• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beef_Supreme

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2011
VA
Model 21 SF, so far not very impressed with accuracy at all.
230GR ball, Federal Match, white box Win, UMC, Rem etc. NO handloads, all factory and nothing seems to do any better than fist sized groups at 15 yards.
I had an old Gen 1 21 years ago and it was amazingly accurate. I own 2 1911's one I built at school, one a DW Pointman and I shoot fifty cent piece sized groups with either off hand at 15, but this thing is erratic. 1 high, one low, maybe 2 or 3 to POA and then another flyer.

Suggestions? roughly 150-200 rounds through it and not satisfied.

Re: Glock Accuracy

Get an M&P instead.
But really, I've never been able to shoot Glocks accurately due to the grip design.
Some folks dig it but not me. Especially compared to a 1911.

Just got issued a new Gen 4 .40. First 5 rounds at 10 yards were one ragged hole.

My Gen 3 (which I was able to buy back) was similar. Extremely accurate. Far better than I expected when it was first issued.

My off-duty Model 27... the same. Uncanny accuracy.

However, I don't have any experience with the Glock .45's. Though perhaps yours doesn't like the particular load? And it's possible w. anything mass-produced, you got a poor one.

Let us know if a load change helps or what happens if you contact Glock.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I've never been impressed with Glock accuracy. Then again, it was never intended to be a Bullseye gun.

Ragged holes with a .40 cal. Glock? Extremely, extremely (did I say extremely) impressive, because the .40's were the worst of the ones I have seen and tested. Note that it is likely significant (and indicative of something - hint, hint
wink.gif
) that your first five rounds shot to a different point of impact than the subsequent five.

The newer Glocks are more accurate than the first and second generation ones, perhaps owing to better tolerances. But I don't see how a polymer frame pistol can ever attain the inherent accuracy of a steel-frame gun.

I will clarify that to say one ragged hole the size of a nickel (or a quarter)... But both my 'heavily shot' Glocks will do that every time. My new duty Glock, I'll have to see. But so far, the initial qual I shot when it was issued me indicated it would be dead on.

I'll post some targets this weekend if there is any doubt...

Personally, I love 1911's. I have several, all Colt. Shoot them well. They are lovely. My favorite handgun of all time. But at the academy, they pointed out that your new favorite gun is 'the one that was issued to you.' There is something to that.

A few years ago, I went to a handgun school where we shot about 1200 rounds over 4 days. I intentionally didn't clean my Glock or do anything to it, just to see how it could do under adverse conditions. I not only achieved 100 percent accuracy on the final quals for a perfect score... but the whole time, had not a single malfunction. No issues at all.

I'll never have a 'collectors passion' for Glock's Tactical Tupperware. They are tools, nothing more. But when I have to stake my life and the lives of my fellow officers on a handgun... I feel like I could do a lot worse!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have to agree with Sirhr, my 17 is very accurate. I have always been a "hater" until I finally broke down and bought one. I had shot them before and was never a big fan, I have always been a Sig 220/226 fan. But after shooting one a bit I now have sold all my other handguns and truely respect what a Glock is and can do. My 3rd gen 17 is very accurate and it dosent drop off after several hundred rounds of use and no cleaning. I have converted, and am proud of it!

I was just issued a mod. 23 gen4 and can not get a good center mass group at all. Our Fire arms instructor says I am jerking the trigger and when I showed him that I was not he told me to feel for the reset? I had a gen 2 19 and did alright withit. My sig 226 in 357 sig I shoot fine and my rock Island, spingfield operator and my amt hardballer I shoot fine. I seem to be shooting low and left when aiming at 10 ring, any suggestions.

Aim higher?

I have to kinda laugh when people bring up pistol accuracy...for many reasons!

Any decent pistol is more accurate than the shooter.
If you shoot groups better with one than another, it is only because you happen to shoot one better than the other - it's nothing to do with the intrinsic accuracy of the platform

I was at the range one day and the fella next to me was trying out his new Glock 26. After a couple boxes of ammo and a lot of swearing, he complained to all that would listen that the 26 was inaccurate, and he was expecting better because his 17 was very accurate. Normally I would have grieved with him for a minute, but this time I decided I'd humble him...I am fond of the little glocks and shoot them often. I asked if I could try it, and proceeded to put 3 magazines worth of ammo into a 4 or 5" 10 ring at 25 yards.

