• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 44 shortcomings

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
I have been a Glock Fanboy for years. Was excited when they came out with a 22LR based on my favorite Glock, the 19.
Why didnt Glock add some wt here and there to make it weigh same as 19. I know 9mm ammo is cheap, but looks like it would have made a cheap training pistol if they would have duplicated it better

I wouldn’t say im a “glock guy”.. i have a g45, just bought the g44, and have a g17(my duty weapon). The main reason i got the g44 was because i did not have a 22 pistol and it was priced well, mags fit my carriers, and the pistol fits my holsters. I do own a xds, a xdm, and a taurus revolver. With all that said, the g44 has been what i expected so far. The first round was a stovepipe and every round after that has been flawless. The main reason i bought this gun was to add it into my training and because I didn’t have a 22 pistol. Im interested to see how things go as i put more rounds through it and i may get rid of the original sights soon. But overall, so far, im pleased with my purchase and looking forward to getting more rounds through it.

I say I’m kind of a Glock guy mainly because they’re relatively inexpensive, stupidly simple, and reliable. Everything I want in a handgun that’s going to be carried daily in the AZ sun where it’ll get drenched in sweat, beat to hell, but still go bang when I need it to.

Outside of that? I’m a big Beretta guy (love my Elite II!), have a custom 1911, love the Hi-Power, am a closet Sig fan (mostly of their classics like the 220, 226, 228, and 229), have a weird thing for revolvers, and lust after an HK P7M8 and a P7M13.

So while I do love my Glocks, they’re anything but the be-all, end-all that the real fanbois think they are. If I could only own one handgun, it would be my G19. But because I don’t have to limit myself like that, I let myself enjoy the finer things in life, too! ;)

As for the G44, I’m gonna let them iron of the kinks before I spend my money on one.

Reactions: black5.3
I'm sure somebody will come up with ways to weigh it the same as a 19....

Glock had some pretty original good ideas back then. When you have a good thing, you build on that - sort of like people have been doing with the Good Ol' 1911 ;) :D

Reactions: nikonNUT
The slide weight reduction (polymer/steel) was done on purpose for function reasons. If glock has to add weight to match the 19, it would probably be in the frame.
Despite reports of requiring “cci mini mag”, not functioning properly with federal bulk pack etc... mine has been the fine with the 36 grain Federal bulk pack ammo. It is light but it’s also a lot of fun to shoot. So far I am happy with G44.

Last edited:
I shot one today. It was underwhelming - because the thing is so ridiculously light. The balance is fine. It feels like a Glock. It shoots like a Glock. But it's just so light. No weight out front. In that regard, it reminds me of a Luger (except it doesn't launch empties straight up in the air to rain back down on your head and a Luger is heavier).

I don't mind Glocks... a G43 is my EDC because it's stone-cold reliable, comfortable to shoot for its size, and decently accurate. But this one truly feels like a plastic toy because its so light. It's a Glock so it will run and it will last forever. It's not for me.

Glock is so much smarter than some people are giving them credit for being. This Glock was not built for us existing Glock owners. It was, I think, created for people who don't yet own a Glock.

Think of the G44 as a "gateway drug".

It's also a fun gun for existing Glock fans, as well. I'm a new Glock 44 owner and I'm extremely happy with the entire concept. And, I'm 100% ok with a .22 LR pistol being so light as the Glock 44. My experience so far has been one malfunction per 150 rounds, with remarkably good accuracy in the process. I should add that my existing .22LR ammo stash is all better than average stuff.
IMG_8437.jpeg
IMG_8439.jpeg
IMG_2351.jpeg

Reactions: black5.3
Any more feedback on this pistol? Looking at adding a semi 22 for my daughter and I to shoot.

I love the Browning 1911 22 but the sights are terrible.

I have put several hundred more rounds through mine and it shoots good, is accurate, but it is definitely picky with some loads. I think from here on out i need to remember to only buy 40gr hot stuff. If you plan on running it suppressed it will only help the reliability. Some people have claimed to have blown the extractor out of the side if the slide but i have personally not seen it. I will just keep putting rounds through mine and see how it goes... For me, at the end of the day i bought this as a pistol to “play” with, progress my wife’s training and one day teach my kids with. I don’t put it in a holster and wear it while on duty or CC it. If i have a few malfunctions with it, its not a huge deal to me because im not going to put myself in a situation where im trusting my life to this gun.

Reactions: rookie7
Any more feedback on this pistol? Looking at adding a semi 22 for my daughter and I to shoot.

I love the Browning 1911 22 but the sights are terrible.
Runs pretty good even when I shoot thunderbolt or other trash ammo. Some failures here and there that are all ammo related. it’s light which my wife likes, and is the same size as a g19 which I like. I am exclusively a Glock guy other than .22s because up until now they didn’t have one. I can 100% say I prefer it over the Ruger 22/45 lite.

Reactions: rookie7
2500 rounds and counting through mine with 8 different kinds of ammo including HP and subsonic.
So far not a single hiccup, with zero cleaning/maintenance.

I get it won’t be for everyone, but I like it

Reactions: MSTN and black5.3
Glock is so much smarter than some people are giving them credit for being. This Glock was not built for us existing Glock owners. It was, I think, created for people who don't yet own a Glock.

Think of the G44 as a "gateway drug".

It's also a fun gun for existing Glock fans, as well. I'm a new Glock 44 owner and I'm extremely happy with the entire concept. And, I'm 100% ok with a .22 LR pistol being so light as the Glock 44. My experience so far has been one malfunction per 150 rounds, with remarkably good accuracy in the process. I should add that my existing .22LR ammo stash is all better than average stuff. View attachment 7243647View attachment 7243648View attachment 7243650
I'm assuming yours hasnt blown the extractor spring out from the right side of the slide yet right? I feel as though glock cheaped out on their manufacturing process and are now paying the price...they should have made an all metal slide like walther has been with their OEM handguns for colt/s&w and whichever other companies contract to walther for 22 pistols