• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 43 or sig 365

surprise

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2010
Looking for a 9 mm concealed carry pistol. I have shot the 43 a bunch and it’s fine, have not shot the 365 yet. Any comparison between the two pros and cons? I have owned several Glock pistols over the years but never a Sig. Very interested as it is a little bit smaller than the 43 with a larger magazine capacity what do you guys think?

There's been quite a few issues with the Sig. I would stick with the 43 it's definitely proven the Sig I'd hold onto for at least a year let them work the bugs out of it.

I just purchased the SIG and some of the positives are that its very compact and CCing the pistol is pretty easy to fit in a pocket or IWB. Shooting it was alright but nothing too amazing. I believe that with more familiarization and practice its going to be a good carry piece. I own several SIGs and have a Glock 23 (also owned a 27 but traded it into an HK sub-compact). Some minor issues with the SIG that I have experienced so far is that the sights are smaller so practice is crucial, especially since its such a small package. I will say that to shoot a mini-pocket pistol, like this SIG, out of the box I can hit more than some of the other pocket pistols. The 365 shoots more like a subcompact rather than the smaller caliber pocket pistols like the Kahrs, Kel Techs, and even the smaller SIGs.

I am interested in the Sig, but have seen too many reports of issues with Sigs. Not just the 365, but kinda all of them (I was issued a Sig when I got into LE, and it was a disaster of a pistol). The 365 had several issues, but recent ones are alleged to have fixed most of them. Same with the 320. But I worship at the altar of reliability. Smaller guns are just more finicky. Add small gun to spotty QC, and I'd say the 365 is not ready for prime time yet. It may be in a few years, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

That said, in a few years if the 365 becomes known for being as reliable as can be had in that package size, I'd be willing to pony up the money for such a small gun with that capacity in that caliber.

I have seen some reviews on the newer 365's and they sure look like the issues have been taken care of. I have seen reports of over 2500 rounds without failures. I currently carry a XDS 45 and the 365 will be my go to if I decide to purchase a new CC in 9mm.

Traded my G43 for a Sig P290RS....not the same but I like Sigs a lot more than Glocks now.

VooDoo

I have both, learned to shoot years ago on 1911s and M9s, I don't index Glocks well at all.
I bought a X5 looking for a new high cap platform, and liked it much, much more than a Glock 34MOS. I decided I'd buy the compact or carry x-change kits, but shot a 365 while at the shop to get the kit, went home with the 365.

With about 500 rounds down the pipe so far, my only issue is that the slide doesn't lock open on the 10-round mags, locks open just fine on the 12 rounders. The trigger is much better than a glock trigger, the sights are small and more rounded than I'd like, loading the mag to capacity is a PitA, but the 12 does indeed hold 12. The slide release is positioned such that large hands and a double thumb-point grip might keep it from locking.

For near invisible carry, I much prefer the 365 to the 43 or26, both of which I own and have carried extensively. It wears flat, points well for me, the texture bites enough but not too much, and I have, thus far, have no FtF or FtE unless I was really trying to get it to fail (limp-wristing it can definitely induce a failure, but given the barrel length and action cycling speed, that is to be expected.)

I have probably 8 Glocks that will all be sold in the near future, I just hate the triggers and the indexing. I much prefer the grip angles of the sig and likes.

All that said, I own a few Sigs that have had issues (MPX, 716) but all wore in and now run like they should. One went back to Sig a few years back and returned better than new. I've had good luck with their new tupperware guns.

I love Glocks but when I put them against others like Sig Sauer and particularly Beretta in serious testing they seem to always come up short. I'm now a dedicated DA/SA or DAO, hammer fired aficionado where concealed carry guns are concerned. All my guns for concealed carry are hammer fired DA/SA or DAO guns. I shoot the Glocks well and love their functionality but shoot DA/SA and DAO better without the "Glock Leg" possibility and I guess it's an age thing.

I'm 63 and love Glocks but don't carry or train with any anymore. No love lost. I just have better options.

VooDoo

I don’t have any experience with the 365, but I do have quite a bit with my Glock 43. It’s always been simple and flawless for me. Only thing I did with it was replace the factory sights with some Dawson’s. My recommendation is to go to a local range and try them both out. See which you prefer.

Looking for a 9 mm concealed carry pistol. I have shot the 43 a bunch and it’s fine, have not shot the 365 yet. Any comparison between the two pros and cons? I have owned several Glock pistols over the years but never a Sig. Very interested as it is a little bit smaller than the 43 with a larger magazine capacity what do you guys think?