Sorry to be a dick, but if you can't shoot the face out of the bad guy target at 25 yards with a glock - you're not shooting it right.

A local firearms instructor has a class aptly named "the gun is fine, it's you that sucks". I've attended this class many times, to remind myself that in fact, the gun is fine...it's ME that sucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to kinda laugh when people bring up pistol accuracy...for many reasons!
If you shoot groups better with one than another, it is only because you happen to shoot one better than the other - it's nothing to do with the intrinsic accuracy of the platform</div></div>Hmmmm..... Raven .25 Auto vs. Walther GSP?
whistle.gif

Or, let's see, you said 'decent' pistols, like a Glock 22 vs. a 1911?

unfourtunatly if your talking about the accuracy of a modern pistol then the problem is probably in the mirror if you cant achieve decent accuracy. most modern pistols will shoot more accurate then the shooter ever could. the problem i beleive is you got use to the hair trigger on the 1911's and now you forgot how to execute proper trigger control on a heavier fire arm trigger with only two points of contact on it (a pistol).

i recommend doing a lot of dry firing and focus on keeping the sights aligned the entire time you pull the trigger straight to the rear. the sights should remain aligned after the trigger breaks when dry firing. practice that and i bet the accuracy of that glock clears right up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bet the accuracy of that glock clears right up.</div></div>I bet it doesn't. But I admit that it depends on what the accuracy standard is to begin with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got issued a new Gen 4 .40. First 5 rounds at 10 yards were one ragged hole.

My Gen 3 (which I was able to buy back) was similar. Extremely accurate. Far better than I expected when it was first issued.

My off-duty Model 27... the same. Uncanny accuracy.

However, I don't have any experience with the Glock .45's. Though perhaps yours doesn't like the particular load? And it's possible w. anything mass-produced, you got a poor one.

Let us know if a load change helps or what happens if you contact Glock.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

Your a cop ha? all you cops seem to get issued the same glock 40 not listed for general publics purchasing. we can only get glocks model 39 and below... thats what i ask guys to tell if they are cops... what glock do you have? then they proceed to tell me the caliber not the model even though its stamped right on the side of the damn gun they were issued. you realize there are 3 different model glocks in .40 caliber right? lol i know im an asshole sorry...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bet the accuracy of that glock clears right up.</div></div>I bet it doesn't. But I admit that it depends on what the accuracy standard is to begin with. </div></div>

if you cant put 10 rounds in one ragged hole at 10 yards then either you or your pistol is fucked up. take any modern pistol off the shelf and clamp that fucker down in a vice and shoot groups and they all will shoot similar group sizes... i see it all the time...guys say "i hate glocks because im way more accurate with (insert DA autoloading pistol name here)"

i wonder why they all can shoot DA pistols more accuratly?... couldnt be that they just suck and need a very light DA trigger to coverup for there poor trigger control...

Wait, you're saying they have numbers???

Per my comment above that they are "Tactical Tupperware that I don't appreciate as a collector..." it just never occurs to me that one Glock is different from another, beyond caliber. Sorry!

Duty Glock is a 22 in .40. We just got 22 Gen 4's about 3 weeks ago. Previously we had the 22 Gen 3.

Off duty is a 27 .40, Gen 3.

Agree with folks above that dry firing and trigger control is key to a Glock. And (Raven's aside), most modern handguns are far more accurate than I'll ever be.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS Kentactic... You're not an a**hole at all... just more interested in Glocks than I am ;-) Now if you want to talk Colt Single Action Army's...

This might be way off but I'll give my 2 cents. I qualified a guy from another department 2 months ago and he swore his sights were off. He was shooting 4 inches left at 30 feet. I took it and shot dead on. The difference, I told him to focus solely on the front sight. I told him to worry about nothing else then making sure he stayed on the front sight, all the way through the shot, and he was right on. FRONT SIGHT, FRONT SIGHT, FRONT SIGHT! Good luck and don't throw away the gun just yet.
Chris

Best line I ever heard regarding handguns "If you treat your handgun like you treat your lawnmower, the Glock is for you......"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait, you're saying they have numbers???

