• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock Trigger Connector?

Smokin

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2007
Houston, Texas
Would changing the factory connector to a 3.5lb connector reduce reliability/saftey of the weapon? Thoughts?

Re: Glock Trigger Connector?

Not at all. You are really on taking 2lbs off the trigger pull so it still a fairly descent pull. Every LEO glock i've bought comes with a 3.5lb trigger.

Nope. In fact, my Glock trigger is still heavier than my M&P Pro. Go for it.

Don't worry about the brand, either. All the connectors are the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all. You are really on taking 2lbs off the trigger pull so it still a fairly descent pull. Every LEO glock i've bought comes with a 3.5lb trigger. </div></div>

I'd like to know which agency is issuing 3.5lb connectors in their pistols. We use 8lb and I've never heard of an agency using less than 5 per Glock's recommendation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all. You are really on taking 2lbs off the trigger pull so it still a fairly descent pull. Every LEO glock i've bought comes with a 3.5lb trigger. </div></div>

I'd like to know which agency is issuing 3.5lb connectors in their pistols. We use 8lb and I've never heard of an agency using less than 5 per Glock's recommendation. </div></div>

Apparently our local PD and Sheriffs office. I've bought a 22 and 23 from them and they have all had 3.5lb triggers and labeled so on the blue tag on the front of the box. They otherwise come standard with 5lb trigger. They make you guys use 8lb triggers? That SUCKS!! Its a little hard to fight the 5lb pull i couldnt imagine what it takes to overcome a 8lb trigger pull esp on a quick follow up.

While you're at it, search the net for ".25 trigger job". You polish a few spots and it really cleans up the pull. I've got 3.5# ghost rocket connectors in all but one of mine. The ghost rocket has an overtravel tab that allows you to fine tune it a little. I've had zero problems.

The only malfunctions I've seen is where guys have worked the pistols right to the edge for competition.

you won't have any problems. i've been using a trigger kit from triggerkit.com in my 35. no problems except for light strikes on wolf primers.

Wow a 3.5lbs trigger in a duty gun. our old ones had the new york trigger, we just got a new batch with the 5lbs pull because they forgot to order the heavier one.

I use a Lone Wolf connector spring in 3.5 # and it really improves the trigger action. I still feel totally safe with it as a carry gun. One other mod you may want to make is a metal guide rod. I just trust the steel rod assembly more than the plastic one.
My pistol was ex-LE, either Oregon State Police or Portland Police Department and came with the 5 # in place. I think it belonged to a "suit" who never took it out unless they had to qualify. The thing was minty fresh and didn't show any signs of holster wear or really much use at all. It took me about five minutes to toally clean it, which is a new record for me on a used gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all. You are really on taking 2lbs off the trigger pull so it still a fairly descent pull. Every LEO glock i've bought comes with a 3.5lb trigger. </div></div>

I'd like to know which agency is issuing 3.5lb connectors in their pistols. We use 8lb and I've never heard of an agency using less than 5 per Glock's recommendation. </div></div>

+1 Most i know of come w/ the 5. Have heard of 1 agency SWITCHING OUT to the 3.5, but that was for select few users.

On a side note, I replaced my standard 5 with the GHOST INC 3.5 connector was done with very little effort an time. Works great and is very smooth.

I ordered a 3.5 pound factory connector off of eBay for $18. Watched a video on youtube on how to disassemble a glock and installed my 3.5 pound connector in about 10 minutes (including the time it took me to watch the video). Havent taken it to the range yet, but from dry firing, it seems to be the best $20 ever spent.

There are some basic changes that I do to every Glock that I have ever owned, or worked on for some friends. The disconector is always #1 change to make. The groups are substatially better. #2 is the extended slide release. #3 is the extended magazine release. In that order, is the most basic and important changes to me and everyone else that has shot any of my Glocks.

I have now also opted to add the competition thumb rest, and extended slide lock as well. They are all simple additions, and just make things so much more user friendly!!

DK

It's a safe and easy mod and won't leave you with a hair trigger. There is still the same amount of travel so it's lighter but not otherwise changed.

Make sure when you put the slide stop back in, to get the spring under the trigger pin. If not when shooting it will flop and possibly lock the slide back at random.

Put the top trigger pin in first, then slide stop, then the lower pin.

Our SWAT guys are issued long slide compensated Glocks with the 3.5 lb trigger. Everyone else has to carry the 5 lb models.