I have both and prefer shooting the Glock.

And don't forget the new 43X. They are already on gun broker, and the new model erases the capacity difference between the two.

Reactions: Laughing_Jackal
Yeah, have heard about the 43x but it is apparently a little bigger than the 43. the 365 is 1/2 to 3/4 inch shorter than the 43. A bit easier to conceal.

I have both and prefer shooting the Glock.

And don't forget the new 43X. They are already on gun broker, and the new model erases the capacity difference between the two.
what is it about the 43 that you prefer over the 365?

I don’t have any experience with the 365, but I do have quite a bit with my Glock 43. It’s always been simple and flawless for me. Only thing I did with it was replace the factory sights with some Dawson’s. My recommendation is to go to a local range and try them both out. See which you prefer.
I did shoot them both, didn't mind the lower sights of the 365, it also felt better in my hand. Have lots of rounds down range with a 43 so this would be a new adventure but with the increase in capacity and decrease in overall size I am very curious.... Didn't get any real answers after shooting it back to back with a 43 either. Like them both..... Shit......

Reactions: WYO09
Fuck Sig.

Do some reading on the issues with the 365.

Check out the Indian MIM parts.

Sig Legions with garbage fit and finish, far inferior to to the old W. German models. Great trigger but a crap finish, machining marks... fuck.

Cohen is a piece of shit who is running a fine company into the ground.

A Glock 43 may not be the flavor of the month, with full page ads in the fagazines, but it will run like a goddamn sewing machine when you need it.

Fuck Sig.

Do some reading on the issues with the 365.

Check out the Indian MIM parts.

Sig Legions with garbage fit and finish, far inferior to to the old W. German models. Great trigger but a crap finish, machining marks... fuck.

Cohen is a piece of shit who is running a fine company into the ground.

A Glock 43 may not be the flavor of the month, with full page ads in the fagazines, but it will run like a goddamn sewing machine when you need it.
Well that was a sobering read, if my dad read this he would go into cardiac arrest. I’ve never really been a fan of Sig to begin with. My hands are just too small for them.

what is it about the 43 that you prefer over the 365?

To start with - my first early model was about as reliable as a beat up Lorcin 380. My second one - shipped from Brownells in June - fails to go into battery just enough to make me not trust it.

Even if reliability were the same, the ergonomics of the Sig just aren’t as good for me personally.

As expected, the G43 is boringly reliable. I also picked up a 43x and 48 today. I’ll post pics with the p365 tomorrow.

I have had a few P-series Sigs, still do, I shoot great with them. But I’ve seen what they let out the door with a Legion P229, fantastic trigger, shot beautifully, but cosmetic shit that absolutely should not have gone out the door.

Combine that with MIM going into all their pistols now from a shithole country that can’t even build their own functioning service rifle?

I’m pissed about it because I really like what Sig used to be. Now? They sell scopes made by a third party, make cheap shit and cut corners to maximize profit.

I’d buy the Glock.

Well that was a sobering read, if my dad read this he would go into cardiac arrest. I’ve never really been a fan of Sig to begin with. My hands are just too small for them.

I have smaller hands as well, have you tried the E2 grips on the P-series? It made a big difference for me.

Bought a 365 just over 3 months ago, I've concealed carried since '84. The 365 replaced a Kahr PM40 I'd carried for 10 years. I also have a full sized 1911, Para Ordnance P12, P226, or P320 X-Carry to choose from.

I've put 750+ rounds through the 365, 115g Blazer and Federal +P 115g hp and have not had any malfunctions at all, accuracy is easily sub 3" at 10yds, center mass in silhouettes is no problem at 25yds. Point shooting double taps at 7yds are inside 12".

I have full confidence in the platform to date. The convenience, capacity, and accuracy are hard to argue.

I have had a few P-series Sigs, still do, I shoot great with them. But I’ve seen what they let out the door with a Legion P229, fantastic trigger, shot beautifully, but cosmetic shit that absolutely should not have gone out the door.

Combine that with MIM going into all their pistols now from a shithole country that can’t even build their own functioning service rifle?

I’m pissed about it because I really like what Sig used to be. Now? They sell scopes made by a third party, make cheap shit and cut corners to maximize profit.

I’d buy the Glock.

I have smaller hands as well, have you tried the E2 grips on the P-series? It made a big difference for me.
Negative, I have not.

I’d buy the Glock.

MIM????