Per my comment above that they are "Tactical Tupperware that I don't appreciate as a collector..." it just never occurs to me that one Glock is different from another, beyond caliber. Sorry!

Duty Glock is a 22 in .40. We just got 22 Gen 4's about 3 weeks ago. Previously we had the 22 Gen 3.

Off duty is a 27 .40, Gen 3.

Agree with folks above that dry firing and trigger control is key to a Glock. And (Raven's aside), most modern handguns are far more accurate than I'll ever be.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS Kentactic... You're not an a**hole at all... just more interested in Glocks than I am ;-) Now if you want to talk Colt Single Action Army's... </div></div>

nah i dont know anything about them colts... i know my limits of BSing lol...

Do you know anyone with another Glock in the same model that you could try? How about a local range that rents Glocks? I usually try to trouble-shoot the problem by starting with another gun in the same configuration.

Regarding trigger control, I advise people to buy some snap caps, load them randomly in 3 magazines, and then perform a 3-card monty on yourself. You won't know where these guys are buried in the magazines, and you'll catch yourself jerking the trigger during strings of fire.

This is my method for anyone who is failing to hit the black, and when/if they ask for feedback (I don't coach anyone at the range unless asked), I'll load these to determine trigger control. Works well as a self-coaching method as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regarding trigger control, I advise people to buy some snap caps, load them randomly in 3 magazines, and then perform a 3-card monty on yourself. You won't know where these guys are buried in the magazines, and you'll catch yourself jerking the trigger during strings of fire.

This is my method for anyone who is failing to hit the black, and when/if they ask for feedback (I don't coach anyone at the range unless asked), I'll load these to determine trigger control. Works well as a self-coaching method as well. </div></div>

yeah thats a good way too prove the guys anticipating and flinching from recoil. if they are doing it they know they are but thats a good way to bring it out so they cant be in denial any longer and the learning can begin.

Perhaps I should clarify some things. First off I appreciate the replies and advice.
I am FULLY aware of the asshole behind the trigger being the most important factor in accurate shooting. ANY time someone asks me about a crappy shooting gun that is how I respond, and I have proven many many many guns to be more than acceptably accurate, and placed them back into the hands of inaccurate shooters with targets to prove the validity.
I have been shooting for years upon years, and have shot most everything under the sun and I work in the firearms industry as an instructor.... and all the other bullshit you may be rolling your eyes on as I might be inclined to do. BUT- This GD thing is NOT shooting as I expect it to and perhaps I expect too much, while not spoiled despite owning some seriously nice stuff, I feel it SHOULD do better than it is.
SO if someone ACTUALLY knows anything related to Glock accuracy, like perhaps bad runs in a serial number range or valid informtation like that, then put the dime on your own front sight and play with the snap caps in your spare time.

One of three things is going on here
1 you can't shoot for shit
2 your ammo sucks
3 your pistol sucks

I'm going to assume 1 and 2 are not the issue, so get glock on the phone

Called them up, explained the situation to them and exactly what had transpired and all of the details I have thus far shared with you guys and they want the pistol back to go through it. They were quite adamant about that, so it's possible they know something they don't want to share. We will see I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef_Supreme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suggestions? roughly 150-200 rounds through it and not satisfied. </div></div>

Here's a suggestion: dont use a combat handgun for a target pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you cant put 10 rounds in one ragged hole at 10 yards then either you or your pistol is fucked up. </div></div>

Can you? Oh wait, of course you can, cuz this is the internet...

Beef, are you familiar with stageing, or setting the trigger on the Glock? You should be able to feel the slack or take up in a the trigger on first shot. When you feal the slack stop dont jerk the trigger just continue to squeeze and focus on your sight picture. Keep the trigger to the rear of the frame during the cycling process. Then just left your finger go far enough forward until you feel the trigger reset and you will feel it through the frame of the gun and sometimes hear it depending. I dont know if you are releasing the trigger all the way forward when you dont have to. If you are allowing the trigger to move all the was forward past the reset, you could be altering your grip depending on your hand size, or your finger is changing position on the trigger. You can practice this technique with the weapon empty and dry firing. Just clear the gun, dry fire, then rack the slide back again and as I had said before let the trigger move forward slowly until you feel and hear the reset.If you are familiar with this process then well disreguard lol.

