, G36, fun lil piece to have.

-G45

The 36 is my second favorite Glock, first being the 19. Mabe it's because they are almost exactly the same size. Great gun, little heavy on recoil but not too bad. Some people get a pinch where the grip and magazine meet, I've never had that problem.

I've had my Glock 36 for about a year... Having read that some were encountering reliability issues, I was a little hesitant to start carrying this instead of the trusty old Glock 19. Initially, I put 500 rounds through her to test her out, and didn't have any hiccups. Then I used the 36 in a handgun training class, and put another 500 rounds through her without problem. Round count is north of 3K now, and have yet to encounter any problems whatsoever. So the Glock 36 is now my primary carry piece. For which I use a Raven Concealment holster, and have grown to love that setup for concealed carry.

I carried mine for about 4 years and never had an issue. I put about 4k rounds through it, a lot of it Wolf steel casings and Blazer. One day it just shit the bed hard. I could not fire a two mags without an issue. I finally rebuilt the entire slide, bought new mags and solved the problem. I could not sell it until it was fixed. There are some guns out there with problems. No one seems to understand what causes them.

great gun,always functions but recoil can get to the web of your hand after a long shooting session

I had a 36 and it ran as well as any other Glock that I own. I need to get another one!