Funny how many poo poo Sig... "I heard it was a turd..." It must be true if you believe the internet spew...

The problems are a small fraction of the Sigs out there, of course.

There is a pattern of 1) cheap shitty parts, 2) Sig not proactively fixing things they knew were issues (anyone remember the P320 stupidity?) 3) releasing products without good testing and with poor quality control.

The P365 would probably be a great gun except for shit quality control.

Let’s go through the list of reported issues, shall we?

Failures to feed
Failures to eject
Broken strikers
Failures to lock back
Failures to return to battery
Broken trigger return springs
Barrel peening
Primer swipes with an MIM firing pin

Sorry, just no. We live in a world where I can buy a Shield, a G43, fill it with Gold Dots, HST, or Ranger T and not have to think twice.

If you all want to defend Sig, then fine, spend your money how you like. Keep sticking your head in the sand while using that P365 as a fucking dildo.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/jeremy-s/gun-review-follow-up-sig-p365/

This is a combination of poor quality control and using gun owners as beta testers, then refusing to acknowledge issues.

The problems are a small fraction of the Sigs out there, of course.

There is a pattern of 1) cheap shitty parts, 2) Sig not proactively fixing things they knew were issues (anyone remember the P320 stupidity?) 3) releasing products without good testing and with poor quality control.

The P365 would probably be a great gun except for shit quality control.

Let’s go through the list of reported issues, shall we?

Failures to feed
Failures to eject
Broken strikers
Failures to lock back
Failures to return to battery
Broken trigger return springs
Barrel peening
Primer swipes with an MIM firing pin

Sorry, just no. We live in a world where I can buy a Shield, a G43, fill it with Gold Dots, HST, or Ranger T and not have to think twice.

If you all want to defend Sig, then fine, spend your money how you like. Keep sticking your head in the sand while using that P365 as a fucking dildo.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/jeremy-s/gun-review-follow-up-sig-p365/

This is a combination of poor quality control and using gun owners as beta testers, then refusing to acknowledge issues.
AATW!

I don’t think the average gun owner realizes how bad the firing pin swipes are.

It’s an indicator of poor timing in a Browning tilt-barrel system. I’ve shot M9s, P229s, P226s, 1911s, G19/G22/G43 and I’ve never seen it.

Firing pins are NOT designed for those kind of shearing/lateral forces, the P365, from what I’ve seen of the firing pin, is no exception. Make that an MIM part instead of tool steel, and I start to wonder what the factor of safety is for those forces as the pistol starts to unlock.

I have an engineering background and that just makes me cringe inside.

Funny how many poo poo Sig... "I heard it was a turd..." It must be true if you believe the internet spew...

For me, it’s personal not what I heard on the net . My first mpx had problems, and that doesn’t include being promised I could switch calibers when I bought it - only to find out that wasn’t the case. Luckily I bought 2 and the one I SBRd runs like a champ. I was also told (by sig) that the mpx mags weren’t changing between gen 1 and 2. I now have a drawer full of gen 1 mags that aren’t worth 20% of what I paid for them. In addition, the Sig reps at SHOT right before the mpx finally released we’re bragging about how you could use any AR trigger with it. You can’t.

The drop problems on the first gen 320s were documented and repeatable. My first 365 had all sorts of issues and my second one is much better but not reliable enough to carry.

I love a lot of Sigs ideas, but it’s hard to deny at this point that they treat the public as beta testers. I’m finished with any sig that hasn’t been on the market for a couple years. And then I still feel like I’m rolling the dice from a QC standpoint.

Last edited:
I was in the market to replace my XDS-9 compact and looked at the G43 and P365. Passed on the sig because of reasons mentioned already, glock 43 was too tiny to hold while shooting.

In the end I went with the M&P 9 Shield 2.0. Trigger is great, grip stippling is sharp, recoil feels really low for a sub compact pistol, just enough grip length to hook my pinky, very thin profile. Makes the XDS9 recoil feel like it was a .45 sub compact. Only complaint is the slide catch is really difficult to use as a slide release. Had to file down some burrs to make it usable. This seems to be a common issue.

Since the conversation has included sig stuff, might as well mention I also carry a Sig P320 Compact (15+1). Only issue I have so far is that the rear of the striker piece had a sharp edge which would keep the slide from closing if I didn't let it fly. Took a little a 600 grit and knocked off the sharp point and it closes smoothly now. Only have 800 rounds through it with one FTE, pretty sure it was the cheap ammo because it sounded quiet and barely moved the slide back.