'Combat Handgun' Good thing I've seen a little on TV.
It's not much better than a slingshot and a cototnball if it won't hit any phuqin thing.

Beef', is there primer swipe on the spent cases? I owned one Glock that smeared the primers pretty bad for almost a thousand rounds (thought the firing pin would break long before that!) before the barrel started seating properly and consistently when it returned to battery. Accuracy went from "what the hell?!" to "very acceptable" and primer indents went from rectangular with smears to plain old rectangles.

I also found that my Grock 21 was fond of Speer Lawman and Federal HydraShoks (both 230 grains). They shot into noticeably smaller groups than most other factory rounds.

Hope you get it sorted out, pard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SniperCJ are you familiar with stageing, or setting the trigger on the Glock? You should be able to feel the slack or take up in a the trigger on first shot. When you feal the slack stop dont jerk the trigger just continue to squeeze and focus on your sight picture. Keep the trigger to the rear of the frame during the cycling process. Then just left your finger go far enough forward until you feel the trigger reset and you will feel it through the frame of the gun and sometimes hear it depending. I dont know if you are releasing the trigger all the way forward when you dont have to. If you are allowing the trigger to move all the was forward past the reset, you could be altering your grip depending on your hand size, or your finger is changing position on the trigger. You can practice this technique with the weapon empty and dry firing. Just clear the gun, dry fire, then rack the slide back again and as I had said before let the trigger move forward slowly until you feel and hear the reset.If you are familiar with this process then well disreguard lol. </div></div>

I think youre addressing the wrong guy. Im not the OP and I definately dont have a problem with my Glock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef_Supreme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'Combat Handgun' Good thing I've seen a little on TV.
It's not much better than a slingshot and a cototnball if it won't hit any phuqin thing. </div></div>

You must have some big-azz hands. My fist is about 3 inches. 3 inches at 15 yrd, well, *I* wouldnt stand there and let you shoot at me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bet the accuracy of that glock clears right up.</div></div>I bet it doesn't. But I admit that it depends on what the accuracy standard is to begin with. </div></div>if you cant put 10 rounds in one ragged hole at 10 yards then either you or your pistol is fucked up. take any modern pistol off the shelf and clamp that fucker down in a vice and shoot groups and they all will shoot similar group sizes... i see it all the time...</div></div>I doubt you've actually tried that, or seen it, especially with polymer frames, because then you would not have posted that. Are you talking from experience? Because there's a reason some people don't shoot lead out of their Glocks and a reason why Les Baer sorts barrels for his 'guarantee' pistols....and other reasons as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you cant put 10 rounds in one ragged hole at 10 yards then either you or your pistol is fucked up. </div></div>

Can you? Oh wait, of course you can, cuz this is the internet... </div></div>

yeah.. freedom of speech without fear of injury... you love it i can tell...

While I enjoy making beer money by hitting a 8 X 10 inch plate at distances out to 100 yards with a stock Glock 19, that's not a skill that has anything to do with most practical uses of a pistol. As one of the other posters noted, expecting bullseye-standard accuracy from a Glock is a misapplication of the Glock, which is, nevertheless, an excellent fighting tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bet the accuracy of that glock clears right up.</div></div>I bet it doesn't. But I admit that it depends on what the accuracy standard is to begin with. </div></div>if you cant put 10 rounds in one ragged hole at 10 yards then either you or your pistol is fucked up. take any modern pistol off the shelf and clamp that fucker down in a vice and shoot groups and they all will shoot similar group sizes... i see it all the time...</div></div>I doubt you've actually tried that, or seen it, especially with polymer frames, because then you would not have posted that. Are you talking from experience? Because there's a reason some people don't shoot lead out of their Glocks and a reason why Les Baer sorts barrels for his 'guarantee' pistols....and other reasons as well. </div></div>

oh no ive never seen or tried actually putting any guns in a vice. that was worded wierd. what i meant is i see people who claim glocks suck on accuracy because they themselves suck and like 1911's or other DA pistols because of the lighter trigger that helps hide there suck.

