• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 48 build is complete!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2020
Edmond, OK
With the launch of the Shield Arms S15 mags, my interest in the 48/43x came back. Sent my slide off to JagerWerks for their Holosun 7k cut and their front end bob. Went with Tungsten on the refinish.

I gave up on Kenzie's Optics after getting an email from one of the local shops that they had 507k's in stock. Stopped by this afternoon and picked up two. One for this 48 and the other for my P365XL.

Mounted and slaved it to my irons. Will zero tomorrow. Wasn't sure about the ring over dot, but it's growing on me.

Really looking forward to carrying this.
IMG_20200708_161250_325.jpg
IMG_20200708_155619.jpg
IMG_20200708_155450.jpg
IMG_20200708_163208.jpg

What all Holosun sights will fit on the skinny 43/48 slides?

407k and 507k were designed for them. I'm sure you could find mounts to fit the larger 407c models, but you'd loose your cowitness unless you went giant on iron sights and they will be gigantic.

Well that's just pretty damn cool! Makes me wish I wasn't on this anti-China kick, haha!

Looks good! Just need to putt a set of Dawson sights on mine and skate board tape on the grip. I think I’m going to putt up the ol Glock 34 for about 6-7 matches now that I have the tricked out shield mags to get her broke in.

Reactions: rockchalk06
After working on some loads in the HMR, we took to the 10 yard steel lane and had a metric shit ton of fun. I was running this 48 along side a few full size XD's with dots and a couple high end 2011's. Downside was I only brought 200 rounds with me. Upside was I only burned 200 rounds of my sock.

I really need to have an OWB rig built for this weapon. I haven't carried IWB for over a year now. Carried this for 13 hours on Saturday and the only time I wasn't thinking this was a bad idear was when I was in the truck. Something about the seats of my Ram hug it just right. I just wish someone would make a brighter weapon mounted light than 100 lumens. I do have a 1000 Lumen Surefire on my weak side, but it's not the same as weapon mounted.

You co-witnessed the dot to the irons? Doesn’t that put the dot way down in the bottom of your field of view instead of the center? I haven’t got mine set up yet but I’ve heard it was best practices to zero the dot independent of the irons. Regardless, that’s an awesome setup you’ve got there.

Edit: reading comprehension fail, on my part. Realized you slaved it to the irons, then plan to zero it later.

Last edited:
You co-witnessed the dot to the irons? Doesn’t that put the dot way down in the bottom of your field of view instead of the center? I haven’t got mine set up yet but I’ve heard it was best practices to zero the dot independent of the irons. Regardless, that’s an awesome setup you’ve got there.

Edit: reading comprehension fail, on my part. Realized you slaved it to the irons, then plan to zero it later.

Ya. I slave it to the irons, then zero it at whatever distance I need.

Reactions: JC0352

In addition to Holosun’s awesome new little 507K, I just saw that Continuous Precision is putting larger mini red dots like the RMR and 507C on these skinny guns.
47F2F590-A9B9-428E-B2C9-BADF9802E325.jpeg

4BD971F2-D2A5-4899-8FAA-EE7F73028037.jpeg

Yea, I would’ve gone the same route you went, with a dot made for that type of pistol. Probably will when my wife’s new 48 finally comes in.

In addition to Holosun’s awesome new little 507K, I just saw that Continuous Precision is putting larger mini red dots like the RMR and 507C on these skinny guns.
View attachment 7398166
View attachment 7398167

Why even bother with those goofy irons in front of the dot? The sight radius is so short as to be almost useless. I've always been a fan of irons behind the dot, especially on shorter pistols like the 43/43X that's already short enough.

I'll probably have to send my 48 into JagerWerks soon, I'd love to get a 507K cut for it!

Why even bother with those goofy irons in front of the dot? The sight radius is so short as to be almost useless.

Just backups in case your battery shits the bed when you need it? I think the placement of the irons is a personal choice. Some people say their eye is more easily drawn to the dot easier when the rear isn’t back there staring at them.

I don’t know; I haven’t got a pistol set up w/ a dot yet.

Reactions: Basher
Just backups in case your battery shits the bed when you need it? I think the placement of the irons is a personal choice. Some people say their eye is more easily drawn to the dot easier when the rear isn’t back there staring at them.

I don’t know; I haven’t got a pistol set up w/ a dot yet.

LOL. It was kind of a facetious jab, really. I’m all for having backup irons, but losing an inch and a half or so of sight radius seems silly when the rear cut works fine, though I could see your point. I run fixed BUIS on my rifles that run a red dot, so I’m used to them being there. Just seems silly to throw away that extra sight radius on a tool that some people already struggle enough to use effectively.

Reactions: JC0352