I picked up a Sig P365 the other day and put 250 rounds of 115 gr ball ammo thru it without any issues; the Xray sights are very sharp and the gun is very accurate IF you manipulate the trigger well as with any short sight radius guns.

I have 2500 rounds thru this G43. I believe this Sig will be quite similar to the G43. I have a lot of Sigs (P226's, P229, P229c's, P238, P938, P6, P225) and multiple Glocks (G17's, G19's, G23's) with tens of thousands of rounds amongst them. I don't carry a firearm until I have at least 1K rounds experience with it and related holsters.

Striker fired mechanisms with drop-barrel slide cycling designs (Glock's, M&P's and now late to the party Sig striker fired variants) often incorporate a tear-drop shaped aperture on the breech face to optimize reliability of clearing fired cartridges from the breech; the normal appearing primer imprint is the result often mistaken for a problem of primer “wipe” associated with other non- striker firing pin mechanisms.

As you can see the ergonomic shapes are virtually identical.

IMG_1213(1) copy.JPG
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 8.46.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 7.19.08 PM.png
Picture 7fds copy.png
IMG_1218(1) copy.JPG

Reactions: KZP
I have both also, 365 has a better trigger and reset, grip, sights, capacity,,and to me, less felt recoil

7637C1D1-8F64-4256-BDB8-6526B836E22F.jpeg

This is the result of a Browning tilt-barrel action unlocking too early. This is a TIMING PROBLEM.

Just because X-thousand rounds worked for you doesn’t mean it isn’t a design flaw.

Just because Sig said “fuck it, make the firing pin a bit thicker” doesn’t mean it’s a well engineered pistol, a good design, and a reliable tool.

Saying “Oh guys, this tastes pretty good” doesn’t mean that there isn’t a cock in your mouth.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaleGribble82
I have owned a lot of Glocks and we only have one now in the house - my Wife's G42. I loved the G43 and it was accurate, fast and flawless. Shot a sig P365...meh. Shot a Sig P290RS and bought one. After 400 rounds it has been flawless as well, juts as accurate as the G43.

I think maybe some Sigs have their issues but overall I'll take Sig Sauer over Glock 9 days out of 10 as they suit my style of shooting and my hands better.

VooDoo

I owned a late 80's P226 and it was one of the finest pistols I've ever owned or fired. It was superbly accurate and 100% reliable. All of my Glocks have been the same. Fast forward to a couple of years ago - I decided to buy another Sig P226. It was nowhere near the quality of my first one. It had accuracy as well as Ftf issues and I sold it for a loss with that info going to the buyer. He traded it. I bought a Mosquito when they went on sale (before being discontinued) and it was another huge disappointment. I had the opportunity to shoot a mag thru the 365 with some Federal ammo and the slide failed to lock back on the last round. It would not function well at all with CCI blazers ftf and fte and they work fine in all my other 9mm's. IMHO, Sig quality is just not there.

Well shit, you guys are a wealth of information. I had no idea that there have been so many changes with sig in recent years.

Best information I can give you is the fact that the United States Army chose Sig Sauer’s M17 to replace the Berretta M9. All that means is Sig was the lowest bidder. To become the lowest bidder corners must be cut. Not much else to it bud.

Bought a 365 just over 3 months ago, I've concealed carried since '84. The 365 replaced a Kahr PM40 I'd carried for 10 years. I also have a full sized 1911, Para Ordnance P12, P226, or P320 X-Carry to choose from.

I've put 750+ rounds through the 365, 115g Blazer and Federal +P 115g hp and have not had any malfunctions at all, accuracy is easily sub 3" at 10yds, center mass in silhouettes is no problem at 25yds. Point shooting double taps at 7yds are inside 12".

I have full confidence in the platform to date. The convenience, capacity, and accuracy are hard to argue.

I have the Glock 43 and sig p365. The Glock is reliable and a nice carry gun. I had the grip stippled and undercut trigger guard and it feels much better. Probably have 600-700 rounds with no malfunctions.

My p365 was made April 2018. I have just over 3500 rounds through it with half being speer gold dot 124 grain +p since it’s my issued round. The sig is easy to shoot fast, but because the grip area is small, I have caused malfunctions with my support hand grip locking the slide back. It’s happened too many times to count, but it’s my fault. I shoot glocks on duty and I think the high support grip doesn’t work so well for me with the sig. I shoot it one handed much better than the 43. I agree that 3” at 10 yards for decently fast shooting is about right. Taking my time at 7 yards is usually one ragged hole under 1.5”. It’s an accurate little gun with a good trigger. I am sure my grip issues with locking back the slide can be fixed and it’s more due to holding it like a Glock that I shoot every week. If I loosen my grip a little it doesn’t happen, but then my follow up shots aren’t as accurate. The sig just wants to be run fast.