but yes i can shoot 10 rounds in one ragged hole at 10 yards all day. and thats not suppose to be impressive its suppose to mean i know how to actually shoot a pistol correctly and nothing more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bet the accuracy of that glock clears right up.</div></div>I bet it doesn't. But I admit that it depends on what the accuracy standard is to begin with. </div></div>if you cant put 10 rounds in one ragged hole at 10 yards then either you or your pistol is fucked up. take any modern pistol off the shelf and clamp that fucker down in a vice and shoot groups and they all will shoot similar group sizes... i see it all the time...</div></div>I doubt you've actually tried that, or seen it, especially with polymer frames, because then you would not have posted that. Are you talking from experience? Because there's a reason some people don't shoot lead out of their Glocks and a reason why Les Baer sorts barrels for his 'guarantee' pistols....and other reasons as well. </div></div>

I'm holding my target from last week here in my hand...5 rounds at 25 yards from a G34, measuring 2.5" center to center. That's with a 5.5lb stock trigger and HD night sights, using an isosceles hold, unsupported.

The key bit of info missing from the OP's post was where he had someone else shoot the G21 and found the same results. I'm not willing to believe something is wrong with my pistol until and unless I've had at least one or two other experienced pistol shooters put a magazine through the weapon and produce the same result.

As Frank said (I think it was him..), it's not that we're good...just that everyone else sucks. 10-15 MOA from a handgun isn't *that* difficult to achieve from most quality pistols provided there's nothing grossly wrong with the trigger or sights. Most every high-grade target pistol I've handled or sold had a 15, 25 or 50 yard target somewhere in the box that measured in the vicinity of 1-3 inches. Just because that Sig P210 can print a 3" group at 50 yards doesn't mean that you're likely to ever see anyone do it unsupported. Conversely, just because your run-of-the-mill G17 doesn't include a test target doesn't mean that it isn't mechanically capable of placing every round within 2-3 inches at 25 yards. The first rule is, the shooter shall not fuck up the gun.

As an aside, I knew a couple who decided to get into shooting one day. They bought a top-of-the-line Sig X5 racegun and a Dillon 550B, and began shooting about a thousand rounds a week. A year or so, and 50-60,000 rounds later, they'd progressed to shooting out dime-sized groups at 15 yards for hundreds of shots in a row. Never did find out how many rounds it was before they needed to replace anything on the X5, but it was a while...

As a point of reference, I measure my fist from knuckle to knuckle and it is 4 inches across. Yes-big effen meat hooks, but in retrospect, the groups are not that good.

None of the shoothers I consider competent that I have asked to shoot it for me have had any better success than I, and one that I consider better than me shot worse than I did with this Glock.

I do not have another 21 currently to compare this particular one to, but the one I did own previously shot incredibly well.
I will shoot again this weekend and update.

Sorry CJ I dont know how in the hell I got your name in that lol post edited.

Reread Zebra. Interesting, I will take a look and evaluate those things in my shooting of the Glock.

Well let me know how it works for you. I have a carried the same Glock 21 for about 7 years now. I was taught that little trick when I purchased it. Try it and see ive got a couple of guys at my dept. that have recently switched to the 21 SF platform without an issue, so I am curious. Also I meant to type your name in there and must have had a HUA moment ( head up ass ) and typed in SniperCJ lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aim higher?

I have to kinda laugh when people bring up pistol accuracy...for many reasons!

If you shoot groups better with one than another, it is only because you happen to shoot one better than the other - it's nothing to do with the intrinsic accuracy of the platform
*snip*
</div></div>

This. I promise a Glock is more accurate than you.

