• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger Monkey

Ronin
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2005
    Winchester Virginia
    I was working on an article and then this happened...

I undercut the trigger guard and removed the finger ridges on my G21 SF. The final sanding took forever but I'm happy with the end result.

I'm still thinking about how far down the rabbit hole I want to go with this. I'm kicking around the idea of scalloping out the magazine release and doing a moderate stipple job on the grip. By moderate I mean just the area of the grip panel on both sides instead of a full wrap around.

I used a 1/2" sanding drum on my Dremel and took my time. I kept the RPM's just under the mid-range and as they wore down close to the texturing I came in from the side so that I could better control the drum. That way it lessened the chance of hitting the texturing.

Final sanding was done using 800-2500 grit sandpaper.

Last edited:
    It looks pretty good as is. I would caution about stippling as damned near every stippling job I have seen on Glocks makes them look worse. I will admit that stippling works to increase grip, if that is what you need, I just think it looks bad. You did a first rate job removing the finger bumps, perhaps if you could figure out a way to match the factory texturing on the front grip area, that would be cool and not look goofy.

Reactions: derk
    Hey E! I've been seeing some pretty cool stuff they can do with lasers. I was at SHOT and there was a stock company there that could laser engrave all kinds of stuff on your stock.

I'm done with the pistol, it came out pretty good. I have the stock magazine release in right now and I barely need to adjust my grip to drop the magazine, not bad for the 2X4 grip of a G21.

This is my G34 that I had modified before except I got rid of the front finger bumps and texturing and gave it a stipple job.

Reactions: hrt4me
    Looks great. I just bought a used G19 to let my wife practice stippling on. I would try it but I don't think I have enough patience lol.

I've never seen a half decent home-stipple job so I highly recommend against that. If you want it stippled id send it out to be done professionally

Reactions: Bender