Both are great guns for carry. I usually carry a Glock 26, but do feel confident in the sig as far as the firearm working.

What do you have the most experience shooting? Sigs or Glocks?

If you have a lot of experience with Glocks - 17/19/23/22 etc- Stick with the glock.....

Opposite is true of Sig-

Sigs, I believe, point the same grip angle as a 1911
the Glock- same as the glock

Under stress, you will shoot based upon muscle/ subconscious memory. Stay with a gun that points the same way.

Same with the little 1911 Sig in 380. If you always run a 1911, it is great. If you run a glock and get the little sig, you might not release the slide safety when needed....

I carry a 43 24-7 365. Yes, I even have a second one in a kydex holster screwed to the headboard, lol
I started out late in my career hating having to give up my 1911 for a gaston gun and learned to trust it. Both my 43's work and I have a dozen extra mags all with the Pearce plus one and no mals after several thousand through each gun. My guns are stock except for turning the rear sight around and plying a small round file in the slot to match the white ball on the front. Sometimes carry both guns concealed at the same time. My Glocks work, why would I want anything else? I would like to have a Glock 48 and would love a single stack 45 Glock with the same grip angle as 1911. Not changing but I do respect Sigs pistols but shooting Competition I tried a 220 and ended up being almost overtaken by the class below me. I can shoot the Glock much faster having learned the take-up and being familiar. I will say that in my 62 years I have never shot a pistol as easy to shoot as well as 1911. I do confess that I have an issue the weight so I carry the little Glocks. I carry a Glock 20 in Bear country but honestly, I feel much safer up in the woods than I do downtown.

Attachments

• 26685241_1555789131195110_6299521270729567122_o.jpg
    26685241_1555789131195110_6299521270729567122_o.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 48
I have not used the Sig but have played with lots of Sigs over the years. I am not a fan. I do however have lots of Glocks including the g43. I carry the crap out of that thing. For me its great for hot weather and G19 for cold weather.

There's a lot of things that look a lot better on paper Glocks. But as a tool, it's hard to look past the proven track record. Malfunctions are the exception, not the rule. Regarding something my life might depend on one day, I'll always default to the tool with the best track record.

One other thing to consider, especially if you carry AIWB.... you can get a Gadget for a G43. Gadget link It is a very nice added layer of safety for striker fired guns that's usually only reserved for hammer fired guns. When you re-holster on a live round you can ride your thumb on the back of the slide, and the trigger WILL NOT MOVE.

Sig p365 all day every day, get a recent build and stop reading internet BS.

this coming from a glock fanboy also. Sold my 43, hell I sold my 19.

I got a P365 and after the first mag wanted to throw my Glock 43 in the trash. Better in every way.

Reactions: phxfa
For me it was all about total size and how much of my hand could fit on the grip... after that shooting comfort and controllability. The P365 just fits me better than both the 43 and 26, with and without mag extensions and pinky hooks.

Glock! Carry what you want. I want a G48 now for OWB.
The Glock 19x has really peaked my interest as of late. Granted I think I’d be more satisfied with a standard G19. I don’t have a G19 or a G23. If I were to add another Glock to the collection I already have, it would probably have to be one of those two choices.

I checked out the 43X at SHOT and it felt good in the hand. A friend that was there talked to the Glock people and the 43 slide will fit on the 43X and 48 frames and vice versa. They said if you already have a 43 you should get the 48 so you can mix and match to have all three models plus the 43 long slide.

If you want a 1911 style grip angle take a look at the Zev OZ9. Pointed extremely well but seemed a little too square in my hand if I was to nitpick.

The Glock 19x has really peaked my interest as of late. Granted I think I’d be more satisfied with a standard G19. I don’t have a G19 or a G23. If I were to add another Glock to the collection I already have, it would probably have to be one of those two choices.
I like the changes in the 19x. The did away with the trigger spring and the round firing pin safety plunger on Gen 5's. I like the magwell too.
I have a gen 3 19 with a lot of rounds and no issues but I hate the serrated triggers on my 43's. I smoothed trigger face down a dab.