Glock 27 at Long Range (230 yards)

my glock 21sf is very picky about the ammo it likes most ammo it will spread all over the place at 25yds.....but with winchester 230gr,hp,white box it consistently shoots 3 inch groups...Now this is not anywhere close to match grade,but as everyone has already said this is a battle pistol....And yes i have mine set up as a bump in the night pistol...The only thing i have done to mine to upgrade it is trijocon tritium peep sights and titanium guide rod...
zk2883.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mahk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

This. I promise a Glock is more accurate than you.

Glock 27 at Long Range (230 yards) </div></div>

Absolutely!

Typically the loss in accuracy is because of the loose nut behind the gun. Go take a class from a reputable instructor/school.

glock barrels seem to be hit or miss.

300WSM, thanks for your post, but the reality of it all is that I just can't shoot. Everyone knows there are no tricks for any gun out there that I may overlook. Furthermore everyone knows that every part mass manufacured in a production facility is 100% perfect 100% of the time, and there is no possiblity that there is ANYthing wrong with my Glock. I now have to scrap 16 years of shooting, training, qualifications, tell my boss I am not eligible to work in LE Training Division and go sign up for a class somewhere.
Maybe someday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef_Supreme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Model 21 SF, so far not very impressed with accuracy at all.
230GR ball, Federal Match, white box Win, UMC, Rem etc. NO handloads, all factory and nothing seems to do any better than fist sized groups at 15 yards.
I had an old Gen 1 21 years ago and it was amazingly accurate. I own 2 1911's one I built at school, one a DW Pointman and I shoot fifty cent piece sized groups with either off hand at 15, but this thing is erratic. 1 high, one low, maybe 2 or 3 to POA and then another flyer.

Suggestions? roughly 150-200 rounds through it and not satisfied. </div></div>

Try dry firing it without ammo in the gun. Wait till your sights are sitting still through the firing sequence and shoot it with ammo.

Glocks are typically very accurate. It should be capable of one hole groups from 7-10 yards.

You have to shoot a glock to Trigger reset to shoot it well- so if you're not letting out slack and feeling the trigger reset after firing, you're probably not going to experience maximum accuracy.

glock barrels that I've tested seem to have wider extreme spreads then custom barrels. Possibly due to the polygonal rifling...less rifling is touching the bullet...maybe allowing gas past the bullet? I dunno the extact reason but ES is higher consistently with glock barrels.

accuracy - in my experience...

some glock barrels shoot certain ammos awesome and others fer crap.

some glock barrels can't hit a barn door from 10 feet.

and a few I've only run into 3 maybe 4 that shoot everything well

and 1 that I have shoots lights out anything you put through it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">accuracy - in my experience...

some glock barrels shoot certain ammos awesome and others fer crap.

some glock barrels can't hit a barn door from 10 feet.

and a few I've only run into 3 maybe 4 that shoot everything well

and 1 that I have shoots lights out anything you put through it.

</div></div>

The barn door comment is a GROSS exaggeration - I know you did not mean it literally, but in the context of a thread regarding the accuracy of a Glock, *some* semblance of reality needs to be maintained.

I certainly haven't tried every Glock out there and I'm sure there are some crappy ones, but out of the 15-20 I've tried, all were easily able to shoot the face out of the bad guy target at 25 yards, with any ammo. Honestly, I don't know what more someone could ask for...at least from a semiauto pistol in the chamberings Glocks come with.

If you could get a Glock in 44mag or 454 or something, I could understand needing accuracy of "deer vitals" at 100ish yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef_Supreme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">300WSM, thanks for your post, but the reality of it all is that I just can't shoot. Everyone knows there are no tricks for any gun out there that I may overlook. Furthermore everyone knows that every part mass manufacured in a production facility is 100% perfect 100% of the time, and there is no possiblity that there is ANYthing wrong with my Glock. I now have to scrap 16 years of shooting, training, qualifications, tell my boss I am not eligible to work in LE Training Division and go sign up for a class somewhere.
Maybe someday.</div></div>

You mention shooting 1911s, and having gone for years without shooting Glocks. It's not outside the realm of possibility that you're just still getting used to the Glock trigger again. I'm a die-hard 1911 guy just barely beginning to learn on the striker-fired DAO systems, and there's definitely a learning curve to overcome in transitioning to an inferior trigger system.